Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2022, 03:49 PM   #61

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
To start I don't know the secret handshake or have the DRV decoder ring, but have owned rvs for 45 years with experience with oil bath hubs. Just to be clear ALL newly posted threads appear in the "recent discussions" sections on the right side of the home page, even the exclusive DRV posts.
Now if you've drilled any holes in your oil bath system get that part replaced ASAP all it'll do is let contaminants in.
To fill add oil til it runs out the hole the rubber plug was in. To fill further you'll need to tilt the rv so it doesn't keep running out, common sense.
If you have greaseable hubs there should be a zerk in the end of the spindle. I'd recommend NOT using this as you could possibly blow the rear seal. Hand pack at a chosen mileage or time frame.
If by chance they're sealed bearings there's no need for oil or grease, they're sealed, the only maintenance is replacement.

Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:05 PM   #62

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
If oil is present then most likely oil bath bearings

Sealed bearings are double sealed, visible through a clear cap and certainly easy to determine with the cap removed
Sealed bearings? These are not non serviceable hub bearing, like you might have. This is a 5th wheel DRV section. Wheel bearing in this glass are serviced by repacking them or oil bathed.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:07 PM   #63

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
To start I don't know the secret handshake or have the DRV decoder ring, but have owned rvs for 45 years with experience with oil bath hubs. Just to be clear ALL newly posted threads appear in the "recent discussions" sections on the right side of the home page, even the exclusive DRV posts.
Now if you've drilled any holes in your oil bath system get that part replaced ASAP all it'll do is let contaminants in.
To fill add oil til it runs out the hole the rubber plug was in. To fill further you'll need to tilt the rv so it doesn't keep running out, common sense.
If you have greaseable hubs there should be a zerk in the end of the spindle. I'd recommend NOT using this as you could possibly blow the rear seal. Hand pack at a chosen mileage or time frame.
If by chance they're sealed bearings there's no need for oil or grease, they're sealed, the only maintenance is replacement.
I thought the same thing about the zerk fitting. I have been giving mine 3-4 pumps while spinning the wheel. Have not blown out the rear seal. I think in the 9k axles they did not put in a zerk in the spindle.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #64

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Elevate tire, have someone spin tire and you pump away until fresh grease appears.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:02 PM   #65

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
If oil is present then most likely oil bath bearings

Sealed bearings are double sealed, visible through a clear cap and certainly easy to determine with the cap removed

What sealed bearings?
Old 09-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #66

THOR #3610
Whether a sealed bearing is on a DRV or anything piece of machinery it's sealed you can oil bathe it or pump grease around it all day but it won't get into the bearing, it's sealed.
When was the last time you packed the front wheel bearings on a late model 2 wheel drive truck, never, they are sealed bearings & the only maintenance is to replace the entire hub with the new sealed bearing already installed.
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #67

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
What sealed bearings?
The ones in question in the hubs
Old 09-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #68

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Sealed bearings? These are not non serviceable hub bearing, like you might have. This is a 5th wheel DRV section. Wheel bearing in this glass are serviced by repacking them or oil bathed.
And some are sealed
Old 09-29-2022, 06:06 AM   #69

THOR #1658
Quote:
And some are sealed
What year DRV has sealed bearings? Like a hub assembly? Non serviceable?
You do realize that you have been replying in a DRV 5th wheel section?
Old 09-29-2022, 06:11 AM   #70

THOR #1658
Quote:
The second half of your post I agree with.
That is the biggest problem. When you click on new posts, it shows every new post/reply. That’s when those posters need to look at the section it is posted on. Heck look at the title of the post.
Secret handshake? Don’t play the victim because you or people don’t look at the details on where you are posting. If you fuck up, be man enough to admit it. A bigger man can own up to their actions and mistakes.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:21 AM   #71

THOR #1658
Let’s get this post back on track. Hopefully the people that don’t look at the details stop interjecting false information.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:55 PM   #72

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Quote:
My '07 came with 50MM NeverLube sealed bearings. Replaced them once but used them until 2016 when I had MorRyde IS installed.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:30 PM   #73

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by anijet View Post
My '07 came with 50MM NeverLube sealed bearings. Replaced them once but used them until 2016 when I had MorRyde IS installed.
Sure 16 year models back maybe. I believe they changed to oil bath bearings after that. Then stopped oil bathed to grease packed bearings. Grease packed bearings are standard on the MorRyde IS, which I believe became standard in 2017 as most of the units prior where optioned with it.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:50 PM   #74

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Quote:
Sure 16 year models back maybe. I believe they changed to oil bath bearings after that. Then stopped oil bathed to grease packed bearings. Grease packed bearings are standard on the MorRyde IS, which I believe became standard in 2017 as most of the units prior where optioned with it.
Prior post you asked what year. I just answered your question.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:06 AM   #75

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by anijet View Post
Prior post you asked what year. I just answered your question.
Thanks.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #76

THOR #3610
Quote:
That is the biggest problem. When you click on new posts, it shows every new post/reply. That’s when those posters need to look at the section it is posted on. Heck look at the title of the post.
Secret handshake? Don’t play the victim because you or people don’t look at the details on where you are posting. If you fuck up, be man enough to admit it. A bigger man can own up to their actions and mistakes.
I have not f##ked up! I've given factual information about bearings, oil bath & greaseable, also sealed bearings. I will contend a sealed bearing is "sealed" NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, or necessary.
I may have entered the DRV Clubhouse uninvited, but this is a public THOR forum not exclusive to DRV members only.
The post appear in the "recent discussions" sections, if I & I'd recommend anyone else that may have usable information or advice about that particular subject to jump right in with the help or advice, until something in the forum rules prevent it we are all free to respond to any/all posts on this forum, whether the DRV kings & queens like it or not.
DRVs are built in Indiana by the same group of Indiana residents that move from manufacturer to manufacturer building nearly rv on the road. DRVs have the same suppliers, same vendors as every other Thor rv, the biggest difference is the price which apparently pays the dues into the DRV Members ONLY club.
If DRV members don't want the rest of us low life's into their club maybe you could contact the forum administrators & have them figure a way for a code word or something so the rest of us don't intrude in your secret discussions.
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-30-2022, 06:39 PM   #77

THOR #1658
Quote:
I have not f##ked up! I've given factual information about bearings, oil bath & greaseable, also sealed bearings. I will contend a sealed bearing is "sealed" NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED, or necessary.
I may have entered the DRV Clubhouse uninvited, but this is a public THOR forum not exclusive to DRV members only.
The post appear in the "recent discussions" sections, if I & I'd recommend anyone else that may have usable information or advice about that particular subject to jump right in with the help or advice, until something in the forum rules prevent it we are all free to respond to any/all posts on this forum, whether the DRV kings & queens like it or not.
DRVs are built in Indiana by the same group of Indiana residents that move from manufacturer to manufacturer building nearly rv on the road. DRVs have the same suppliers, same vendors as every other Thor rv, the biggest difference is the price which apparently pays the dues into the DRV Members ONLY club.
If DRV members don't want the rest of us low life's into their club maybe you could contact the forum administrators & have them figure a way for a code word or something so the rest of us don't intrude in your secret discussions.
You should really reread what has been posted. Have I said that anything you said about you being was incorrect with your statements on bearings?………….
The point I was trying again to make is the attitude you have thinking you need a secret handshake or some bullshit sign. Did I not agree that people just click on the what’s new button?………..
It’s the fact that details escape them to what they are posting about. Its like me posting about apples and people start chiming in about oranges and bananas. What the #*%@ has that have to do about apples?………..
Let’s try to stay on topic as people are posting and asking questions in this section of the forum, because they have a specific question about DRVs. If it was a general question they could post it in the general section. That is the great thing about forums, you can organize it to find specific information quickly instead of going through thousands of posts and comments.
And then bringing in a victim mentality defending someone that screwed up. Accusing us that we think we are better then you.
I expect this from you as you have stirred the pot several times in this group, section of the forum.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:56 PM   #78

THOR #9178
Quote:

Absolutely right on
Old 09-30-2022, 11:59 PM   #79

THOR #9178
Quote:
Touchy, apparently so, you need to read all post and Pothole
Old 10-01-2022, 04:20 AM   #80

THOR #3610
Quote:
You should really reread what has been posted. Have I said that anything you said about you being was incorrect with your statements on bearings?………….
The point I was trying again to make is the attitude you have thinking you need a secret handshake or some bullshit sign. Did I not agree that people just click on the what’s new button?………..
It’s the fact that details escape them to what they are posting about. Its like me posting about apples and people start chiming in about oranges and bananas. What the #*%@ has that have to do about apples?………..
Let’s try to stay on topic as people are posting and asking questions in this section of the forum, because they have a specific question about DRVs. If it was a general question they could post it in the general section. That is the great thing about forums, you can organize it to find specific information quickly instead of going through thousands of posts and comments.
And then bringing in a victim mentality defending someone that screwed up. Accusing us that we think we are better then you.
I expect this from you as you have stirred the pot several times in this group, section of the forum.
Been a member of this forum for several years & if I or any non DRV owner respond to a question on this DRV sub section you never fail to remind us that we are "responding on a DRV site & we need to check the title before opening" as if anything we have to offer is somehow irrelevant if it's on a DRV.
The only reason I mentioned secret codes & handshakes is from you RYNOSBACK constantly reminding us we're in the wrong section as if somehow the ELITE in DRV is as much the members as it is the rv!
I have a few friends with DRVs & have offered help to them as well they've offered help to me & they've been grateful even though I've never owned a DRV & they never owned my brand, but they were all rvs.
I'm done with this whole line of BS with you RYNOSBACK & will not respond further.................unless someone post a new question/topic that I can help with. At that time I'll expect another reminder "check the title, your on a DRV site" from you to which I'll happily ignore again.
Replacement undetermined