Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #11383
Farewell as I have traded Class A pusher

It will be 7 years next week since we said saw our soon to be RV travel down the factory floor. After the getting through the first year we had a 6 good years. No real surprises.
After nearly 5 months of looking, we have traded for a 42 foot DP Class A but haven't fully moved in as my wife had some minor surgery and controls the kitchen area. We knew Class A's had less storage area but I didn't realize how much difference till realized the height of the basement area are so limiting. Of course the truck also held more than the Toad will. I will still be on the Thor Forums but a Model that was built before Thor acquired.

Thanks to all your thoughts and guidance over years.
Clay Going for a small Class C to Montana FW to Mobile Suits FW on to Class A over 11 years

Old 09-28-2022, 05:44 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Good Luck and Happy Trails
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:05 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Best of luck and hope that your wife heals up quickly. I hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
It will be 7 years next week since we said saw our soon to be RV travel down the factory floor. After the getting through the first year we had a 6 good years. No real surprises.
After nearly 5 months of looking, we have traded for a 42 foot DP Class A but haven't fully moved in as my wife had some minor surgery and controls the kitchen area. We knew Class A's had less storage area but I didn't realize how much difference till realized the height of the basement area are so limiting. Of course the truck also held more than the Toad will. I will still be on the Thor Forums but a Model that was built before Thor acquired.

Thanks to all your thoughts and guidance over years.
Clay Going for a small Class C to Montana FW to Mobile Suits FW on to Class A over 11 years
Good luck and what did you purchase?
Old 10-05-2022, 12:42 PM   #5

State: Texas
THOR #11383
I bought an early 2017 42 foot Entegra Anthem.to pull a car rather than used the truck as our daily driver more and more. We loved the DRV as we had so much room and storage. Today will first I put all 4 slides and let my wife start packing things away. The main storage disadvantage is the different of the Basement storage. The FW may have twice the vertical height.

Where I park and store is not a level place but the FW, I would crib the front jacks but the Entegra I would not try that. (Class A disadvantage)
In the past, long term visits, a car was a available or stored but with the Grandkids going many ways, the old method just wasn't working as well.
As age creeps up on us we think this is the easy way going between northern WI/MN, Texas, FL, TN IL MO.
Clay
Old 10-05-2022, 01:31 PM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
I bought an early 2017 42 foot Entegra Anthem.to pull a car rather than used the truck as our daily driver more and more. We loved the DRV as we had so much room and storage. Today will first I put all 4 slides and let my wife start packing things away. The main storage disadvantage is the different of the Basement storage. The FW may have twice the vertical height.

Where I park and store is not a level place but the FW, I would crib the front jacks but the Entegra I would not try that. (Class A disadvantage)
In the past, long term visits, a car was a available or stored but with the Grandkids going many ways, the old method just wasn't working as well.
As age creeps up on us we think this is the easy way going between northern WI/MN, Texas, FL, TN IL MO.
Clay
Nice coach, it was one we looked at also

Definitely a learning curve and for us very positive in the end

Enjoy!
Old 10-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The best of luck to you! I hope it beings you countless miles & smiles!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote