Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Maryland
THOR #2090
303 protectant

Okay people I have been reading about this product 303 protectant...It states it is the best UV protectant on the market today...I am going to apply it to the roof of my Mobile Suite...Here is my question have any of you tried this product for your roof sealer,if so I would like to see your opinions on it...

Old 06-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
I have been using 303 for years on tires, WW wipers, decals and rubber trim, but don't think I have ever used it on roof sealer. Probably could help extend the life some though.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I had used it for years on my Fleetwood PopUp's vinyl tenting, 9it was the manufacturer's recommended product). It maintained the look of "new".

On a roof it might get slippery. Be careful up there.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #4

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
I personally would not do anything but clean the roof with soap and water. CaLL the roof manufacturer.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #5

Model: Vegas
State: Oregon
THOR #1838
303 is great for UV protection. I've used it on tires for years. I'm not sure if it would make the roof slippery (I have to clean snow off occasionally during the winter while it is in storage.) 303 is also a bit pricy, but goes a long way. I have read about some using Mop 'N Glow floor wax on the roof. Protects without the slipping problem. I tried it and was not impressed with the results.

I'm just glad I don't have a rubber roof... that rubber roof conditioner is nasty stuff.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Seems like a lot of extra work, since I thought the normal maintenance of a rubber roof is a clean and re-seal each year?
San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #7

Model: Vegas
State: Oregon
THOR #1838
When I had a Class-C with a rubber roof it was recommended to use the "conditioner/cleaner" once a year. I'd wait for a cloudy, cool day to apply it. Not my favorite job.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #8

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
From what I know about it, I wouldn't put it on my roof.
Everything else, but not the roof membrane.

For what it's worth, I just finished up mine using Protect-all..... everything but the roof. It seems to do a nice job.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #9

Model: Tradition 375KPS
THOR #2086
I applied Protect All Rubber Roof Treatment. That was only about a month ago, so I don't know how well it will hold up to the weather yet. A 32-ounce bottle does the entire roof with a little left over.

The Protect All treatment feels and smells a lot like 303 Protectant (which I use on my tires), except it is formulated for rubber roofs. Thay also have a cleaner, which removes any chalking and dirt, to use before you apply the treatment.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #10

Model: 36 RSSB3
THOR #2152
I've read on other rv forums that people DO use 303 protectant on the roof. You might look at some other forums like rv.net, Irv2, Escapees, 5thwheelforum. I wish the SOITC forum would come back up, there's so much info there