Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Dakota
THOR #3258
38 RL3 vs 38 TKSB3

Does the separate living room seem small compared to the 38 TKSB3?

We like the idea of the separate living room, especially if we would have an overnight guest, but if that would make a "claustrophobic" space we'll pass.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:17 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Some friends of ours have a 38RL3. When we visited them and sat in the living room, I was indeed feeling a bit claustrophobic. Having the wall between the living room and the kitchen makes both areas seem very small.

Joe
Old 11-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #3

Brand: DRV
Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Wow! That makes me have to think back to when we were shopping for our 2010. We were also looking at both models, but chose the 38TKSB3 for a couple of reasons.

First of all, after looking at the hardware (in 2010) that held onto the doors on the track, I wasn't impressed with that in the case of a coach traveling or on rough approaches to RV sites or fuel stations.

Secondly, we really liked the desk in the TKSB3 for a place for my computer. The only drawback to that design is the way the cabinet overhead at the desk comes out to a point. I've konked my noggin a time or two when I forgot the best way to approach my computer. That sharp corner is painful to meet.

Lastly, we've always liked homes that appeared to be open and with plenty of windows for light. While the RV might be a bit shy on windows, there are plenty for our needs and the openness is nice if I want to reach something in the cabinet or counter from my desk. That openness in the TKSB3 also allows heat from the fireplace to dissipate around the room better without a wall in the way.

Additionally, I can pour a cup of coffee and set it on the counter near the desk, then walk around the peninsula counter and sit down at my desk before picking up the coffee cup and taking a sip. The wife use to HATE it when I carried a cup of coffee from the kitchen in our last home to my office.

Happy wife...happy life.

Terry