Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
38RSSA talk

This thread is about 38RSSA models. Let the discussion begin.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #2

Model: 38 RSSA
State: Florida
THOR #2055
June 8 mine goes to the factory for various issues under warranty. It will be a new experience for me.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #3

Model: 38 RSSA
State: Nevada
THOR #1937
The Dbl Z...Outfitting, Upgrades, and Drama!...

We've been full time'n fer over 12 years in a HR Imperial 40' DBL slide DP. We spent the first year and a half get'n the coach ready for full time use!...I'm talk'n dealer and Monaco service center warranty for the most part!... But that's another story!...Anyway!...

This is our first 5th wheel. We picked the 38RSSA and had it delivered to our spot as we had nothing to pull it with....

It's still, A work in progress! So I thought I'd share our outfitting, upgrades, and Drama associated with it!

Installed prior to delivery were the
Maxxair covers, Winegard Trav'ler, and Direct TV.

We've been using the Sewer Solutions in the DP for most of those years without any problems!...And it's a clean set-up! Sewer Solution - Valterra SS01 - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World

So that's what I'm using on the 5'er!...Note: The plumbing is different than the DP! (looks like 2 90* fittings, (maybe 3)) on the drain line. you can and will plug the tank if you don't make sure the black tank flush is running clean and free at the end. There is a technic that MUST be followed to use the solutions on DRV units!....And I'll be happy to explain it if there is any interest!...Moving on..

Wilson DT4g Cell booster...I mounted the booster antenna to the TV power antenna, (making it directional) and have 3 plus bars where I didn't have AT&T or Verizon in the past where we winter.

I think the only bed worst than the stock DRV bed is a sleep number!...then again! So out with that POS! And in with the...Tempur-pedic King

We outfitted the kitchen with electric must haves!
Dometic Ice maker
Keurig Vue Coffee maker
Electric Skillet
Slow Cooker
Oster Belgian waffle maker
Egg Cooker
Rice Cooker/steamer

FoodSaver http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/foodsaver-v3860-vacuum-sealer/T000-18003.html#start=9

And a T-fal OptiGrill T-fal OptiGrill
This thing is freak'n Awesome!!!

Going back outside and in the final stretch of this story, this pic shows a couple things!... First is the Storage containers! Airtight, watertight, and bugtight! These are just great storage containers for everything!

Gamma Storage containers Outback Collection of Gamma2 Air Tight Pet Food Containers

...And the portable R/O system. Back in 2004 we went to Quartzsite AZ to winter. We had a popular 3 filter filtration set-up that worked fine for where we'd been--OR/WA-- breaking in the DP. But hooking up to that AZ water was a real eye opener!....It barely took a week before we were R/O converts!... The water is so bad you dare not drink it, so mineralized, water spots are like instant concrete, and after a shower you itch and feel..well!...not clean!
The DP had a Full System Automatic R/O installed before I took my next shower!

So when our new 5'er was set and leveled, The first thing to do was set-up the R/O! What little water was in the tank was used to flush the toilet, and the only water hooked up to fill the tank happened the next day!

I did this one a little different than the DP... I added two pre-filters... before the R/O bank. But what I have here in the box is the system...Low pressure switch, High pressure pump, transformer & float switch, (not in the box yet! ), and filters.

Not installed in the tank yet, I had to feed a line through the vent hole to fill it!

The R/O waste line is plumbed into the drain pipe.

So now! wherever we go! All water is treated equal! It goes through these filter or it don't go at all!

And for the last component that makes this 5th wheel life possible!.... The Tow Rig! I've had three dually's in the past and our HD 2500 just wouldn't cut it! I almost went for the new RAM 3500 but all my past experiences said otherwise!
And after the first few minutes to the end of a 3 hour drive!.... I am So thankful!

Spending 1/2 the cost of that new RAM, and getting So Much More! ... I just can't put into words how safe, secure, and confident I felt towing our new home!

M 2 Freightliner

And here's the first pic of the pair!

DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #4

Model: 2016 38rssa
State: Washington
THOR #3115
38rssa

Where is the Hydrolic pump fluid reservoir located?
Old 07-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #5

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebaler View Post
Drivers side front compartment under the overhang of the fifth wheel
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #6

THOR #3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid View Post
Drivers side front compartment under the overhang of the fifth wheel
Thank you. Right above my batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	2376  
Old 07-02-2016, 04:44 AM   #7

THOR #2697
Sent you a private message. Asked you about the line you ran into the fresh water tank.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:06 PM   #8

THOR #3115
38 rssa

How do you replace one of the living area slide lights that wants to blink? Do not want to force anything and break it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2381  
Old 07-02-2016, 11:52 PM   #9

Model: Mobile Suite 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #3749
Quote:
Sets next to your converter in basement area
Old 07-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #10

State: Alabama
THOR #3543
I use the Sewer solution on my 2015 MS41RSSB4 with no out of the ordinary hook up. What are you doing that is different.

FS
Old 07-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #11

Model: Mobile Suite 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #3749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbender View Post
Sets next to your converter in basement area
Sorry thought you ment reservoir for hyd brakes
Old 07-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #12

State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Converted W/D area to Linen Clothes Closet

At this point we really do not need a Washer / Dryer is our 2016 38RSSA. So--- we converted the washer dryer area to a linen closet for all of our towels and baskets for dirty clothes. Worked out pretty good. Even left an access for the washer hookup. Just added a towel bar in the middle. Never enough room for towels.

Don
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Closet mods.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	2413  
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #13

THOR #2697
About your water filter, Are you able to have the pump on and draw water while filling the holding tank? Also, How are you intending to install the float in holding tank? Is that your plan?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:18 AM   #14

THOR #3115
38 rssa height?

I tow our 38rssa with a Ford F-350 4x4 and the clearance height on the fifth wheel is 13'6" . That is high. It doesn't clear some of the overpass by much.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #15

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
I tow our 38rssa with a Ford F-350 4x4 and the clearance height on the fifth wheel is 13'6" . That is high. It doesn't clear some of the overpass by much.
Do you have the 2" risers? Have you actually measured your highest point to the ground. We added 3" risers and we are at 13'5".
Old 08-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #16

THOR #3115
It was on my truck with 30 lbs in air bags. No risers on mine. However I may not have gotten an exact measure . Anyhow it is higher than the motor home I am use to driving.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #17

State: Alabama
THOR #3543
Our 41RSSB4 with 2" riser is 13.3

Juat measured at MorRyde

FS
Old 08-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #18

State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Riser install on our 2016 38RSSA

When my 2017 F450 gets here I anticipate that since it sits higher then my 2008 F350 2wd -- that I will need to get the risers installed. Whether its 2" or 3" remains to be seen.

From those of you who who have had that done what can I expect to pay Mor Ryde for that job?

Advice and information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don

DonandPatti
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:31 AM   #19

State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Don,

We just had our Suites raised up 2" at MorRyde in Elkhart, we paid around $1600 for our job. You should call Mr. Rob Kolean at MorRyde 574-293-1581 ext 256.

He's easy to talk to and can get you scheduled in for service work, they're pretty busy so you may not get in for service till later this fall.

Work takes two days and they do a great job! They re-routed our brake lines to the inside of the frame rails, nice. You'll be able to stay in your unit while the work is being done. Over all our experience there was outstanding!

Dan
Old 08-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #20

THOR #3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonandPatti View Post
When my 2017 F450 gets here I anticipate that since it sits higher then my 2008 F350 2wd -- that I will need to get the risers installed. Whether its 2" or 3" remains to be seen.

From those of you who who have had that done what can I expect to pay Mor Ryde for that job?

Advice and information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don

DonandPatti
Don,
I think the f-450 will only be about 1" higher over all.

Tags
38rssa