Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
Water Filter for Whirlpool fridge

We have just now tried to use the icemaker in the '15 RSSA we got used--no water/no ice. Finally figured out there is no filter in the slot for one. Have the manual and part number, but it is not close to any in Lowes catalog. Since I don't have the old filter to look at/take with me--anyone have this same fridge and can give me the actual number on the filter?
Trying to get ready to head out after house closes Tuesday and would like to find one today if possible. Hope not to have to wait til Tues to get this done.
Thanks,
Joe

Old 05-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Check the Whirlpool website to find the correct number for your model. You may be able to order from Amazon with same day or next day delivery.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658

UKF8001

We have a 2016 RSB3 with a whirlpool fridge.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #4

THOR #3109
Thanks for the help--I finally woke up to the fact that Sears has a national service line open 7 days--called them with my model number and found out the all the older numbers have been changed. Got the new one and went to Lowes and got 2 of them at $50/each.

rynosback,
The filter number in mine is completely different, thanks.

SuperD,
Had already considered this but number in manual could not be found online--at least I could not get a cross-reference til I talked to Sears. I was amazed at the lady's knowledge of what I was looking for.

Should have known that if I had more patience I could have solved this without bothering anyone else.

Old number was UKF8001AXX--new one is EDR4RXD1
Now have water in door, hoping for icemaker to take off.

Thanks, again.

Joe
Old 05-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #5

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
THOR #2754
If it doesn't have the filter installed, the previous owner should have put the supplied filter bypass widget in place. If so, the icemaker should still work. I had to replace the icemaker in our 38RSSA as the one supplied with the Frigidaire was DOA.

Rusty
Old 05-28-2017, 04:58 PM   #6

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Ours is a KitchenAid but basically the same as Whirlpool. Bought our filters thru AMAZON.

discountfilterstore.com has a less expensive replacement, I have not tried but seems to have good reviews.

EDR4RXD1 EveryDrop UKF8001 Maytag Comparable Refrigerator Water Filter Replacement By Tier1
588 Reviews
/
20 Questions \ 20 Answers
$29.99
Save 40% (MSRP: $49.99)
Availability: In Stock

Fits Amana, Jenn-Air, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag and Whirlpool models with a long, narrow filter installed in the fridge ceiling
Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #7

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
I'm not going to say everyone, but most, do not have to have a filter installed for the water features to work. We have an Amana at home and a Fridgedaire in the drv. Neither have the water filters installed and work just fine.

Bill
Old 05-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #8

THOR #3109
When you are just about to start living in the trailer and should have checked the water/icemaker beforehand, I get a little excited when nothing comes out and I have water hooked up--the thought of it not working on a used trailer was a bother. I was relieved to find the filter missing--just a matter of locating one on a holiday weekend.
Thanks for the help--I now have a spare and cheaper sources.
Joe
Old 05-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #9

THOR #2053
Not trying to be a SA but did you check to see if the water supply was turned on?

Bill
Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #10

THOR #3109
Ahh, Bill, I admire your background in things electric, you have helped me and others with your sparking wisdom--but, you might consider an email charm school or perhaps reading all the parts of previous posts.....
To Wit: "Now have water in door, hoping for icemaker to take off."

I actually DID check for the water supply to be turned on....but that IS always a potential problem with me.

I do appreciate your advice on things electrical.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 05-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #11

THOR #2053
Sorry if that offended you. I have never met you face to face so all I can go off of is the type of questions you ask on here. It seemed like an good question considering. Charm school didn't work for me. I still call them like I see them.

Bill
Old 05-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #12

THOR #3109
Bill,
Thank you, I got kind of snarky there. Keep the advice/answers on electrical things coming, I know I will need some real help in the future.
Moving into fulltime can be stressful....
Joe