Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: My tech choise is
Android 5 45.45%
Apple 6 54.55%
I still search for pay phones 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2015, 05:09 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Question Android VS Apple

For you full timers out there.
Which Phones, tablets and or laptops are you using?
What do you have and why do you like it?
If you had to do it over again, would you do it differently?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #2

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Wife had a Droid Bionic phone. Don't really like it.

I have an iPhone 5 love it.

She uses a MacBook Pro laptop. Awesome

I use a Mac Desktop. Awesome
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
LOL You are going to get 10,000,000 different opinions with this one! Perhaps even a flame war

I didn't answer the poll because I'm not a full timer. I now have an Android phone but its my first Android after many iPhones. They each have their advantages and disadvantages.

In addition, if you have $10k to burn, you could always pick up a Gold Apple Watch to go with the phone
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:11 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #1327
Jamie is so right about 10,000 opinions almost like asking Ford or Chevy. My background is technology not mechanical so this is an area I know pretty well.

I used Apple extensively after owning Android and Window devices. If want to "tweak" your devices, Android is the way to go. If you want simple, high quality, and outstanding service and support, go Apple.

And Yes, on April 10th, I wil be ordering my Apple wristband computer, they call a watch. And it's only $349, half of what I will pay for my Safe-t-plus steering control on my Axis tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen49
And Yes, on April 10th, I wil be ordering my Apple wristband computer, they call a watch. And it's only $349, half of what I will pay for my Safe-t-plus steering control on my Axis tomorrow.
I know this is a camping site but I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it once you've had it for a few weeks.

I've had a Moto360 since last year: So far I like it although I only use it for notifications, the time and local weather (found a watch face that shows local radar and weather).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:46 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I have hundreds of state of the art IBM PCs at work running Windows 7 and now 8.

That being said, for my personal use I'm all Apple. Big screen iMac in the motorhome, several Macbook Pros, two Six plus, and two normal six iPhones, four iPod touches, four more iPod nanos still in service. They just work.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #7

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #1327
Just so we don't misuse the Forum, anyone interested in technology advice, please private message me or we can communicate via our email addresses.

I would be more than happy to help, ( and repay for all the RV advice I have and wil be getting). Thanks

Evergreen49
Old 03-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Guys I am going to let this run, so many folks on the road, and are trying to stay in touch with the office and their families that it makes sense to keep it going. My self I am challenged I have a simple lap top I carry with me and a cell phone that I use as a phone. It is a small computer. but all goes for nought GPS is built into my vehicles. just no wars okay
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #9

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
I am running a Droid Max for the battery life and Verizon for service. I go to a LOT of remote job sites and used to be on AT&T but never could get consistent service. I don't have a problem now and use the phone as a WiFi hotspot for myself and others. We have had as many as 5 laptops sharing the net running from my phone when at some locations. I do like to "tweek" my phone and add a few not so common apps.

The wife uses Apple products (which I despise) and likes the fact that they are "simple" to use. See uses some sort of Apple pad, I use a thin laptop.....
Old 03-31-2015, 03:20 PM   #10

Model: Chateau 31w
State: California
THOR #1556
Apple iPhone 6 here. Have had 3's, 4's and 5's for many years now and very satisfied. Quite honestly I don't want to learn how to use a new phone and I didn't want to lose all my iTunes stuff.
RVI Brake2
RMS31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #11

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
LOL You are going to get 10,000,000 different opinions with this one! Perhaps even a flame war

I didn't answer the poll because I'm not a full timer. I now have an Android phone but its my first Android after many iPhones. They each have their advantages and disadvantages.

In addition, if you have $10k to burn, you could always pick up a Gold Apple Watch to go with the phone
Please do the poll. I just stated full time, because I am getting ready to go full time. A friend of mine said to me that he thought Apples were built better and would last longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergreen49 View Post
Jamie is so right about 10,000 opinions almost like asking Ford or Chevy. My background is technology not mechanical so this is an area I know pretty well.

I used Apple extensively after owning Android and Window devices. If want to "tweak" your devices, Android is the way to go. If you want simple, high quality, and outstanding service and support, go Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn View Post
Guys I am going to let this run, so many folks on the road, and are trying to stay in touch with the office and their families that it makes sense to keep it going. My self I am challenged I have a simple lap top I carry with me and a cell phone that I use as a phone. It is a small computer. but all goes for nought GPS is built into my vehicles. just no wars okay
I was not trying to stir any pots or start a flaming war. I just wanted to get other people/users point of views. I mean if I was, I would have made a post on the Android forum about Apples and visa verse.

Tags
laptop, phone, tablets, tech