Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Anyone use the T-Mobile Sync Up ???

Is anyone using the T-Mobile Sync UP? It is very similiar to the ATT Mobley --- however the Mobley seems to be a very rare item to find.

T-Mobile has a good network and the cost seems to be less that the ATT Mobley.

Just doing my research. I have not heard anyone talk about the T-Mobile Sync UP. It can be used just like the ATT Mobley. There is a seperate AC plug you can buy to use it in your coach.

Thanks

Don

DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #2

Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
What kind of data plan is available for it and what is the cost per month?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

THOR #4040
10GB $50 per month

The plan I looked out was 10GB and $50 per month.

This device is made by the same company, ZTE, that makes the Mobley

Don
Old 10-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #4

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Both my kids HAD T Mobil cell service & if their Sync Up works like the cell phones you'll be better off with 2 tin cans & a ball of string.
Our daughters T-M cell (Texas panhandle) worked great til she got out of town & then nothing. My son (Seattle area) had to go outside to use his & wouldn't work at all once out of town.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #5

THOR #4040
Research Research Research

That's why we do research. To find out from those have had those lifetime experiences.

Many thanks

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Both my kids HAD T Mobil cell service & if their Sync Up works like the cell phones you'll be better off with 2 tin cans & a ball of string.
Our daughters T-M cell (Texas panhandle) worked great til she got out of town & then nothing. My son (Seattle area) had to go outside to use his & wouldn't work at all once out of town.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
t mobile

t mobile has network issue, has become very unreliable. i could lose access for up to 4 hours a day, they had no explanation for issue.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #7

Model: 38RSSA MS
State: Washington
THOR #5214
I don't have a sync-up but we do use T-Mobile for our service. We have four lines and use one solely for a hot spot. The only issues we've had have been in Montana where all coverage is spotty....other than that we've been very happy throughout the west and gulf coast. My son's line has seen data as high as 150gb per month and never have had issues.
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #8

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Don,
If it is the unlimited data that you are looking for for $20. From what I understand, if you have a phone with AT&T you can have a hot spot for $20 a month. And you can use an Explore, which is a MUCH better hot spot. Some have put a Mobly sim into the Explore with GREAT results. But I worried if I do that they could cancel my $20 unlimited data plan. Because the see what device is connecting. Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #9

THOR #4040
$20 unlimited for the ATT Mobley is gone

The current ATT Mobley, if you can find or get one, is either $60/mo. or $90/mo. for the unlimited.
I will keep looking for the Mobley but their availability is very spotty.

I like the ATT Explore or the Unite -- they seem to be an alternative to the Mobley --- and you can get the same plans.

Thanks a lot.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Don,
If it is the unlimited data that you are looking for for $20. From what I understand, if you have a phone with AT&T you can have a hot spot for $20 a month. And you can use an Explore, which is a MUCH better hot spot. Some have put a Mobly sim into the Explore with GREAT results. But I worried if I do that they could cancel my $20 unlimited data plan. Because the see what device is connecting. Hope this helps.