Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2023, 01:35 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Houston
State: Tennessee
THOR #25217
Interior lighting

Well my last travel trailer was a Keystone and it wasn’t anywhere near this DRV except for one thing the lights. I owned that trailer for 5 years and never replaced the first light. Now I feel like I’m in a bar with all the flashing lights. Has anyone found a good replacement light that matches and will last. I’ve had this thing since Christmas of 21. They replaced 3 lights under warranty and I have 2 more starting to flash not to mention one of the big lights over the kitchen island that went out.

Old 03-30-2023, 01:08 PM   #2

Model: Mobile Suites 38rssa
State: Alaska
THOR #8691
I have a 2018 , bought fall 17, just started losing lights in bathroom so far. Still using the original command electronic lights. Will watch thread to see other ideas.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:55 PM   #3

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
You will probably get a few ideas. Some us, not me unfortunately we’re given a BUNCH of “free” replacements from Command. I ordered a pack of 6 from Command Electronics a year ago when I experienced flashing lights like you. I just replaced the last of my order! I placed an order with M4 LED out of California recently. Some on FB are saying they’re better than the CE lights and last longer. We’ll see, as of now I don’t have any flashing lights but am confident I will be using the M4’s in the future.

Good luck with your search, I hope I made the right move.

Dan
Old 04-02-2023, 03:48 AM   #4

Model: Full House JX450
State: Arkansas
THOR #17747
Interior lighting

I can not stand having the lights flickering, drives me crazy. While my DRV was still under warranty, I had five of the Command Electronics 3” LED lights flickering. I contacted DRV and the sent me five new ones. Three months went by and I had more lights flickering and a couple that were not lighting up at all. I asked for nine more and they shipped them to me. As time went on and the warranty expired, more lights kept failing. I finally realized that the 3” Command Electronics lights are junk. I was replacing junky failed lights with junky new lights. Part of the problem with the Command Electronics lights is that they have plastic housings and the circuit board has poor heat dissipation. Whenever any of the lights would flicker, even for a short time, we would put a sticky note right on the light and keep an eye on it. My experience has been that once they flicker, even if it’s just for a few seconds, it will keep getting worse.

The lights listed below from Amazon are what I put in now whenever the Command Electronics lights fail. So far I have not had any of the Amazon lights fail.

I like these Facon lights a lot. They work well, have metal housings and the screw holes are the same as the originals. You can install them without the screws, they have spring clips that hold the lights to the ceiling. I prefer to remove these clips and mount them with the original screws because the spring clips are so strong that getting a light back out with those clips on there is difficult. Just use a pair of pliers to rip the clips off. These lights will work great for all of your ceiling lights but the housing is too deep to be mounted under the cabinets or in the slide out ceilings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XR...b_b_asin_title

These Kicored lights are thin profile and will work for under cabinet and slide out ceilings. Also have metal housings. The build quality isn’t as good as the Facon but so far I haven’t had any of these fail and they are usually cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TN...b_b_asin_title

I’m also going to check out the M4 light mentioned above.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:57 PM   #5

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywrench View Post

I like these Facon lights a lot. They work well, have metal housings and the screw holes are the same as the originals. You can install them without the screws, they have spring clips that hold the lights to the ceiling. I prefer to remove these clips and mount them with the original screws because the spring clips are so strong that getting a light back out with those clips on there is difficult. Just use a pair of pliers to rip the clips off. These lights will work great for all of your ceiling lights but the housing is too deep to be mounted under the cabinets or in the slide out ceilings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XR...b_b_asin_title

These Kicored lights are thin profile and will work for under cabinet and slide out ceilings. Also have metal housings. The build quality isn’t as good as the Facon but so far I haven’t had any of these fail and they are usually cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TN...b_b_asin_title

I’m also going to check out the M4 light mentioned above.
What temperature did you order?

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:56 AM   #6

Model: Full House JX450
State: Arkansas
THOR #17747
Interior lighting

I ordered the warm white six packs and have used them everywhere. I’m not sure if the warm or the cool would match the originals better.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:01 PM   #7

Model: F350 - JX390
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24449
Thanks for the links and information Skywrench!
I got my 2020 JX390 January 2023 and so far, I’ve replaced 9 lights and have 3 more flickering. Haven’t had any of the new Command Electronics fail yet, but the way it sounds, it’s just a matter of time. Won’t order any more from CE.