Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RS3
State: Illinois
THOR #2847
DRV Dealership service concerns

DRV Dealership SERVICE SUCKS - DRV Has NO CONTROL over the dealerships that sell their units!

Greez, I wish I were camping!!! Bought a BRAND SPANKING NEW SUITE. Took delivery in April. Used it one week. Pantry cabinet was defective, rear AC didn't work and surge protector bad. Been in Bradley Burbonasie RV ever since. I feel I made a HUDGE MISTAKE buying a DRV. I feel Bradley Burbonasie has been jacking me around because I did not buy it from them...RV SERVICE SUCKS.

This is just the tip of the problems.

Bought our unit from RV's for Less. Our contract states a 1500w Invertor. We got a 1000w Invertor. RV's for Less made the statement "You were happy when we left." We found out about this when we called in to register the items. They don't want to make it right. They did offer to install a 1500w Invertor, IF WE drive to their facility (at a cost to us of $500.00). I do not trust them. They had our unit over 2 months prior to us picking it up. I feel, they are nothing but theives that use the Bible as a decoy!

Old 09-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Maverick -- sorry you are having such difficulties. This is absolutely ridiculous when you think about what these things cost.

Not intending to throw stones -- but, whenever folks on this forum ask my opinion on recommendations when they are considering buying an RV, I always say the same thing. Never buy from a dealer that is not local (within 50 miles) of where you live no matter what the sales deal is. The most frustrating thing any RV owner is going to encounter is service after the sale especially warranty work. I've had folks come back and say, "Yea, but we got an offer $10,000 less than anything local, and $10,000 can buy a lot of maintenance." My reply is always what is your frustration, aggravation, and time worth?

Yours is the classic example of what I'm talking about. It has sat in a dealership awaiting maintenance since Apr -- that's 4 months and it apparently is still a long way from being repaired. You have not been able to camp in in for 4 months and that is also 4 months off the warranty period until you find the next problems that will require warranty work. Then the inverter issue is still not rectified and it sounds like that is going to require a trip and wait time again to straighten out.

There was a thread on this forum where someone talked about a friend that had a multiple hundred thousand dollar Tiffin motorhome. The dishwater in it failed. Tiffin said he had to contact the manufacturer of the dishwasher. The manufacturer said the dishwasher was not designed for motorhome use, especially bouncing down the road. He contacted Tiffin again and Tiffin agreed to replace the dishwasher, BUT he had to drive it to the factory for the work -- 1400 mile one way trip.

I'm really sorry for your problem and I wish motorhome warranty coverage was more like cars. Any dealer authorized to sell a motorhome ought to also be obligated to service it -- especially warranty items.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #3

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
My advice is to buy from RollingRetreats stay on their full hookup lot in the unit to make sure everything is good then make final payment and enjoy life.

All this is based on personal experience of what "I should have done".
Old 09-02-2016, 09:09 PM   #4

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
No one said you had to use that service dealer. You picked them. I have never bought close to home. 5 drv units. DRV will pay for who ever you choose to work on it. I have used mobile techs in Tx and Az with great satisfaction.

Bill
Old 09-02-2016, 11:36 PM   #5

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
DRV Dealership SERVICE SUCKS ......... Took delivery in April. Used it one week. .......... Been in Bradley Burbonasie RV ever since. ......... I feel Bradley Burbonasie has been jacking me around
Why has it been there 4 months?
Get it out of there and find a qualified repair facility!
I would have pulled it out after 2-3 weeks let alone 4 months.
This is why I do all my own repairs. 3 RV's ago I took one in for warranty repairs and my tools and TV were stolen. I had to fight to get partial reimbursement. Never again. I'll be at MorRyde later this month only because my welding skills are too rusty and they come highly recommended.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:59 AM   #6

THOR #2697
Just remember that these are RV's and I affectionally refer to it as a Rolling Earthquake. Things happen and that is part and parcel with the "RV Life". We purchased our second DRV from a dealer we knew we would not have them service it. They possess limited expertise, a shortage of correct parts or sense of responsibility. Don't take me wrong, DRV should have better quality controls and as I understand it, it is a work in progress.
My recommendation, and we did this last summer, go back to the factory either under warranty or not. The techs that worked on ours did a very good job. They worked 5 days straight and finished everything we asked for. No cost whatsoever.

I say all this even as we have minor issues with our unit. It's the nature of the game.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:48 AM   #7

Model: 36RS3
THOR #2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
No one said you had to use that service dealer. You picked them. I have never bought close to home. 5 drv units. DRV will pay for who ever you choose to work on it. I have used mobile techs in Tx and Az with great satisfaction.

Bill
On our return from the 1-week trip, my wife fell off the steps of the DRV. She fractured her pelvis and sacrum in multiple places. We chose that dealer because he was the closest and a DRV dealer. My wife was restricted to a chair and I could not be far away. We thought it would go smoother going through a DRV dealer. Another mistake! The steps on our unit are nowhere close to being the same height step to step, which they should be. For the money, I thought DRV was top of the line units. That I found out is BS!

P.S. DRV did elude to me taking it to the nearest DRV Dealer.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #8

State: Alabama
THOR #3543
I would get on the I94 and go straight to Howe and the factory for repair. If you cannot get an appointment Call TwinLakes RV in LaGrange, they are excelllent. Re: the steps. MorRyde now has a step available that me help your wife in the future.

FS
Old 09-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #9

Model: 40 KSSB4
THOR #1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by frscherock@gmail.com View Post
I would get on the I94 and go straight to Howe and the factory for repair. If you cannot get an appointment Call TwinLakes RV in LaGrange, they are excelllent. Re: the steps. MorRyde now has a step available that me help your wife in the future.

FS
X2
Old 09-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #10

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by frscherock@gmail.com View Post

FS
Maybe TwinLakes but I would stay away form the factory for warranty!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:41 AM   #11

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
While I haven't been terribly impressed with our mobile suites, Sunshine RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ really took care of our warranty issues. (If you happen to be in the area)

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Longbed. Cummins, Aisin, 4.10
JBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:44 AM   #12

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Maverick,very sorry about your problems.Im looking to order same unit you have and do not feel very confident about r.v.'s for less now.Some friends and myself did a motorcycle trip through smokies in july and stopped at r.v.'s for less to check them out.Dealer ship to me looked good.They just sold 2 used drv's and were prepping them for pickup.Recaulking all seams fixing other problems,and told me they spend 3 days looking over new units.The more I read on these forums,im thinking to take my money to rolling retreats.Hope you get it sorted.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:07 AM   #13

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
We purchased our Mobile Suites 38RSSA from RVS for Less in May 2014. They spent 7 calendar days prepping our unit, and it has never been into a dealership or back to the factory for service. I don't know what more I could realistically expect from them.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #14

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
DVR is what?

no acronyms on the sex sites...well, in Hong Kong, but I digress.. hehe.. so for the sake of others and me what is DVR? my thought was a disk but seems not based on the thread..
Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #15

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
We purchased our Mobile Suites 38RSSA from RVS for Less in May 2014. They spent 7 calendar days prepping our unit, and it has never been into a dealership or back to the factory for service. I don't know what more I could realistically expect from them.

Rusty
Rusty YOU are a lucky Man!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #16

THOR #4935
I can also verify that Sunshine RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ does a great job. A $200 circuit board for the refrigerator didn't fix my problem and they gave me back my money for the circuit board. Now who does that on a electrical item?
Glenn 08 36tk3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:02 AM   #17

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
no acronyms on the sex sites...well, in Hong Kong, but I digress.. hehe.. so for the sake of others and me what is DVR? my thought was a disk but seems not based on the thread..
It's not DVR, it's DRV, which is a shortened version of what they used to be called...Doubletree RV.

Terry