Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Converted W/D area to linen clothes closet

At this point we really do not need a Washer / Dryer is our 2016 38RSSA. So--- we converted the washer dryer area to a linen closet for all of our towels and baskets for dirty clothes. Worked out pretty good. Even left an access for the washer hookup. Just added a towel bar in the middle. Never enough room for towels.

Tried to put this in the 38RSSA talk area but created a separate post instead. Oh well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet mods.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	2412  

DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #2

Model: 38RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #3539
In our 2016 38 RSB3, the DW has taken over the entire front wardrobe so all I have is the washer/dryer closet for my clothes. I actually only get about a third of the closet since other stuff is stored in there too. LOL
Lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #3

Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
I can definitely relate to that. Closet space for the guys is at a premium. Good luck with that.

Enjoy

Don
DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #4

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonandPatti View Post
I can definitely relate to that. Closet space for the guys is at a premium. Good luck with that.

Enjoy

Don
I know nothing about a closet!!!
Old 07-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #5

Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I know nothing about a closet!!!
You guys should make a rule like I have. When something is bought to go into the closet, something has to come out. This seems to work well in our Suite, she gets something for herself and it replaces something of mine. I may need to modify the rule!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #6

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinkr View Post
You guys should make a rule like I have. When something is bought to go into the closet, something has to come out. This seems to work well in our Suite, she gets something for herself and it replaces something of mine. I may need to modify the rule!
That rule has been standing for years and is always promised to be adhered to when looking at new clothes. Just does not seem to be carried out!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:31 AM   #7

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardinkr View Post
That reminds me, the wife mentioned that she needs to go shopping tomorrow. I wonder how much more space I will lose?

She already has nearly every drawer and cabinet in the rear bedroom of our Atlanta. I must confess, she did allow me to utilize ONE of the drawers for tools, screws and such. ha

Joe
Old 07-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #8

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Been busy and away from the forums lately, but it sounds like you all have a need to replace your wives, or at least, reeducate them. After all, mine still allows me about half of the closet in our 2010.

Terry
Old 07-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #9

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry and Jo View Post
Been busy and away from the forums lately, but it sounds like you all have a need to replace your wives, or at least, reeducate them. After all, mine still allows me about half of the closet in our 2010.

Terry
Yea but she has the living area pretty well "sewn up" !
Old 08-02-2016, 01:56 AM   #10

THOR #4935
About eight years ago when looking at a Travel Supreme my wife opens up the door and looks at the W/D. She then said "what a waste of space"! You could hear my jaw hit the floor! lol I said fine, you can go to the laundromat without me!
Old 08-13-2016, 02:37 PM   #11

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry and Jo View Post

Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Yea but she has the living area pretty well "sewn up" !
True, Cummins. Sorry to reply so late, but our gig in Oregon is busy enough that I don't get on the forums much.

Here is what Cummins is referring to with regards to our living area being 'sewn up.'

It has changed a bit though. The machine at which she is sitting has been replaced with a newer, better one, that even does embroidery on caps.

Terry
Old 08-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #12

THOR #1661
Yes that ^^^^^^ was my mental image! My wife is the same only with making Jewelry.