Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #21

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
I'm using this regulator and disappointed with the reduced flow.

The park we were at last week had 60 psi and it was consistent. That's enough pressure to make the the toilet kind of 'pop' when first stepping on the pedal, and the it makes the flush noisier (wakes my wife).

I put my regulator on which is set to 55psi and the shower flow was difference was quite noticeable as were all the other faucets, drink water tap etc.
Your regulator (the 2nd picture) is faulty or something else messed up, shouldn't notice the difference between 55 & 60 psi in your shower.

Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
riskmgr said "A smaller line will produce more pressure from the input line".

Please explain your theory on that seeing as how the water pump or city pressure will actually set the actual pressure.

Reminds me of an old plumber I met years ago. When questioned as to why he ran a 1/2" line to feed the 3rd floor of a building Stated the same idea. Problem is it is a false thought and there was a very limited flow of water going that distance. Could not refill the toilet and fill a water glass at same time. Cost him lots of $$ to replace as it should have been in first place. That's why buildings over a certain height have to add booster pumps to get water to upper floors.

Bill
I’m not talking about going vertical to another floor but if you decrease inside diameter of pipe, the pressure will increase in the smaller pipe but not when it leaves if it goes into bigger pipe. That’s based on aircraft Hydraulics when I was a mechanic during Vietnam era.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 PM   #23

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Yea, but it only lasts to the point of expansion. And the volume falls drastically.
Kind of like saying that if you put in smaller wire, and do not decrease the load, the voltage will increase. It may seem like it until the smoke clears but it ain't so.

Bill