Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2015, 01:13 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
Dometic heat/AC zone question

In our 2016 MS we have two ACs with zone one having a heat pump and controlled with the Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat. My question has to do with the furnace.
We didn't chose the option for the second furnace but somehow I thought that the one furnace could be controlled from the zone 2 thermostat if desired. When I scan through the zone 2 modes, all I see is control over the zone 2 AC. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:52 AM   #2

Model: 38RSB3
State: British Columbia
THOR #2087
In our unit Zone 1 is the lower level, which controls the main furnace. Zone 2 is for the bedroom, which controls the second furnace. It seems logical that if Zone 2 is not equipped with a furnace, then that function will not be available. A single furnace can only be controlled by one thermostat. Does this make sense? ��
2015 DRV MS 38RSB3 #7272
MORryde IS, MORryde pinbox, Curt 24K hitch
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #3

Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camr View Post
In our unit Zone 1 is the lower level, which controls the main furnace. Zone 2 is for the bedroom, which controls the second furnace. It seems logical that if Zone 2 is not equipped with a furnace, then that function will not be available. A single furnace can only be controlled by one thermostat. Does this make sense? ��
I understand what you are saying, but with a single furnace the heat in the lower level and bedroom come from the one same source. The way I see it, we have one thermostat with two temperature probes and I should be able to select which zone controls the furnace.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #4

Model: 38RSB3
State: British Columbia
THOR #2087
I understand your logic. If you or I were designing the system, we would make this choice available. But I believe that the thermostat is capable of controlling only one HP or furnace per zone. And each furnace and HP is capable of being controlled by one zone of the thermostat. Think of it as two separate thermostats in one case.
2015 DRV MS 38RSB3 #7272
MORryde IS, MORryde pinbox, Curt 24K hitch
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #5

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
If you have 1 furnace it is controlled on zone 1 and all of the floor duct work is tied together. 2 furnaces, 2 zones and seperate duct work. They are both under your bedroom area and sound like jet engines running anyway. That's why we use the fireplace and a small elect. heater. And Texas. Blessed silence!

Bill