Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Dometic/Sealand 320 Tech Tip

After 3 years of fulltiming my toilet ball would not snap back to fully closed position. Seal looked fine and could not see what would cause the problem. I even installed a new seal.

I called Sealand Tech and they had no advice other than to see if the pivot arm was seated into the left side below the ball. It was found to be intact. Other than that they said it was a non repairable toilet and would have to buy a new one! I did not like that option!

You could rotate the ball towards the wall about 1/2" to it's stopping point easily by hand so I knew it was not binding.

I thought maybe the spring inside the foot pedal was broken. With my phone I took a pic after removing the cap on the side of the pedal to see it was a slot-1/4" hex nut. So i removed the pedal to see that the spring was fine but did notice the screw came out easily.

Bottom line the screw had came loose over time and was not allowing the ball to "SNAP" fully to the closed position.

A 1/4" x 1/4" drive socket with short extension and ratchet is a good way to start to tighten. Depending on how close your toilet is to the right side wall.

So tighten and be happy!