Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2022, 12:44 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
Posts: 308
THOR #5859
Now it's done. I sent the suggested faucet back to Amazon and ordered the suggested head. Perfect replacement. $26. Thank you all for your help.

__________________
George
Yankton, SD for the summer
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:13 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,759
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Now it's done. I sent the suggested faucet back to Amazon and ordered the suggested head. Perfect replacement. $26. Thank you all for your help.
You don't know what you are missing.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:09 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 2,213
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Now it's done. I sent the suggested faucet back to Amazon and ordered the suggested head. Perfect replacement. $26. Thank you all for your help.
Glad to help.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:03 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 510
THOR #9431
My kitchen sink faucet would not rotate once the water flowing was hot.
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

I replaced it with a nice Moen form Costco.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,759
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
My kitchen sink faucet would not rotate once the water flowing was hot.
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

I replaced it with a nice Moen form Costco.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.
I would return it to Costco and get the Kohler like I have, very happy with it.

Kohler R23089-SD-2BZ Brynn Kitchen Faucet with 2 Function Pull Down Sprayer and Soap Dispenser, Oil-Rubbed Bronze
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:33 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 2,213
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
My kitchen sink faucet would not rotate once the water flowing was hot.
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

I replaced it with a nice Moen form Costco.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.
You would have thought that touch less would have been BIG and BOLD on the packaging.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:27 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 510
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
You would have thought that touch less would have been BIG and BOLD on the packaging.
Well - it wasn't and I didn't see it until I got home.

Didn't think much about it and considered swapping out the house faucet but thought having it in the RV would be ok.

Nowhere on the box, BIG and BOLD or otherwise did it mention the faucet would not operate at all without the batteries.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
Posts: 1,653
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
My kitchen sink faucet would not rotate once the water flowing was hot.
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

I replaced it with a nice Moen form Costco.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.
Turn the pump off & then it won't run water if faucet does magically come on while traveling.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Sold '13 Thor Redwood 36 FB
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently RV & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:25 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 510
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Turn the pump off & then it won't run water if faucet does magically come on while traveling.
What a great idea - thanks!
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:48 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,759
THOR #1661
I like my idea MUCH more take it back to Costco and buy what you actually want/need.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:09 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 510
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I like my idea MUCH more take it back to Costco and buy what you actually want/need.
Well past that stage. I had the faucet 5 months before installing it and recycling the box and unfortunately for us the nearest Costo is only 95 miles away. Since moving we only stop there when traveling through the area.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,759
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
Well past that stage. I had the faucet 5 months before installing it and recycling the box and unfortunately for us the nearest Costo is only 95 miles away. Since moving we only stop there when traveling through the area.

NEVER too late with COSTCO.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:38 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 510
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
NEVER too late with COSTCO.
I have considered trying online for a return. The store is just too far at 95 miles.
__________________
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,759
THOR #1661
Buy what you want then next time you are near a COSTCO return it. Time does not matter.
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2