Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2022, 12:44 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
THOR #5859
Now it's done. I sent the suggested faucet back to Amazon and ordered the suggested head. Perfect replacement. $26. Thank you all for your help.

2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:13 AM   #22

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Now it's done. I sent the suggested faucet back to Amazon and ordered the suggested head. Perfect replacement. $26. Thank you all for your help.
You don't know what you are missing.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:09 AM   #23

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Glad to help.
Old 07-23-2022, 12:03 AM   #24

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
My kitchen sink faucet would not rotate once the water flowing was hot.
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

I replaced it with a nice Moen form Costco.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #25

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
DRV offered to reimburse me for a new faucet since they no longer carried the brushed nickel.

What I didn't realize when I bought it was that it was a 'touchless' faucet. Nice feature but we seem to always be turning the water on. On one recent prep for a 'boondock' trip I maxed out the water tank and max drained the grey and black. When we got to our first no hookup overnight 230 miles away we had an almost full grey tank and only 30-40 gallons of fresh water!

Best I can figure is driving down the road the shadows being cast over the sensor was turning the faucet on which would then time out after about 5 minutes (we don't always remember to turn off the water). Odd thing about this faucet, if I remove the batteries it does not function at all.
I would return it to Costco and get the Kohler like I have, very happy with it.

Kohler R23089-SD-2BZ Brynn Kitchen Faucet with 2 Function Pull Down Sprayer and Soap Dispenser, Oil-Rubbed Bronze
Old 07-24-2022, 09:33 PM   #26

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:

You would have thought that touch less would have been BIG and BOLD on the packaging.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:27 PM   #27

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
You would have thought that touch less would have been BIG and BOLD on the packaging.
Well - it wasn't and I didn't see it until I got home.

Didn't think much about it and considered swapping out the house faucet but thought having it in the RV would be ok.

Nowhere on the box, BIG and BOLD or otherwise did it mention the faucet would not operate at all without the batteries.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 08-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #28

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:

Turn the pump off & then it won't run water if faucet does magically come on while traveling.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:25 PM   #29

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Turn the pump off & then it won't run water if faucet does magically come on while traveling.
What a great idea - thanks!

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 08-01-2022, 07:48 PM   #30

THOR #1661
I like my idea MUCH more take it back to Costco and buy what you actually want/need.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:09 PM   #31

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I like my idea MUCH more take it back to Costco and buy what you actually want/need.
Well past that stage. I had the faucet 5 months before installing it and recycling the box and unfortunately for us the nearest Costo is only 95 miles away. Since moving we only stop there when traveling through the area.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 08-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #32

THOR #1661
Quote:
Well past that stage. I had the faucet 5 months before installing it and recycling the box and unfortunately for us the nearest Costo is only 95 miles away. Since moving we only stop there when traveling through the area.

NEVER too late with COSTCO.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:38 PM   #33

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
NEVER too late with COSTCO.
I have considered trying online for a return. The store is just too far at 95 miles.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #34

THOR #1661
Buy what you want then next time you are near a COSTCO return it. Time does not matter.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:15 AM   #35

THOR #9431
So, I dug out the instructions and low and behold there is a way to turn off the hands free feature.
Wave your hand in front of the sensor and move the lever from hot to cold three times.

Although this still requires functional batteries.

Quote: