Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #3648
2017 36RSSB3 and cat

Anyone have cat if so where do you keep the litter box?

Old 05-08-2016, 05:27 AM   #2

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray & Cece View Post
Anyone have cat if so where do you keep the litter box?
I have 2 boys that I travel with. I deleted the fireplace and had them put in doors to cover the hole, with no center style and full back cabnet. I also ordered the right door to have no center insert. I then installed a sliding shelf n that cavity. With some HEAVY duty slides. Let me know if you want pics of it. I thought about this for years and read up everything on the topic. Most people seem to put them in the shower or bathroom. My boys are about 36 inches long and 20ish pounds, large cats. So I have had there boxes made from large storage containers and I custom cut a hole in it for them to get in and out of. Hope this helps. Shocked that DRV does not offer this the cat box option. As many of us travel with our furry friends.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
We travel with our cat, his litter pan is in the bathroom closet where the washer/dryer would go if we had one. We are not full timers so we can "get away" with the pan in the closet. We actually lined the closet with plastic sheet material we bought at Menards, used adhesive to keep it in place since we ran the plastic up the wall about 12" just to be on the safe side.

Dan
Old 05-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #4
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Our setup is quite different from yours...
We place KC's litter box in the shower...have one of the boxes with high sides and a cutout in the front for easy access.
When we are in for the remainder of the night, Ron built a cover for our interior steps...the box goes there...to allow for easy showering in the morning.

We all do what we gotta do to take care of our feline buddies !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote