Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #61

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Hopefully once they get settled in to repair facility things will improve.As to paint, I wonder why they don't take coach back to where it was painted in the 1st place?
They claim that Precision (IIRC) who does their production paint jobs isn't interested in handling repair jobs.

Rusty

Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #62

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Hopefully once they get settled in to repair facility things will improve.As to paint, I wonder why they don't take coach back to where it was painted in the 1st place?

They are production painters. Bottom line everyone in that area are too busy to do QUALITY work and are just chasing their tail!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #63

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
That is very disappointing. Like someone else has mentioned, I'm also curious how much of this has started since Thor took over. It seems like prior to the acquisition, customers were relatively happy with customer service and didn't seem to have as many problems.

When our lower cap was falling off due to manufacturer mistakes, it took DRV almost three months to send the replacement cap to Sunshine. They did a good job replacing it quickly, and luckily the paint shop they used did a really good job.

I suspect Augusta RV is probably going to get more interest in the LUXE with what is happening to DRV customers.

Yes I did see Dan's RV at Classic paint and it literally made me sick feeling to my stomach!!! We had a few conversations and I sent Dan several pics so he could see what was going on.

Dan I hope you don't mind me posting a pic of your rig.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #64

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Nope, not at all Ron. This is what Classic calls "a great job"! It made me AND my wife sick to our stomachs looking at Ron's pics!!

Dan
Old 09-16-2016, 02:46 PM   #65

THOR #1661
My rig came out of Classic looking like %@#^*$!

He stuck two kids on it to get it clean for us. He showed them how and what HE did looked great. We went to breakfast came back and it looked BAD. Talked to the owner and asked if HE would help them get it done??? No I have to get this boat done. This was after being there for a week and the work was supposed to take two days. So we just left. Mentioned all this to ED and asked for somewhere we could talk it to get it looking good as it should have been and it went on deaf ears!

DON'T waste your time going to the FACTORY or Classic find someone to do the work elsewhere!

Last pic was just a screw up not getting the lines aligned. It all just went from bad to worse!

Old 09-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #66

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
I'll just say that our daughter and son-in-law's Mobile Suites came out of Classic with fisheyes, sags, runs, you-name-it. They were referred to Classic by DRV, but DRV refused to get involved with the defective work of their sub-contractor (yes, sub-contractor because they were going to pay for the paint work on their DRV work order/invoice).

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #67

Model: 38RSSA
THOR #5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
They claim that Precision (IIRC) who does their production paint jobs isn't interested in handling repair jobs.
Not that it matters, but ours was done by Carrera Custom Painting.
azjeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:08 PM   #68

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Maybe DRV finally got fed up with the complaints. Our 2016 was also painted by Carrera and is beautiful. One small spot of over spray on a rim which took me about 5 minutes to remove.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #69

THOR #1661
Careers paints them but they do not do warranty work. THAT is where the problems start!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #70

THOR #5464
You lost me Cummins. I thought the complaint was about Precision or Classic and their quality. Who is Careers.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #71

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee View Post
You lost me Cummins. I thought the complaint was about Precision or Classic and their quality. Who is Careers.

OPPS, I was just stating "CARRERA" does the paint jobs not the warranty work. My auto correct got the best of me!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #72

THOR #5464
Auto correct nails me several times a week!
Old 09-23-2016, 03:21 AM   #73

Model: Dallas
State: Wisconsin
THOR #2170
Paintwork

I needed to go in for work but their schedule didn't fit. Where I'm going will have the trailer for 10 days.....we full-time so this is not fun. But after hearing the comments here the painters would have been unhappy with me. It's not above me to get in their face. It concerns me as to the future of DRV. They'd better get their act together or a lot of return customers won't return. I hope thor didn't pay much for the good name/rep because they're not attempting to maintain it. I had looked at New Horizons when shopping........luckily my 2014 was made before the takeover. I wish you guys a lot of luck and will be waiting to hear more about DRV.