Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #41

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
I'm not so sure it's just a "DRV" thing. When we wanted to get in to MorRyde for our risers (after being jerked around for a couple of months by DRV's "painter") MorRyde was booked pretty solid for the next bunch of weeks. We were "forced" to take a July date as that was the earliest we could get in.

When we were having an issue a few weeks ago with the front landing gear, which BTW was easily remedied by adding some fluid to the reservoir, Lippert too (if I needed service) were "extremely" booked according to Lippert's customer service guy.

I just talked to a guy from a local RV repair shop last week, they're going "nuts" according to him, more work than they know what to do with! They work on all sorts of RV's, MH's, fifth wheels, travel trailers and even pop-ups. RV'ing must really be taking off all around the country.

Just my observation tho.....

Dan

Old 09-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #42

Model: 40 KSSB4
State: Illinois
THOR #1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
I just talked to a guy from a local RV repair shop last week, they're going "nuts" according to him, more work than they know what to do with! They work on all sorts of RV's, MH's, fifth wheels, travel trailers and even pop-ups. RV'ing must really be taking off all around the country.

Just my observation tho.....

Dan
Also DRV could handle only two maybe three trailers a day, and they wanted your trailer for a couple of days. Now with the new service center that might change.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #43

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
When we were in Howe doing the factory tour a couple of weeks ago, we were told that it would take them awhile to ramp up the new service facility to full capacity as they were in the midst of hiring and training new personnel, adding new equipment for the additional bays, etc.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #44

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
FYI the guys working on the RV's in the service bays make less money than the production guys per hour.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #45

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
"Training new personnel"

That made me laugh. Must be corporate policy, vacation schedules, and sexual harassment training; then out the door to start working carelessly on rigs. I guess I could see them also explaining the incentive program to find any place to cut corners to increase profit margins, but that probably falls into the corporate policy portion of their classes.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Longbed. Cummins, Aisin, 4.10
JBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #46

THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
"Training new personnel"

That made me laugh. Must be corporate policy, vacation schedules, and sexual harassment training; then out the door to start working carelessly on rigs. I guess I could see them also explaining the incentive program to find any place to cut corners to increase profit margins, but that probably falls into the corporate policy portion of their classes.
I just posted what I was told. Personally, I was disappointed that they didn't indicate that they were moving some of the better production personnel into service and backfilling those positions, but it's not my sandbox, so I don't make the decisions.

Rusty
Old 09-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #47

THOR #2094
Sorry for the way that came out, I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing at DRV and the phenomenal work they do with all this "training."

Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #48

THOR #1661
The Techs are under the gun to get your rig done and out the door. Some of my so called repairs are an example of that!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:46 AM   #49

THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The Techs are under the gun to get your rig done and out the door. Some of my so called repairs are an example of that!!!
It must have been pretty bad. This is the first time I've ever seen anything negative from you regarding these rigs.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:00 PM   #50

THOR #1661
Quote:
It must have been pretty bad. This is the first time I've ever seen anything negative from you regarding these rigs.

I held back for ONE reason to get my rig repaired. I don't believe in "bashing" until I give them a chance to fix my issues. I fully expected NO issues at all.

NOT the case. Ed Fry is the master of NO! Would you accept your pantry to be so far out of square? He said "I have seen worse in million dollar homes". Several things did not get repaired he just told the Tech NO but did not even discuss with us. We found out at the end that he would not allow the repairs. The place we were sent for paint issues turned into a fiasco Classic Body & Paint, ask Dapper Dan is thoughts of them and DRV.

I told them I was a picky person right from the time of order and told of my construction history so I know what quality is and should be. That went on deaf ears. I had a HUGE list and they blocked out a full week for repairs then paint. Our tech only worked thru thursday and the other guy sorta finished up on friday. He is not nearly as good. Best guy there is Fred if anyone is going there ask for him. BUT his hands are tied.

Looking back I should have gone to RollingRetreats to have my warranty work done.

Side of pantry is 5/8" out of parallel to the floor in the pantry depth of about 12".

Old 09-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #51

THOR #2094
That's ridiculous.

"I've seen worse in million dollar homes." So basically this says to me he doesn't care about the quality of his work because someone else doesn't care about theirs. Pathetic.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #52

THOR #2754
You haven't met Ed Fry, have you??

Rusty
Old 09-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #53

THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
You haven't met Ed Fry, have you??

Rusty
I have not.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #54

THOR #1661
Quote:
I have not.
Don't bother!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #55

THOR #2094
Quote:
Don't bother!
He doesn't sound like the type of individual I would care to associate with.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #56

Model: 38RSSA
THOR #3221
We've been to DRV 3 times for (mostly) "small" issues. Our first two visits were actually not bad and our experience with Ed Fry was pretty decent. The third and most recent (April) was not good at all. We had a serious paint issue that was "discovered" at our second visit to DRV in November of 2015. At that time Mr. Fry said they would stand behind their work and fix and restore our unit to the way it should've been when delivered to us. Our unit was sent to Classic Paint where it sat, supposedly being "re-painted" and "fixed" for two months!! Cummins was actually at Classic while our unit was being "fixed". It was a travesty what was done to our unit!! Cummins can more than attest to that!! We were just sick when we saw pics of it. It was somewhat re-done but FAR from "new condition"! It was re-worked by Classic per Ed Fry's request. Are we happy with the way it turned out? NO, it's NOT the way it should be but it's waaaay better than it was when Cummins saw it. I would NEVER take ANYTHING to Classic for paint!! The guy may be good at painting but his prep work leaves something to be desired (stating this mildly).

We dropped off our unit at DRV April 6th and it was delivered to us via a transporter from DRV July 4th. It never should've take so long but that was the way it went. This is the condensed, polite version of our experience and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Dan
Old 09-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #57

Model: 36RSSB3
THOR #88
I wonder if this has something to do with Thor's influence sliding into DRV management. We thought we were going to have to try and take our unit back to DRV for a couple of warranty issues since I do not trust our dealers service department. I had our Mobile RV tech come by earlier this week and he feels like he can make the repairs. Greg Walden gave us the okay to have him do it so we will go that route. Especially now after reading about the poor reports coming from the DRV repair facility.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:23 AM   #58

Model: 40 KSSB4
State: Illinois
THOR #1717
Quote:

Cummins please tell me you didn't use floor tile as way to square a "wall", please tell me you used a carpenters square or a reference point to make sure you had a point that was square.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:14 AM   #59

Model: 36rssb
THOR #3288
Hopefully once they get settled in to repair facility things will improve.As to paint, I wonder why they don't take coach back to where it was painted in the 1st place?
Old 09-15-2016, 04:47 AM   #60

THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
We've been to DRV 3 times for (mostly) "small" issues. Our first two visits were actually not bad and our experience with Ed Fry was pretty decent. The third and most recent (April) was not good at all. We had a serious paint issue that was "discovered" at our second visit to DRV in November of 2015. At that time Mr. Fry said they would stand behind their work and fix and restore our unit to the way it should've been when delivered to us. Our unit was sent to Classic Paint where it sat, supposedly being "re-painted" and "fixed" for two months!! Cummins was actually at Classic while our unit was being "fixed". It was a travesty what was done to our unit!! Cummins can more than attest to that!! We were just sick when we saw pics of it. It was somewhat re-done but FAR from "new condition"! It was re-worked by Classic per Ed Fry's request. Are we happy with the way it turned out? NO, it's NOT the way it should be but it's waaaay better than it was when Cummins saw it. I would NEVER take ANYTHING to Classic for paint!! The guy may be good at painting but his prep work leaves something to be desired (stating this mildly).

We dropped off our unit at DRV April 6th and it was delivered to us via a transporter from DRV July 4th. It never should've take so long but that was the way it went. This is the condensed, polite version of our experience and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Dan
That is very disappointing. Like someone else has mentioned, I'm also curious how much of this has started since Thor took over. It seems like prior to the acquisition, customers were relatively happy with customer service and didn't seem to have as many problems.

When our lower cap was falling off due to manufacturer mistakes, it took DRV almost three months to send the replacement cap to Sunshine. They did a good job replacing it quickly, and luckily the paint shop they used did a really good job.

I suspect Augusta RV is probably going to get more interest in the LUXE with what is happening to DRV customers.