Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2018, 07:31 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The waste valve was acting up and they said use some veggie oil so as soon as I left the factory I tried the oil but the valve would not fully close no way no how. So I had to buy a T valve to fit the sewer outlet to get home. I pulled it apart and replaced the valve with the long cable. So far no issues with the 1.5" valve.
Thanks, ordered a T valve to install on the Black side.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #22

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
I mentioned my grey valve threaded portion broke a few days ago. Thought i was going to need to replace the whole thing. I was able to back off the nut on the back side of the panel so I had enough threads sticking into compartment to tighten up the nut inside the compartment. YeeHaw don't need to tear things apart. Pics tell the story.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #23

Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I will do so! Yes the plastic back panel is very flexible. Yes mine has never been easy but it has always sealed closed.
When we tried out the rig this past week, we found that the grey side was extremely hard to open and close. Looks like I will crawl under the rig and remove the plastic pan that hides the two units and see what the problem is. Guessing I will need to replace the grey, as the black valve works as it should. I hate these cable ones. The others were so much easier to open/close and replace! Ugh!
Will post photos if possible on the repair!
Old 05-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
With a screen name of "juicesqueezer", and the fact that we're talking about dump valves: I hope you know the jokes that I'm trying really hard; to hold back...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #25

Model: 39RESB3
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
With a screen name of "juicesqueezer", and the fact that we're talking about dump valves: I hope you know the jokes that I'm trying really hard; to hold back...
Don't go there Bob, don't go there!
Old 11-17-2020, 03:43 AM   #26

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Alabama
THOR #20803
Can you just replace the handle? On out 2017 Axis on the trip this weekend the "first" valve handle broke, the plastic cracked/broke off. It's the first handle, on the PAX side that you pull first.... The other valve handle is fine in the compartment on the DRV side....
Toad-undecided
Thor 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #27

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 25 View Post
Can you just replace the handle? On out 2017 Axis on the trip this weekend the "first" valve handle broke, the plastic cracked/broke off. It's the first handle, on the PAX side that you pull first.... The other valve handle is fine in the compartment on the DRV side....
The handle it’s self should be able to be replaced, at least on a DRV. As there is a screw holding it on. Not sure about other manufactures as this is the DRV section.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:28 AM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I am going to replace my gray and black dumps valves. What size valaves do I need to get? I think both are three inch ones but I want to confirm this. I have a 2016 MS.
Thanks
black is 3". Gray and galley are 1 1/4". Gray and Gally eventually turn to 3" so you can Y connect them for dumping.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:33 AM   #29

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Grey is 1 1/2"...not 1 1/4" on all DRV's and every other make I've ever seen. Black is 3"

Bill
Old 11-18-2020, 12:38 AM   #30

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Grey is 1 1/2"...not 1 1/4" on all DRV's and every other make I've ever seen. Black is 3"

Bill
my bad fat fingers.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:05 AM   #31

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
black is 3". Gray and galley are 1 1/4". Gray and Gally eventually turn to 3" so you can Y connect them for dumping.
Thanks but I replaced them over 3 years ago. And the gray was 1 1/2”.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:06 AM   #32

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post

Bill
Bill, his Sprinter must be 1 1/4”.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:48 AM   #33

Model: AXIS 25.3
State: California
THOR #20631
I read a recommendation on another thread that the passenger side black valve should be pulled 2nd so that the full pressure of the stuff rushing down the cross tube doesn't hit a closed valve. I have yet to try it because I just found about that 2nd valve right before I took it back to the dealer for a few fixes (including a sewer connection repair).

We just picked up our 2018 25.3 last month and have only been on a shakedown cruise locally to make the final punchlist for the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 25 View Post
. . . On out 2017 Axis on the trip this weekend the "first" valve handle broke, the plastic cracked/broke off. It's the first handle, on the PAX side that you pull first.... The other valve handle is fine in the compartment on the DRV side....
Wandering Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #34

THOR #1658
99% of DRVs are not set up that way. But I hope it works out for you and you should share this in the proper section of the forum.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:09 PM   #35

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Correct=You don't go to Ford to ask about your Dodge. No one knows (or cares)

Bill
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #36

THOR #20631
Rynosback and Porkchop. Thanks for the warm welcome. I was just trying to help a fellow Axis owner (and possibly others) who commented on an apparently hoity toity DRV thread. I guess non-DRV owners aren't supposed to read DRV threads and provide comments.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #37

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Woods View Post
Rynosback and Porkchop. Thanks for the warm welcome. I was just trying to help a fellow Axis owner (and possibly others) who commented on an apparently hoity toity DRV thread. I guess non-DRV owners aren't supposed to read DRV threads and provide comments.
Don't fret about the DRV folks remarks!
Any/all post WILL show up in the "recent discussions" column on the right side of the home page so any/all can respond with comments to any make or model of Thor RVs.
If DRV owners don't want to see or read responses from non DRV owners they should log onto a DRV exclusive forum!
Have you DRV owners ever noticed what rv is pictured on the home page? One hint, it's not a DRV......
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #38

THOR #1658
I felt that I was kind and not short with you at all. Believe me if I’m short with you, there will be no doubt about it. Do you comment on Chevy forums about Fords? It’s all about being on point/topic of the thread. There is a reason why there are many sections of this forum. You must just search under what posts and threads are new. If you do that, I encourage you to look at the top and see where you are posting. You are not the first to do this and will not be the last. And I’m so sorry that you think of your rig as less then ours. Our rig is much bigger then yours and has higher end parts then yours, but we also pay a lot more for our rigs then yours. So I guess anytime anyone’s rig costs more then yours you call them “hoity toity”. Get to know the people not what they own. Safe travels
Old 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #39

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Don't fret about the DRV folks remarks!
Any/all post WILL show up in the "recent discussions" column on the right side of the home page so any/all can respond with comments to any make or model of Thor RVs.
If DRV owners don't want to see or read responses from non DRV owners they should log onto a DRV exclusive forum!
Have you DRV owners ever noticed what rv is pictured on the home page? One hint, it's not a DRV......
Because Thor owns ALOT of different manufactures is why a DRV may not be pictured on the home page. I have no problems with anyone responding. But be on point is the point. You could start off by saying I do not have a DRV, but this is how it works on my ......, insert your model. I have posted off the DRV section, but I make sure I’m on point.
This thread was bumped after years of no comments by Thor 25. Good for him for looking for an answer. He asked a question and I answered it. Straight to the point and even stated that this is how it works on my DRV. As he does not own a DRV.
What would you think if I posted on every thread on the forum just saying that the sky is blue? Again the point is to be on point.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #40

THOR #20631
Sorry I took the thread way off topic. I saw a potential problem in Thor 25's response. I had 3 options:
1. Do nothing and not warn someone about a potential problem.
2. PM Thor 25 which would only help him.
3. Reply and potentially help others as well.

I chose #3.

Yes I wouldn't ask a Ford dealer to solve a Dodge problem. But a GMC dealer might be able to fix a Chevy. This is more like a GM forum since we are all in the Thor family.

Safe travels to you as well and maybe we'll meet at a campground one day.

Tags
dump valve, tank valve