Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2020, 09:09 PM   #41

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
My point being regardless of the sub section you may have posted in it WILL show up in the "recent discussions" section leaving it open for discussion by ALL on this forum. So informing others to post in the appropriate sub section is inappropriate as they may have posted &/or responded to the topic in the proper the section. It may also be that a DRV owner may have responded to a post that wasn't in the DRV sub section from the recent discussions.
When I log in I do not look under any specific sub section rather the recent discussions so my response will also show up in the recent section.
Most RVs regardless of make, model, manufacturer or price all are built relatively the same with the same appliances, fixtures, same vendors & built in the same geographic area of the country by the same group of folks, so a question asked by any rv owner in any forum could be answered with an accurate answer about any rv. The biggest difference between any rv is whether it's driven or towed.

Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #42

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
My point being regardless of the sub section you may have posted in it WILL show up in the "recent discussions" section leaving it open for discussion by ALL on this forum. So informing others to post in the appropriate sub section is inappropriate as they may have posted &/or responded to the topic in the proper the section. It may also be that a DRV owner may have responded to a post that wasn't in the DRV sub section from the recent discussions.
When I log in I do not look under any specific sub section rather the recent discussions so my response will also show up in the recent section.
Most RVs regardless of make, model, manufacturer or price all are built relatively the same with the same appliances, fixtures, same vendors & built in the same geographic area of the country by the same group of folks, so a question asked by any rv owner in any forum could be answered with an accurate answer about any rv. The biggest difference between any rv is whether it's driven or towed.
If you read my post, that was my point. People are just clicking on new posts/threads and not looking at what section they are posting in. So the information may be accurate with their rig but not a DRV, which is where the post is posted in, the DRV section. Again that is the whole point, being on point.
This Axis owner posted in this thread. This is what he said and how I reacted to him.
“Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 25
Can you just replace the handle? On out 2017 Axis on the trip this weekend the "first" valve handle broke, the plastic cracked/broke off. It's the first handle, on the PAX side that you pull first.... The other valve handle is fine in the compartment on the DRV side....
The handle it’s self should be able to be replaced, at least on a DRV. As there is a screw holding it on. Not sure about other manufactures as this is the DRV section.”

“Most RVs regardless of make, model, manufacturer or price all are built relatively the same” If you mean they all have metal frames, wheels, walls and roofs and even some of the same appliances. Sure, but how the systems are installed and supplied and how the systems are wired or plumed could be different. Maybe you should tell Newmar, Spacecraft and New Horizons that they are built the same way and that there owners should just buy a Winnebago and save a TON of $$. In general the quality of materials in high end rigs are much better and fit and finish is better. Why did you buy a Redwood over a Bighorn? You could have saved close to 50% as there all the same, right?
I have no issue with anyone contributing to any thread as long as they are on point or even preface it but saying that is how it woks on my ...... rig. Just how I responded to the post example above.
Do you know why there are so many sections on the forum instead of just one general forum? I suspect it is to keep posts, information about specific rigs all together so it is easy to find. I might be wrong, but that is what makes sense to me from an organization point of view. I’m sorry that the DRV section is the youngest on the forum and most active. As it comes up on everyone’s what’s new on the forum button. Sucks to be active I guess.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #43
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
The Thor Forums are an open forum and any member can post to any thread they desire. The DRV section is not and will not be limited to owners of a particular brand of fifth wheel.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #44

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The Thor Forums are an open forum and any member can post to any thread they desire. The DRV section is not and will not be limited to owners of a particular;afr brand of fifth wheel.
Never said it was not. Not sure how many times I need to state it. Maybe I should use Google translator to translate in every language.
The point is to stay on point. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. Maybe I’ll just start posting in every thread, hey, the skies are blue. As being on point does not matter to what is obvious in an open forum. So when you see me post this remember to smile.

I just bumped some threads with that. Let’s see what the comments are. I only posted in a couple of threads as I did not want to spam the board to prove a point.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #45

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The Thor Forums are an open forum and any member can post to any thread they desire. The DRV section is not and will not be limited to owners of a particular brand of fifth wheel.
No one has asked it to be but keeping post's relevant to the topic and the RV being talked about IS IMPORTANT.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #46

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Alabama
THOR #20803
Thanks. Now that yanks are empty and flushed I’ll pursue getting this handle replaced. Sorry I was in the “wrong” thread.
Toad-undecided
Thor 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #47

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
THERE IS A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. Every body [dtv owners) just go back to where it all started for us. SOITC. That's where we all were prior to someone convincing this was a better place, more tolerant and monitored by Thor. All of that has been proven to be untrue. That's where I'll be.

Bill
Old 11-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #48

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
THERE IS A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. Every body [dtv owners) just go back to where it all started for us. SOITC. That's where we all were prior to someone convincing this was a better place, more tolerant and monitored by Thor. All of that has been proven to be untrue. That's where I'll be.

Bill
Have fun over there Bill. I have not been on there for years and have no plan to go back. I felt that it was poorly ran. Don’t let a few people make you go.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #49

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor 25 View Post
Thanks. Now that yanks are empty and flushed I’ll pursue getting this handle replaced. Sorry I was in the “wrong” thread.
Honestly, it was not you. I hope that you get it all fixed back up. Safe travels.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #50

THOR #2053
You really think this is better run? Really?

I have always checked in there occasionally and it's really slow there now. But I intend to try and help with that. Good luck in your choice.

Bill
Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 PM   #51

THOR #1658
Quote:
You really think this is better run? Really?

I have always checked in there occasionally and it's really slow there now. But I intend to try and help with that. Good luck in your choice.

Bill
Best of luck with your choice also.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:22 PM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Never said it was not. Not sure how many times I need to state it. Maybe I should use Google translator to translate in every language.
The point is to stay on point. Not sure why that is so hard to understand. Maybe I’ll just start posting in every thread, hey, the skies are blue. As being on point does not matter to what is obvious in an open forum. So when you see me post this remember to smile.

I just bumped some threads with that. Let’s see what the comments are. I only posted in a couple of threads as I did not want to spam the board to prove a point.

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #53

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Calling someone out for being off point has nothing to do about love or my heart.
Looks like just another bump for your post count.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #54

THOR #2053
Oh my God!! You're not being sweet, kind, reverent, rear end kissing, showing respect for others!! You may get your post removed and receive a "Warning" Hopefully you did not question or disagree with any moderator! YEMV depending on your political leanings

Bill
Old 11-22-2020, 09:35 PM   #55
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Huh?
Old 11-26-2020, 03:40 AM   #56

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Quote:

Bill

I thought SOITC was grand until they when to chose to go to Facebook. I don't use Facebook, Bad experiences years ago. FB principle of doing it and asking for forgiveness is not my way of doing business.

I do look at the SOITC board every few weeks. Nothing

Clay
Old 11-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #57

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
"I do look at the SOITC board every few weeks. Nothing"

YEP, DEAD!!!
Old 11-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #58
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
That doesn't mean that a core of loyal owners can't resurrect it...
Old 11-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #59

THOR #2053
I know nothing about facebook and not sure how it effects the website. I have never been on it and have no intention of ever going there (facebook). Yes, SOITC has been slow but better, more specific information without all the drama and distractions. And most importantly it's ALL about DRV for tech things. I can get all the other stuff from other places. I will still check here once in a while, but for the most part not.

When we were first prompted to come over here we were fed a bunch of lies about ownership, management and Thor's involvement. NONE of it was true!!

Bill

Bill
Old 11-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #60

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
That doesn't mean that a core of loyal owners can't resurrect it...
When pigs fly.

Tags
dump valve, tank valve