Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 04:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I do not think this mows the grass as I think they have a company that does that. It just moves the rigs.
I know I was being sarcastic. This John Deere comes in at around $100,00-$150,000. Damn expensive trailer mover.

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
I noticed it has a ball hitch on it. How do they move a fifth wheel with that? All I've ever seen is a fork lift for moving trailers there. JD doesn't make sense. Also, in the pictures of the parking, notice the semi's in the back ground? That's the Indiana toll road I-80-90

Bill
Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I noticed it has a ball hitch on it. How do they move a fifth wheel with that? All I've ever seen is a fork lift for moving trailers there. JD doesn't make sense. Also, in the pictures of the parking, notice the semi's in the back ground? That's the Indiana toll road I-80-90

Bill
I think the 5th wheel plate is up here:

Old 08-10-2017, 02:07 AM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:

Bill
That may not be 80/90..not sure where the DRV factory service is but Indiana does have highway 20 that runs East/West just south of 80/90. Highway 20 is a limited access highway just like 80/90 (but without the tolls). Hint: If you don't want to pay the tolls drop down to 20--hence all the trucks.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #25

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Bill, I took these pictures of DRV when we were there last fall. Yes, that IS the Indiana Toll Road you see in the back ground. If you had a "good" arm you could throw a rock to the toll road from DRV's new facility.

IIRC DRV now has 12 full hook ups.

Why they purchased that big tractor to move units around with is beyond me, way over kill IMHO. When the repair/warranty work was still being done at the assembly plant they used a regular fork lift with an attachment on the forks to pick up fifth wheels, not sure why they "upgraded".

Dan
Old 08-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #26

THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer50 View Post
Thanks guys for the very helpful info. Just what I needed to know.

NOW Ed tells me that I have to order the rear cap through Greg. Really? dont they talk to one another? Guess its because I will have to pay for it first.

I have read the posts about the Levelup problems. I have a few as well. Some leaking lines and the rear jacks going down or going up on their own, sometimes I havent had any problems with the front ones yet, but they do groan going up a lot of the time.
Can I count on DRV to know how to fix them or will I need to make an appointment with LCI? I would really like to get the fronts replaced.
I would strongly suggest you contact LCI, when I called Ed about our Level Up system problems I was basically told "too bad, so sad". He'd probably refer you to Lippert anyway, they're close to DRV and better equipped to handle Level Up troubles.

Dan
Old 08-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #27

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
I would strongly suggest you contact LCI, when I called Ed about our Level Up system problems I was basically told "too bad, so sad". He'd probably refer you to Lippert anyway, they're close to DRV and better equipped to handle Level Up troubles.

Dan
OH, you mean Mr "NO" ???
Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #28

Model: 38RSSA MS
State: Washington
THOR #5214
Quote:

Why they purchased that big tractor to move units around with is beyond me, way over kill IMHO. When the repair/warranty work was still being done at the assembly plant they used a regular fork lift with an attachment on the forks to pick up fifth wheels, not sure why they "upgraded".

Dan
Personally I'm a little hesitant to allow anyone move my coach with a forklift again....the dealer punched a hole in the front cap last time they moved mine
ewacowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #29

THOR #2053
drv factory does not and never has worked on to repair hyd. systems. Have always referred you to Lippert in Goshen.

"Personally I'm a little hesitant to allow anyone move my coach with a forklift again....the dealer punched a hole in the front cap last time they moved mine"

Better stay away from the factory then. You are not given any options as to how your unit is moved in or out.

Bill
Old 10-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #30

Model: 41RSSB4
THOR #5859
Here at the factory service center.
I was told that the tractor cost them $60K, and they use it to plow snow at their facilities in the area.
Got here Sunday hoping to get the cap on today. And painted today or tomorrow and outta here by Sat. Good thing I ordered the cap 2 months ago as it is still not here. The story is the repair center ordered the cap through the purchasing dept @ DRV who, of course, did not order the cap until a few weeks ago. Got to sleep in yesterday. Tonight and tomorrow motel

Just went out to check and the cap is here.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #31

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Humm. Maybe all of us should have bought a $60,000 tractor and 20 acres to plow!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #32

THOR #3221
Please keep us posted as to your progress. That looks like a big job, I HOPE your paint work comes out good.

Dan
Old 10-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #33

THOR #5859
Quote:
Please keep us posted as to your progress. That looks like a big job, I HOPE your paint work comes out good.

Dan
As do I. The "paint booth" is a separate garage. Not what I would call a paint booth. I am just hoping the paint dries so I can get to Morryde for my appointment on Monday. I want them to check everything out to be sure that the install was done correctly. The factory says every unit goes back to Morryde to have the Laser alignment check done, but I am not sure they were doing that in 2014-15 when mine was born. I have heard stories about some installs. I'll get the bearings repacked, too.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #34

THOR #1661
Quote:
As do I. The "paint booth" is a separate garage. Not what I would call a paint booth. I am just hoping the paint dries so I can get to Morryde for my appointment on Monday. I want them to check everything out to be sure that the install was done correctly. The factory says every unit goes back to Morryde to have the Laser alignment check done, but I am not sure they were doing that in 2014-15 when mine was born. I have heard stories about some installs. I'll get the bearings repacked, too.

May want to have them re route your brake lines while you are there!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #35

THOR #2053
Morryde has always required every trailer, no matter the manufactur, be returned to their factory for alignment.

Bill
Old 10-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #36

THOR #5859
Rig was finished at DRV as promised on Friday. Everything on my warranty list was fixed and the rear end looks as good as new. Kevin said they put wood backing behind the attaching screws to give them something to screw into and they use bigger screws. Happy Camper
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Old 10-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #37

THOR #2053
Glad you had a good experience. I, personally, have never left the factory unhappy. Whether it was warranty work or things I was paying for I was always treated well and received excellent workmanship at a fair price.
Cummins=your turn.

Bill
Old 10-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #38

THOR #1661
Quote:
Rig was finished at DRV as promised on Friday. Everything on my warranty list was fixed and the rear end looks as good as new. Kevin said they put wood backing behind the attaching screws to give them something to screw into and they use bigger screws. Happy Camper

Nice to hear they use wood backing!!! Nice you had a good experience.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #39

THOR #1661
Quote:
Glad you had a good experience. I, personally, have never left the factory unhappy. Whether it was warranty work or things I was paying for I was always treated well and received excellent workmanship at a fair price.
Cummins=your turn.

Bill
I was EXTREMELY happy with my Tech! It was not Kevin although he did work on our rig the last day as Fred had the day off.

Just an observation as a Construction Superintendent Kevin is a get er done guy and Fred is a Craftsman!!!

These guys at DRV DO read these Forums and maybe they took note that the rear cap on the lower level actually needs BACKING.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #40

THOR #5859
As a side note about the tractor and the way they move rigs around:

You need to watch them every time they move your rig. One guy while we were there told how they destroyed his front landing gear while moving his rig back to the service center from the factory.

They drug my rigs rear one time when putting it into the work bay. Until I pointed it out to him, he was ready to try again to push. Then I had to rise the fronts before he could drag them, too. I didnt notice until today that they some how bent the lower plate on my Morryde hitch. Right between the two white sliders.

They never use a spotter; the most basic of safety techniques.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD