Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 36TKSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #5078
Grey dump valve - SIZE

I'd like to replace the grey Valve on my camper with an electric valve. It's a 2012 36TKSB3. I've been told it's a 1.5" valve, however I cannot find a 1.5" electric valve. I assume I'd be looking at a 3" to 1.5" reducer unless someone has another suggestion. (3" tank to 3" valve to 3"/1.5" reducer)

Old 10-17-2016, 12:28 PM   #2

Model: 36TKSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #5078
Anijet - Can't view your photos

Anijet-thanks for replying to my question regarding replacement of my grey dump valve. However for some reason when I sign into the 5thwheelforum, it states I'm banned indefinitely for an unknown reason. Don't understand, I haven't been on that forum for over 1 yr & I don't recall ever posting.

1-Would you please post a pic of your grey valve installation on this forum?
2- Additionally, did you install a 3" electrical valve?
3- Did you cut a hole in the bottom board or drop a whole panel?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

Model: 36TK3
State: California
THOR #2059
Gray valve

Here is a photo of the gray valve install. When I have time I'll cut & paste the text from the other thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grayvalve_109.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	3222  
Old 10-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #4

THOR #2059
1) One set of switches are in the same locations as the original pull controls and the other two are in the utility cabinet under the entrance closet. Each has a LED that indicates when a valve is not fully closed. All in all it took a full day.

2) Q - Were you able to do this by just removing the valve cover or did you have to remove more of the under belly cover?

A - The gray valve is accessible by removing the cover which was sealed on pretty good. The black valve is behind the water filter which I removed for access.

3) Q - Did the Drain Master valves replace just the center part of the existing valves or did you have to replace the entire valve assembly.

A - I wanted to leave the original valves installed ahead of the electric valves so I could use them as shut-offs in case the electric needed repair. It worked for the gray but not for the black. For the black I just replaced the original valve because there wasn't a good place to install the new valve. The new gray valve was installed down stream of the original valve. I just removed the original gray remote control and installed an extension that I can use to close the original gray valve from under the belly of the trailer.

This was done in 2010 and they have worked without any problems since. I did this mod on our previous Sunnybrook and will do it on the next RV if we ever buy again.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #5

THOR #2059
A few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outsideswitches_209.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	3223   Click image for larger version