Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 03:02 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #1676
Help!!!!!!!!!!

The front jacks just collapsed crushing my tripod. I need to leave this campground in the morning. How can I get the front up to get it on my truck.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
MnP

Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #2069
You'll have to run a 4 X 6 under it from side to side and put a hydraulic jack on each end of the 4 X 6 to lift it unless you know someone with a bob cat who an lift it and you can put cribbing under the frame to hold it in place. Been there and done that in my 2014 MS. After that take it to Roberts Quality RV repair 812-655-2583 in Indiana and get the $1522 jack rebuild.

Mike
2014 MS 38RSSB3
Old 11-01-2017, 05:00 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
WOW!!! That sucks... I would call Lippert first thing in the am. Under suspension, customer service there phone number is, 574-537-8900. Hopefully they can advise you on how to manually extend the front Jacks.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:08 AM   #4

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Check these threads out. There may be a couple of bits of information that might help you.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29...date-7706.html

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29...blem-7767.html
Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #5

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
In a pinch you could call a wrecker company to come out and pick your trailer up, block it at the right level for you to get your pick up under.

Man that sucks, our trailer didn't fail that bad but I DO feel your pain!!!

Defiantly get a hold of Lippert though.

Dan
Old 11-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #6

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
I would try to run the pump in the retracted position first, and then push extend. Usually when they fail it is because of a seal that curled up and you can still run it in the extend mode. May or may not stay up but it may be possible to get hooked up with little effort. Good luck

Bill
Old 11-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #7

State: Arizona
THOR #5464
What year is your rig?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #8

State: Illinois
THOR #1676
Update

Coachnet is paying for a tech to come tomorrow AM and jack it up so I can move to my next campground. Lippert is supposed to be sending me new jacks 2 nite delivery. i also bought a 12 ton jack and some 2x4s to aid in getting it off and on at the next campground. My rig is a 2015 39DBRS3. I am able to raise the legs but they still wont lift. Civilation is at least 1 hour away or I would be running back an forth trying things. Im holed up at my daughters house right now.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #9

THOR #3221
Wow, that's great that Lippert is going to send you the new legs. Who's installing them for ya?

I hope this story has a happy ending......

Dan
Old 11-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #10

Model: 36RSSB3
THOR #88
So with the number of these front jack issues with the DRV trailers what is it going to take for Lippert and or DRV to step up and fix these? Does someone have to get injured or worse? We have had our front jacks creep down about a 1/2" a couple of times over the last 2 months and of course we are now out of our factory and frame warranty. Is the lawsuit Lippert is going to face if someone does get hurt or worse if the front jacks collapse and someone is under the front or in the bedroom worth just recalling them and installing the proper size jacks for these heavy trailers? I would even be willing to pay the labor to have the larger jacks installed if they would supply them proactively just for the peace of mind. We are leaving tomorrow on a couple of trips through the end of the year so I guess when we get back I will be calling Lippert to see if they will do anything with ours.

We use to have a Crossroads 5th wheel and one of the owners front Level Up legs collapsed and the trailer was totaled because it hit the ground so hard it bent the frame. They were lucky they were not at the trailer when it happened.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #11

THOR #3221
Hunter we were out of warranty on our 2015 RSSA. When I called Lippert this last May they stepped up and had us bring our trailer in and switched out our fronts jacks no questions asked. First week of June they took it in and completed the job in just one day!
We haven't had a problem since.

Dan
Old 11-02-2017, 01:03 AM   #12

THOR #88
Thanks Dan. I will give them a call either while we are on the road or when we get back and see if they will take care of us. When you called and talked to them did you call a certain number or just their main number and ask for customer service? Also what info did they need on your trailer?
Old 11-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #13

THOR #3221
I called the main Lippert number. When you call ask for Josh Northam, he's the guy that helped us out. He will ask for your vin and purchase date and wanted the EXACT date of delivery.

I did talk to another gentleman at the campground we were staying at prior to me calling Lippert, he owned a 2011 and was told he'd get his jacks taken care of. That's really what inspired me to call Lippert again, there was another DRV owner at that same campground that had just gotten his jacks taken care of at Lippert.

My first call to customer service early in the year got me absolutely no where! Being able to talk to somebody in the know was key to our replacement.

Josh should be able to help solve your problems.

Dan
Old 11-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #14

THOR #88
Thank you again. I am going to call in the morning before we leave on this trip.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #15

THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
Thank you again. I am going to call in the morning before we leave on this trip.
No problem, GLAD I could help! Good luck with Lippert tomorrow.......

Dan
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 AM   #16

Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 DA WDS View Post
The front jacks just collapsed crushing my tripod. I need to leave this campground in the morning. How can I get the front up to get it on my truck.
Really sorry to hear that has happened to someone else. Fortunately no damage or injuries? We were sleeping when it happened to us. We thought it was a earthquake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdan View Post
In a pinch you could call a wrecker company to come out and pick your trailer up, block it at the right level for you to get your pick up under.
Man that sucks, our trailer didn't fail that bad but I DO feel your pain!!! Defiantly get a hold of Lippert though
Dan
Yes definitely feel your pain and helplessness.
Everyone has different levels of experience and expertise so be very cautious in what you attempt to remedy your situation.
A local dealer transported a fork lift from their lot which had a hitch plate attachment, along with some sturdy cribbing materials. A well equipped wrecker service will have some equipment also. I've also heard of a tilt-bed wrecker being used.
Swapping those jacks can be a chore too. Those original suckers are very long. The new style required new mounts welded to the frame etc. not for the faint of heart.
We were diverted to a Lippert auth. agent in N. Cali. and they flew in a tech from IN for the retrofit...

Please update us and above all be safe!
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #17

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
I am curious, you say they are sending two new rams. Are the same or the new type that requires structural modification?