Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #41

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #9543
Good morning, cummins. I have no idea how your lights are constructed and would never presume to make judgements/statements about them. But, mine are EXTREMELY tight. As I stated, the rubber bushing is a grommet with a groove cut all the way around it that snaps into the hole. It had to be forced out and then forced back in with the use of Armorall. All of my lights, including brake and signal are like that.

Also,, I don’t know why someone basically calls me a liar every time I post something. “They certainly are not tight in the holes” is an implication that I am not being truthful. I suggest that you speak for yourself, about ‘your’ lights, until you have first hand knowledge about mine. In your polite, liberal society, perhaps you can make blanket statements such as that and go unchallenged, but not in mine; I don’t have a liberal bone in my body.

2017 36RSSB3--2012 F350 KR, LWB, SRW, bilsteins, 1 1/4" anti sway bar, bilstein steering stabilizer, airlift air bags, on board wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, all synthetic fluids; KEM, Tyrant, and PIP tunes with SCT X4 programming, G37 2017 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission and torque convertor, Edge CTS gauge monitoring.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #42

THOR #11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I don't think there's any way the lights can leak.......I hope.
I know they leak. I have one the five front clearance lights that will fall out unless it is siliconed in good and I don't mean tacked in. The hole is bigger than grommet. I requested a bigger grommet from the factory but received the same thing. The hole was drilled wrong size.
On the insulation, I agree it slips but it took about a year and a half to notice. I noticed it when I could see light appearing in the cracks of the paneling. Bedroom dark and bright sunshine outside. Light source would have to be clearance light passive light. The factory sealed the paneling joints.
Clay 2016 MS 38PS3 #8120
Old 08-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #43

Model: 38RSSA
State: Ontario
THOR #5001
Quote:
Good morning, cummins. I have no idea how your lights are constructed and would never presume to make judgements/statements about them. But, mine are EXTREMELY tight. As I stated, the rubber bushing is a grommet with a groove cut all the way around it that snaps into the hole. It had to be forced out and then forced back in with the use of Armorall. All of my lights, including brake and signal are like that.

Also,, I don’t know why someone basically calls me a liar every time I post something. “They certainly are not tight in the holes” is an implication that I am not being truthful. I suggest that you speak for yourself, about ‘your’ lights, until you have first hand knowledge about mine. In your polite, liberal society, perhaps you can make blanket statements such as that and go unchallenged, but not in mine; I don’t have a liberal bone in my body.
All of my clearance lights are fairly loose in the fibreglass hole and I wouldn't trust them to be watertight. No need to take this discussion off into the weeds.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #44

THOR #3109
clev,
Not sure how/when the holes are drilled in the caps--when the cap is formed, or by DRV at time of assembly. The lights are very loose in my front cap, and that was the same on my previous '05. Don't know if I have any leaks, or if the insulation has fallen.
As to the insulation and hanging something by either staples or glue--constant travel bouncing and gravity would both tend to cause any suspended item to tend to sink/fall--I can't imagine based on many comments on construction that DRV would spend a lot of effort on this particular construction item. If it hangs long enough to get the panels on, that's good.
Gonna have to take time to pull a light in front and run a snake light in there....
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #45

THOR #9543
I'm noticing that the DRV's of the members commenting on loose lights are 15's and 16's. MS60 has a 16 and the holes are too large, as are cummins' 16.; and yours and Willy's which are 15's. Maybe in those 2 years, DRV had enough complaints, or warranty repairs, so that in 17 they drilled the holes a little smaller. Who knows? I will be very surprised if mine leaks. And I don't know how I get into these minor disagreements. Your/their holes are too large, mine are on the verge of being too small. What difference does it make? If a leak is detected in either yours, theirs, or mine, a little silicone around the lights fixes the problem.

Enjoyed the conversation; everyone have a good day.
2017 36RSSB3--2012 F350 KR, LWB, SRW, bilsteins, 1 1/4" anti sway bar, bilstein steering stabilizer, airlift air bags, on board wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, all synthetic fluids; KEM, Tyrant, and PIP tunes with SCT X4 programming, G37 2017 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission and torque convertor, Edge CTS gauge monitoring.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #46

Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
I can't speak for my front lights, but the clearance lights on the back cap are very tight. The reason I know this is because I had to remove one for the backup camera I installed to run the wires. The grommet was tight and the lens was tight as well. I went ahead and checked the others while I was up there and they were also well secure.
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #47

THOR #9543
Hey Juice. I, too, used a running light to power my rear camera. Wireless didn't work well, so we installed a wired system. That required pulling the brake/signal/parking lights on the side in order to snake the wires from the top down to the bottom. And, they were extremely tight, as well.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #48

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
In case you would like to see the backside.

I forgot to get a pic of the front cap, but here is the rear cap and the the pin box cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DRV_39DBRS3_41 copy.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	12152   Click image for larger version

Name:	DRV_39DBRS3_54 copy.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	12153  

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #49

THOR #9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
In case you would like to see the backside.

I forgot to get a pic of the front cap, but here is the rear cap and the the pin box cap.
Port, is that the inside wall of the rear cap that I’m looking at ?
Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 AM   #50

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Port, is that the inside wall of the rear cap that I’m looking at ?
Yes, inside rear cap and the cap that goes under the front of the trailer

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 AM   #51

THOR #9543
Thank you; I have not seen that before.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:56 AM   #52

Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
THOR #2341
Our rear cap lights are snug in the hole, not so tight that they are difficult to remove, but snug. The front clearance lights are loose. I used silicone to keep ours in place.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #53

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
"Also,, I don’t know why someone basically calls me a liar every time I post something. “They certainly are not tight in the holes” is an implication that I am not being truthful. I suggest that you speak for yourself, about ‘your’ lights, until you have first hand knowledge about mine. In your polite, liberal society, perhaps you can make blanket statements such as that and go unchallenged, but not in mine; I don’t have a liberal bone in my body."

WTF??? This is what I said "I disagree as they certainly are not tight in the holes! The lights them selves do fit snug in the grommets." You may want to post my full quote as it makes what I said sound less confrontational. I was just expressing MY conditions.

As far as me living in a "polite, liberal society" you have NO idea how "RIGHT WING" I am.

I guess I could have said my grommets are not tight in the holes but the lights are snug in the grommets. My post was NOT meant to call you a "LIAR", sorry you take things the most negative possible.

Just because I question or comment on something you say does NOT mean I am being critical.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #54

THOR #1661
clev a simple question for you. Were your lights inside the grommets when you were trying to push the grommets into the holes?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #55

THOR #9543
No, they were not.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #11045
If I had the chance 2 do it all over again I'd buy an older, better quality coach than a THOR
Old 08-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #57

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #9263
Well, we have decided that after we finish our week here at Stoneridge Motor coach Resort in Idaho we will make a mad dash to Kansas to meet with New Horizons and then drive down to Rolling Retreats to chat with them before high tailing it back to Oregon for a appointment on Sept 5th.
I figure we will either sh&t or get off the pot as far as a 5th wheel go's at that point.
Thanks for all the comments.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #58

THOR #3109
If you go with a DRV, can't do better than Rolling Retreats...
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #59

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
lmbo
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #60

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
If you go with a DRV, can't do better than Rolling Retreats...

You gots dat right!!!