Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2015, 01:21 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Illinois
THOR #2672
Issues with 3" LED lights and cabinet latches

We took delivery on our 2016 Mobile Suites in mid-October. Although we've been satisfied overall, we've had a couple of recurring issues. First, five of our 3" LED lights are malfunctioning. One died almost immediately and four flicker on and off. Second, we've had three of the plastic cabinet latches fail. Two snapped off and one pulled out of the door. Have others had these issues and, if so, how did you address them?

Escapees #114399
GordonsontheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:02 AM   #2

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
We had trouble with our ceiling lights too, the four near the rear of the trailer in the living room were "flickering" just like yours, the fix was replacing the dimmer switch. It only happened on two occasions but I knew something was wrong. DRV took care of that when we were there in November.

We also had one of our latches fail, same as you it just broke. I called DRV and Greg Vaughn sent us a package of five "NC", I replaced the broken one and have a some left just in case we have more failures.

Dan
Old 12-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #3

State: Illinois
THOR #2672
Thanks, Dan. I had contacted Greg Vaughn when the first one went out and he sent me two replacements at no charge. However, by the time his package arrived, four more had gone bad. Unlike your situation, our problem lights are controlled by on/off switches rather than a dimmer and the 5 problem lights are connected to 3 different circuits. I can keep replacing the lights but there appears to be an underlying issue.
Escapees #114399
GordonsontheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #4

Model: Mobile Suite 36RSSB3
State: Minnesota
THOR #1990
We have had to replace 3 of our lights. They start flashing and are not on a dimmer. Hope this is not an ongoing problem. Also broken latches. Gregg has been very good about sending out replacements. Most of our problems have been vendor items which all RV manufactures share.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:09 PM   #5

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Your welcome, I hope you can get to the bottom of your issue. When I mentioned to the tech at DRV our light problem he knew right away to look at the switch. I guess we're lucky so far as it seems to have been the problem.

As for the latch failures, geez that's tough, again I guess we've been lucky having only had one fail us. That one happened to be the closet door in the bathroom where a washer/dryer would go if we had one.

The only light bulb failure we've encountered was one of the island/pendant lights blew, I initially replaced with same kind incandescent and then bought a 5 pack of LEDs and replaced all three, which give off the same amount of light as the incandescents and have the same "glow" but NO heat and a lot less electricity.

Good luck in your search.

Happy holidays

Dan
Old 12-22-2015, 01:45 AM   #6

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
With regards to the cabinet latches, here are some metal one with ball catches that are adjustable. There are different manufacturers of these kinds of latches, so I don't know which would be best. On our 38TKSB3, there is a small latch like these on the inside of the "laundry room" doors that catch to keep the bi-fold doors from swinging back and forth.

Door Tension Latches

Terry