Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
While we're back on the Anderson...I had an earlier post regarding just how much weight they can handle. My front jacks are so close to the ground anyway that nothing can be placed under them.. I would like to use the Anderson for the rear (long stroke) but don't know if they can handle the temporary weight as the coach levels out. The capacity says 6K pounds each. My fear, as the jacks come down independently, there may be excessive weight on one pad for a short moment.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #42

Brand: DRV
Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I'm sure that most of us have a coach that retails well above 100k, and I for one, did not and do not want to carry and stack ugly boards under the pads. Yours look really good, cummins, but I wouldn't want to go the time, trouble, and expense of building and painting them. Plus the space to store them; at least the Anderson's stack inside each other a little. I bought 2 of the Anderson blocks shortly after taking delivery, primarily because my truck is so high, the g/neck wouldn't clear the tailgate at max stroke. I always use them, regardless of the type of terrain, and if it does appear soft, I have the yellow, stackable, jack pads. After over a year of use, they still look new, no chips, no cracks, and they have never sunk up. On my last trip, on one occasion, one side of the coach was almost maxed out, so I just ordered 2 more from Amazon for $90 delivered and these have the magnets. I did a search and $90 was the cheapest that I found. Everyone uses what works for them, and these work for me.
Thank you for the information on the Anderson pads! Will be ordering some!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #43

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
My blocks are stored under the RV when not traveling. While traveling the fit between my hitch and tool box.

YES nice to have options!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #44

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
My blocks are stored under the RV when not traveling. While traveling the fit between my hitch and tool box.

YES nice to have options!
I keep mine between the tailgate and hitch. They fit perfectly.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #45

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I keep mine between the tailgate and hitch. They fit perfectly.
I try not to have anything in that area because of the RV's cable moving around back there. Years back I had my cable get ripped out of it's socket and NO brakes!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #46

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I try not to have anything in that area because of the RV's cable moving around back there. Years back I had my cable get ripped out of it's socket and NO brakes!!!
I stack them in a certain order each time. Nothing should grab the cable or pull the plug out. Been good for 3years so far. I will post a pic on Sunday or Monday.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #47

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
While we're back on the Anderson...I had an earlier post regarding just how much weight they can handle. My front jacks are so close to the ground anyway that nothing can be placed under them.. I would like to use the Anderson for the rear (long stroke) but don't know if they can handle the temporary weight as the coach levels out. The capacity says 6K pounds each. My fear, as the jacks come down independently, there may be excessive weight on one pad for a short moment.

Not a problem with LevelUp

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #48

State: Texas
THOR #9543
Gritz, I can’t picture your situation. First, how are the front jacks so close to the ground that a block can’t fit under them but the back is high???? Is that sitting on your truck or parked and level? Second, one jack comes down until resistance is detected, and then the other side comes down. After that they come down equally until they start the leveling process.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #49

THOR #9431
I would think with a $4,000+ option like LevelUp you would not have to add any type of blocking except for the occasional ‘out of stroke’ scenario.

Perhaps on the DRV’s the jacks are not robust enough ?

On my 36’ long,17k+ Cyclone i had the same jacks (and installed height) as the jacks on our new 42’ 20k+ DRV.

The Cyclone was very stable, occasionally I would put the rear electric stabilizers down if the dogs started rough housing too much in the garage.

The DRV shakes and moves quite a bit more.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #50

State: Texas
THOR #9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
The DRV shakes and moves quite a bit more.
Hi port. There was another post somewhere about the use of a tripod to stabilize the pin and make the coach more solid; on the DRV facebook page, I think. A few members complained about shaking and wiggling when walking through the coach. I was incredulous because mine does not move. I don't know how an 18000 pound coach with a 15 inch frame can wiggle when a ~200 pound person walks through it; really I don't. Mine is rock solid. OBTW, port, they banned me too; LOL.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:28 AM   #51

THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Hi port. There was another post somewhere about the use of a tripod to stabilize the pin and make the coach more solid; on the DRV facebook page, I think. A few members complained about shaking and wiggling when walking through the coach. I was incredulous because mine does not move. I don't know how an 18000 pound coach with a 15 inch frame can wiggle when a ~200 pound person walks through it; really I don't. Mine is rock solid. OBTW, port, they banned me too; LOL.
I don’t believe those pin tripods do anything other the lighten your wallet.
If the tripod is not strong enough to hold the trailer up by itself, it is fodder.

I noticed today when we were leaving the campground (DRV Rally in Lancaster, PA) that the rear jacks had very little ‘lift’ to them.

I’ll have to pay more attention next week, maybe add a bit more lift manually.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Old 06-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #52

THOR #1658
This is how my wood blocks store when traveling.