Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
While we're back on the Anderson...I had an earlier post regarding just how much weight they can handle. My front jacks are so close to the ground anyway that nothing can be placed under them.. I would like to use the Anderson for the rear (long stroke) but don't know if they can handle the temporary weight as the coach levels out. The capacity says 6K pounds each. My fear, as the jacks come down independently, there may be excessive weight on one pad for a short moment.

__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:48 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
juicesqueezer's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
Posts: 240
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I'm sure that most of us have a coach that retails well above 100k, and I for one, did not and do not want to carry and stack ugly boards under the pads. Yours look really good, cummins, but I wouldn't want to go the time, trouble, and expense of building and painting them. Plus the space to store them; at least the Anderson's stack inside each other a little. I bought 2 of the Anderson blocks shortly after taking delivery, primarily because my truck is so high, the g/neck wouldn't clear the tailgate at max stroke. I always use them, regardless of the type of terrain, and if it does appear soft, I have the yellow, stackable, jack pads. After over a year of use, they still look new, no chips, no cracks, and they have never sunk up. On my last trip, on one occasion, one side of the coach was almost maxed out, so I just ordered 2 more from Amazon for $90 delivered and these have the magnets. I did a search and $90 was the cheapest that I found. Everyone uses what works for them, and these work for me.
Thank you for the information on the Anderson pads! Will be ordering some!
__________________
Joe & Dottie Allen
2014 Mobile Suites Estates 39RESB3
2014 Ford F-450 DRW
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:58 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,838
THOR #1661
My blocks are stored under the RV when not traveling. While traveling the fit between my hitch and tool box.

YES nice to have options!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 2,280
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
My blocks are stored under the RV when not traveling. While traveling the fit between my hitch and tool box.

YES nice to have options!
I keep mine between the tailgate and hitch. They fit perfectly.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,838
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I keep mine between the tailgate and hitch. They fit perfectly.
I try not to have anything in that area because of the RV's cable moving around back there. Years back I had my cable get ripped out of it's socket and NO brakes!!!
__________________
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 2,280
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I try not to have anything in that area because of the RV's cable moving around back there. Years back I had my cable get ripped out of it's socket and NO brakes!!!
I stack them in a certain order each time. Nothing should grab the cable or pull the plug out. Been good for 3years so far. I will post a pic on Sunday or Monday.
__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 557
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
While we're back on the Anderson...I had an earlier post regarding just how much weight they can handle. My front jacks are so close to the ground anyway that nothing can be placed under them.. I would like to use the Anderson for the rear (long stroke) but don't know if they can handle the temporary weight as the coach levels out. The capacity says 6K pounds each. My fear, as the jacks come down independently, there may be excessive weight on one pad for a short moment.

Not a problem with LevelUp
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
State: Texas
Posts: 311
THOR #9543
Gritz, I can’t picture your situation. First, how are the front jacks so close to the ground that a block can’t fit under them but the back is high???? Is that sitting on your truck or parked and level? Second, one jack comes down until resistance is detected, and then the other side comes down. After that they come down equally until they start the leveling process.
__________________
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 557
THOR #9431
I would think with a $4,000+ option like LevelUp you would not have to add any type of blocking except for the occasional ‘out of stroke’ scenario.

Perhaps on the DRV’s the jacks are not robust enough ?

On my 36’ long,17k+ Cyclone i had the same jacks (and installed height) as the jacks on our new 42’ 20k+ DRV.

The Cyclone was very stable, occasionally I would put the rear electric stabilizers down if the dogs started rough housing too much in the garage.

The DRV shakes and moves quite a bit more.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
State: Texas
Posts: 311
THOR #9543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
The DRV shakes and moves quite a bit more.
Hi port. There was another post somewhere about the use of a tripod to stabilize the pin and make the coach more solid; on the DRV facebook page, I think. A few members complained about shaking and wiggling when walking through the coach. I was incredulous because mine does not move. I don't know how an 18000 pound coach with a 15 inch frame can wiggle when a ~200 pound person walks through it; really I don't. Mine is rock solid. OBTW, port, they banned me too; LOL.
__________________
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:28 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
Posts: 557
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Hi port. There was another post somewhere about the use of a tripod to stabilize the pin and make the coach more solid; on the DRV facebook page, I think. A few members complained about shaking and wiggling when walking through the coach. I was incredulous because mine does not move. I don't know how an 18000 pound coach with a 15 inch frame can wiggle when a ~200 pound person walks through it; really I don't. Mine is rock solid. OBTW, port, they banned me too; LOL.
I donít believe those pin tripods do anything other the lighten your wallet.
If the tripod is not strong enough to hold the trailer up by itself, it is fodder.

I noticed today when we were leaving the campground (DRV Rally in Lancaster, PA) that the rear jacks had very little Ďliftí to them.

Iíll have to pay more attention next week, maybe add a bit more lift manually.
__________________
Thanks,
Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
rynosback's Avatar
 
Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
Posts: 2,280
THOR #1658
This is how my wood blocks store when traveling.

__________________
2016 DRV38RSB3
2015 Ram 3500 Regular Cab DRW CTD Asian trans 410 rear
rynosback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2