Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2017, 05:50 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Learned something about Mor-Ryde IS today

I called Rob at Mor-Ryde to order the additional support for the suspension cross members Although I am not at max weight I wanted to add them just to be cautious. When I talked to Rob he asked what year our DRV was. When I said 2016 he said to check the cross member for an additional support they began adding to DRV units in early 2016. Sure enough we have a section of what looks like about 3/16 flat stock welded to the front side of both cross members. The flat stock is the width of the cross member and is about 5' long and centered on the front side of the members. I wasn't aware of the modification so I thought I would post the information.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:30 AM   #2

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee View Post
I called Rob at Mor-Ryde to order the additional support for the suspension cross members Although I am not at max weight I wanted to add them just to be cautious. When I talked to Rob he asked what year our DRV was. When I said 2016 he said to check the cross member for an additional support they began adding to DRV units in early 2016. Sure enough we have a section of what looks like about 3/16 flat stock welded to the front side of both cross members. The flat stock is the width of the cross member and is about 5' long and centered on the front side of the members. I wasn't aware of the modification so I thought I would post the information.
Nothing says it better then a pic?
Old 04-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #3

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Nothing says it better then a pic?
I agree!

BTW package arrived yesterday, THANKS!

Mine is one of the earliest 2016's #7814. There is a rectangular tube full width with a channel over the top and another up from the bottom nearly the full width of the "axle". I really don't see how this could possibly bend. I run 17,500# on my two axles and they are perfectly straight.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #4

THOR #1661
Here are pics from May 17, 2016 at MORryde. Looks like I have the same system. There is NO "PLATE" involved in the axle. Tube and two Channels.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Arizona
THOR #5464
Wow this is even better. I didn't get completely under the unit and from looking up at the tube I couldn't see the top. I agree if you bend that you are in some serious trouble.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #6

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi, Dick and Ruby McKee View Post
Wow this is even better. I didn't get completely under the unit and from looking up at the tube I couldn't see the top. I agree if you bend that you are in some serious trouble.

I agree! The saying "he!! for stout comes to mind" !
Old 04-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Just went out to look at the axle tubes on my '15 RSSA--tag says mfg date of 7/14/14...
It has the reinforcements on the tubes already--this is a very late '14 model that didn't get all of the '15 changes. But, this is one I am happy to have.