Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2018, 12:15 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
Lippert/LCI service

In the course of owning a Suites, and reading about the front jack problem, I contacted LCI about them.
Lots of bad press, justifiably so, it would seem by numbers of people with the jacks not operating correctly.
Several posts on this and other forums about how to get them fixed--I opted to use the LCI website chat room to start a conversation about my jacks dropping at times overnight when dry-camped and hitched up.

To my surprise, they agreed to replace them if I could get to the plant in Goshen, IN. I was/am in the middle of an extended trip to west coast/CO/Maine and told them I could get there. An appt was set and I got here on Labor Day evening and stayed in the nearby Walmart lot (doable, but EXTREMELY noisy over past WM stays) prior to the 7AM appt on Tuesday. Several rigs showed up, all makes, for some type of work. Was greeted by Josh (Lead Service Advsr) and told the routine. I drove the rig around to the entry of the bay (had previously be told that the basement HAD to be empty) and dropped the trailer. Left it there and it was finished about noon today.
Front jacks replaced with NO charge.
Cannot say enough about the LCI experience on this one occasion--professional/courteous/on time/done as promised. Josh and Brandi handled everything, and the techs did the job as discussed.

The size/number of LCI plants in the area is mind-boggling--since they have the majority of the frames in the RV industry, along with that comes the associated ills of volume production. In this case, I am completely satisfied that they took care of their obligation to handle whatever mistakes occur.

On another long-ago note: I bought an '05 Suites in '07 from an individual that was just going out of the 2-year warranty. Doubletree honored some minor stuff at the selling dealer in Lubbock, but the hydraulic pump turned out to be undersized for the weight of the trailer. Traveled to Goshen in '08 and LCI replaced the pump free of charge--1 year out of warranty.

Thanks then and now to LCI/Lippert Components for taking care of me.

To add to this jack problem--Josh indicated to me that if the Auto Retract was used (I wasn't) it would pressure up the system to the proper psi that was needed to keep the jacks up. So, maybe I was partly to blame for the dropping jacks.

Joe

2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #2

Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Glad to hear things went well. Thanks for the write up.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:35 AM   #3

Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
THOR #5859
To add to this jack problem--Josh indicated to me that if the Auto Retract was used (I wasn't) it would pressure up the system to the proper psi that was needed to keep the jacks up. So, maybe I was partly to blame for the dropping jacks.

Joe

Dont beat yourself up to bad. They told me the same thing. I tried it their way and it made no difference.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:37 AM   #4

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Wow that is great! I called them and they said that there is only a one year warranty on the rig. So you are out of warranty.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:10 PM   #5

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Joe=your story is reflective of the experience that we had with Lippert in the past. I'm a happy customer.

Bill
Old 09-06-2018, 02:21 PM   #6

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Wow that is great! I called them and they said that there is only a one year warranty on the rig. So you are out of warranty.
Your rig is one year newer than Joe's. Maybe you need to wait a year and call again.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:59 PM   #7

Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Great to hear about their service Joe!
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #8

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Your rig is one year newer than Joe's. Maybe you need to wait a year and call again.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite24FE
THOR #12434
I’ve always received exceptional service from LCI
Old 10-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #10

Model: Dallas
State: Wisconsin
THOR #2170
Jack repair

I called 2 and a half years ago regarding my front jack failure on our 2014 Dallas. Both DRV and Lippert basically told me my rig was out of warranty. I, along with hundreds of others, went to Robert's RV repair for service. Perhaps Lippert would send me a check for 1600.00 after telling me to go pound sand. 2 and a half years ago I posted on here and elsewhere. I wonder why all of the different responses from Lippert? Anyone reading this from Lippert? I would appreciate a response.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #11

THOR #3109
classichammond,
Sad to hear of the attitude at that time--many stories about Roberts fixing the seals on the rams.
I can only assume that the number of incidents and complaints on the internet spurred some sort of better accomodation from LCI before an actual class action/lawsuit was mentioned.
They are a huge operation with many irons in the fire--at least they seem to be now helping the customers instead of ignoring them--on this one problem.
2017 F450 KR
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #12

THOR #4314
I notified DRV of a leaking front jack on our 2017 MS while under warranty but couldn't get to them until after warranty expired. They had me call Lippert to set up an appointment to fix the problem. Did so but couldn't get there until after warranty expired. Lippert said no problem just come in ASAP and we'll take care of the problem. Finally got to Lippert, they fixed the problem no questions asked at no cost. In ten years of RVing in two DRV rigs I've had numerous problems. When contacting DRV or Lippert I never had a problem getting parts or getting things fixed while under warranty or out of warranty. Maybe I've been just lucky???? I'll vouch for either DRV or Lippert anytime based on my ten year experience with them.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #13

THOR #3109
I have found myself quick to bad-mouth both, but mostly due to others' stories/experience---but, having had a DRV since 2007, can't say that either of the 2 units has been a mistake.
LCI was quick to commit to replacement, professional at every point and the work done as promised--$0 outlay. Only had to get to Elkhart, and was going that way anyway.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
Old 10-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #14

THOR #4314
Lots of folks complain about DRV & Lippert service before and after warranty expires. Not sure who they contact for help but I like you have never had any problems getting issues resolved amicably in the ten + years of RVing in DRV units. I could tell you stories of how quick DRV responded with suggestions to fix things and/or parts needed. That's one of the reasons we bought a second RV from DRV.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #15

Model: Dallas
State: Wisconsin
THOR #2170
For awhile, 2 years ago in summer they suddenly found the ability to help but that fall stopped....at least till just recently, apparently. At that point I had fixed it on my own.....along with many others. Consider yourself fortunate if they covered the jacks out of warranty. Many others shared my experience.......and I must say.......their lack of concern left a crummy taste in my mouth. They knew it was a problem, they used crap jacks, I feel they owe me one..........and I don't expect to be repaid. It definitely will affect any future purchase on my part. I was in business for quite some time......and would never be so inconsistent regarding my products, because they reflect on me.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:27 AM   #16

THOR #3109
Sure sounds like you got the brushoff. Why not compose a complaint letter, calmly worded, and cite the many instances of others getting replacements?
2017 F450 KR