Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2016, 01:03 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
The guy at DRV that is working on my RV is going to look at my lights to see if they are the "good" ones or not.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:53 AM   #22

Model: 41RSSB4
State: Wyoming
THOR #2094
Nice. Let us know what they say. I couldn't convince them to replace the rest of my lights. They would only do the ones that were out plus a couple spares.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #23

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
The guy at DRV that is working on my RV is going to look at my lights to see if they are the "good" ones or not.
Do you know how the determine what the good or bad ones are?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #24

THOR #1661
Mine are the GOOD ones. My Number is 7814 so some time after that they went to another one and are not so good!

Mine have 9 points of light. The small ones.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:55 AM   #25

THOR #2094
Quote:
Mine are the GOOD ones. My Number is 7814 so some time after that they went to another one and are not so good!

Mine have 9 points of light. The small ones.
Nice. Glad you don't have to deal with this issue. The strobing is ridiculously terrible.

If anyone is interested, the ones that are giving us issues only have three LED's. And wouldn't you know it, I just had one right above me go dim. But at least it's not strobing...
Old 05-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #26

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
Nice. Glad you don't have to deal with this issue. The strobing is ridiculously terrible.

If anyone is interested, the ones that are giving us issues only have three LED's. And wouldn't you know it, I just had one right above me go dim. But at least it's not strobing...
I had one go out over the recliners. It was a three LED type. The dealer replaced all three in that row with 9 LED types when we were at RR in April.

Now one of the 3 LED types has burned out over the kitchen sink. I'll have Slade look at all of them when we get back that way in October.

Joe
Old 05-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #27

THOR #1661
I think I would request ALL the defective type LED's be replaced.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #28

THOR #2094
Quote:
Tried that. They weren't even willing to consider it. So I'm stuck slowly replacing them as they inevitably go bad.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #29

THOR #2094
Quote:
Sent another email to Drv, as I have lost more lights. They're still refusing to replace them all. Looks like I'll just slowly replace them as they go bad.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #30

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurg View Post
Sent another email to Drv, as I have lost more lights. They're still refusing to replace them all. Looks like I'll just slowly replace them as they go bad.

That's really sad!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #31

Model: 2016 38rssa
State: Washington
THOR #3115
Do the lenses twist out? Who do you call at DRV?mine was delivered in January 2016 and starting to have blinkers.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #32

THOR #2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebaler View Post
Do the lenses twist out? Who do you call at DRV?mine was delivered in January 2016 and starting to have blinkers.
Yeah, just grab and twist with both hands. The first few times I thought I was going to break them, but that never happened.

I've been dealing with Mark Arpin. He hasn't been returning my calls, just sends an email response instead.

Speaking of the lights, here's an update on mine-luckily DRV sent extras, as I've had more go out (if you can imagine that.) The best part is that the latest batch of replacements is different! Instead of the nine-LED lights that were previously being used to replace the terrible three-LED lights, I now have six-LED lights. As a result, my rig now has three different hues of light from all the different styles of lights. Yay!!!! One can only imagine how impressive this looks on a premiere, six figure rig.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #33

THOR #3115
Thanks, I have been known to break a few things. Bill
Old 07-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #34

THOR #3115
I got the lenses cover off. There are three led bulbs, 2 flash and one is dark. I will get ahold of Drv tomorrow and get one ordered. Thanks again. Bill
Old 07-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #35

THOR #2094
If you have the three-LED lights in your rig, I'm telling you now that you're going to need a lot more than one. Might as well prepare to replace them all, at least the ones that are used frequently.

2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Longbed. Cummins, Aisin, 4.10
JBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #36

Model: 38RSSA
THOR #5242
Not to resurrect a very old thread, but just thought I'd share my recent experience.

Since last year we've had 8 of the small LED fixtures fail. Since my warranty is up at the end of this month, I called Command Electronics (the manufacturer) to purchase enough lights to replace the remaining lights as I'm sure they will eventually fail as well.

They asked how many I needed so I told them 14. They have shipped the lights at no cost to me. All they requested is that I return one (or more) of the bad lights using the pre-paid return label provided.

Now that's GREAT customer service!
azjeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:54 AM   #37

THOR #3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjeffh View Post
Not to resurrect a very old thread, but just thought I'd share my recent experience.

Since last year we've had 8 of the small LED fixtures fail. Since my warranty is up at the end of this month, I called Command Electronics (the manufacturer) to purchase enough lights to replace the remaining lights as I'm sure they will eventually fail as well.

They asked how many I needed so I told them 14. They have shipped the lights at no cost to me. All they requested is that I return one (or more) of the bad lights using the pre-paid return label provided.

Now that's GREAT customer service!
I think we counted 32 of the 3 led style lights in our 38rssa. We have replaced 5 and have 1 going bad . I think our warranty from DRV is up this month. It is good to know that the manufacturer will continue to replace them.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:34 AM   #38

Model: 38RSB3
THOR #3539
I see many people complaining about the crimped wires for the LED lights. I went to Home Depot and bought a package of small twist splices like those used on house wiring and used those when I replaced bad lights.
Lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #39

THOR #5242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebaler View Post
I think we counted 32 of the 3 led style lights in our 38rssa. We have replaced 5 and have 1 going bad . I think our warranty from DRV is up this month. It is good to know that the manufacturer will continue to replace them.
Dang, just did a recount and I have 26. With the dealer warranty replacements, the 3 that DRV gave me at the factory and the 14 Command is sending, I'm going to be 1 short.

Guess I'll just have to burn out all but one
azjeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #40

State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostshakerofsalt View Post
I see many people complaining about the crimped wires for the LED lights. I went to Home Depot and bought a package of small twist splices like those used on house wiring and used those when I replaced bad lights.
Make sure you get those twist on wire nuts TIGHT and I would be tempted to wrap them in electrical tape after twisting them. The main reason for the crimped splices is that they will not come loose from vibration as you travel down the road.

Home Depot/Lowes has those crimp fittings in their stores and a standard wire crimper will work to connect everything back up, just use the insulated terminal section of your crimper.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote