Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
Mystery leak found

Been fighting a Mystery leak since we picked up the rig. Now granted we didn't use it a lot but now that we are full time it has reared it's head again.

Now it does not always show up but when it does the top of the black water tank gets standing water then it runs down to the top of the grey tank then onto the basement by the water pump. Makes quite a mess. So the other day I noticed water again so digging deeper I removed the back panel of the pantry so that I could see the 1.5 inch grey water drains as they run right over the top of the black tank. Of course no noticeable leaks over filled both tanks and still nothing. We are on city pressure regulated to 40 psi when this test was done. So in the course of this inspection. I ended up filling the fresh water tank. So we switched over to the water pump. The next morning it is wet again. More checking I see water water dripping from the bathroom sink 90 where it joins the main drain. Thinking I found it replaced the 90. looks good for a few hours then wet again. What the F*&^ Well it turns out when the system is only on the pump. The hot water line to the sink starts leaking at the fitting on the sink. Replaced the fitting and washer and now it is nice and dry. The water was following the hot water line down to where it touches the drain pipe. Not a drop of water in the bathroom cabinet or signs of water. Mystery solved

Old 09-06-2021, 12:05 AM   #2

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Water leaks can be a bitch to find. Glad to hear that you got it all resolved.
Is your screen name your initials and your birthday? Just trying to figure it out.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:21 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to see that you found it!
Ryno,
That's the code to unlock his luggage...
Old 01-25-2022, 03:46 PM   #4

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Glad to hear your success.

BUTTT I have similar Leakage from the top of black tank. That is where the similarity ends. I have 38PS3 or this area is the same as the Dallas. The stair-way is the center of the RV, Stool and washer-drier being on the door side. The washer water and waste in my travels over the black tank. We are testing for leaks now by running the washer.
Clay
Old 01-25-2022, 10:26 PM   #5

Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
It could be that they forgot to glue one of the waste water pipes it happens.
Learned a new trick the other day. Tie a piece of cloth to each water line. If one is wet the next day there is your leak.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:30 PM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
Learned a new trick the other day. Tie a piece of cloth to each water line. If one is wet the next day there is your leak.

Great Troubleshooting!!
Old 01-26-2022, 12:35 AM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
The only failure to glue joint was found Dec 29, 2015 at about 2000 miles on the couch but anything have happened in a 3 mile section of I55 in Arkansas.
Thanks for the string tip.

The test run of the washer did not have water deposited on top the Black tank and by visual, the stool waste point of entry is dry.
Clay