Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 02:28 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Maybe pulling the plug on a F 450 tomorrow! We shall see!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #22

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
Maybe pulling the plug on a F 450 tomorrow! We shall see!
Before doing so do your self a favor and check your licensing costs and insurance rates! Compare them to a 350.

Honestly not sure why anyone would want a 450 vs 350 2017 or later.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Quote:
Duane; taken with an Android. Photos were uploaded to my main frame in photos and with correct orientation, so not sure why when I downloaded them, they ended up crooked. .
The camera records the orientation as part of the picture, and some software uses that to display it properly. But some software doesn't. Solution for android should be the same as Duane suggested for iPhone pictures - use almost any photo editing software (IRFANVIEW is free and fairly simple), rotate it to the proper orientation (which the software may do automatically), and save it. Make sure it actually saves it by using a different file name, or, as Duane said, make some changes like cropping it - the software should prompt you to save the revised image. Hopefully...

I love the fact that you used the term "main frame" - are you a long time computer guy? I learned Cobol programming in 1970 and ended up managing technical staff for everything from IBM mainframe to racks of Unix and Windows servers, a campus network, corporate email... I have a love/hate relationship with computers.

Dan
Old 04-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #24
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspotho View Post

I love the fact that you used the term "main frame" - are you a long time computer guy? I learned Cobol programming in 1970 and ended up managing technical staff for everything from IBM mainframe to racks of Unix and Windows servers, a campus network, corporate email... I have a love/hate relationship with computers.

Dan
Off topic by a mile, but long time computer guy here... and still supporting mainframes! They've changed a lot of the decades - and still being upgraded/improved.
https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/Sh...uest_locale=en

Don't have to be a computer guy to have a love/hate relationship with computers... lol
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:24 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Long time programmer here as well, but not on the big thingys..mostly little thingys.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #26

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Before doing so do your self a favor and check your licensing costs and insurance rates! Compare them to a 350.

In a word - steering

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:52 PM   #27

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

I actually got a much lower quote from Progressive on the F450 as well as State Farm compared to the F350. As long as you list it as personal, you actually get a better deal. Licensing costs are the same!
Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #28

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspotho View Post
The camera records the orientation as part of the picture, and some software uses that to display it properly. But some software doesn't. Solution for android should be the same as Duane suggested for iPhone pictures - use almost any photo editing software (IRFANVIEW is free and fairly simple), rotate it to the proper orientation (which the software may do automatically), and save it. Make sure it actually saves it by using a different file name, or, as Duane said, make some changes like cropping it - the software should prompt you to save the revised image. Hopefully...

Dan
Dan, I guess my age is showing with the mention of a Main Frame!
Will try what you said, but on my desktop computer, the images are all correct. So, not sure what happened when uploading them to this site.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #29

THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
In a word - steering
Agree; the F450 can do a much tighter turn radius and the fact that it has larger brake assembly to boot!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #30

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
I actually got a much lower quote from Progressive on the F450 as well as State Farm compared to the F350. As long as you list it as personal, you actually get a better deal. Licensing costs are the same!

Good deal as that is not always the case.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #31

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Don't have to be a computer guy to have a love/hate relationship with computers... lol
Thanks for sure!
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote