Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #14686
Anderson releases new ALL BRASS Water Service Panel

https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/manrv102-rf

All brass. Here’s a related article.

https://alwaysonliberty.com/2019/03/...on-guide.html/

This was a huge problem on my GDRV trailer, and from what I’ve been reading here as well.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
we'll have to see, though, if the factories adopt this new 'costly' replacement, or if they revert to another plumbing method. I like it, too, but I doubt I'm going to pay over $200 to upgrade it.

(though, admittedly, I like the new single point for CityWater/WaterPump... which makes for much less 'turning' of the valve since most of what you are going to do is either of these two anyway)
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #14686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
we'll have to see, though, if the factories adopt this new 'costly' replacement, or if they revert to another plumbing method. I like it, too, but I doubt I'm going to pay over $200 to upgrade it.

(though, admittedly, I like the new single point for CityWater/WaterPump... which makes for much less 'turning' of the valve since most of what you are going to do is either of these two anyway)

This was a SERIOUS point of contention for me with my GDRV. In order to fix the leak I had to literally tear down the plastic 4-way valve and replace it with a brass assembly that I purchased at ACE hardware, then retrofit some of the fittings to get it work. It's fine now, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd choose this for $220 in a minute.