Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2018, 02:38 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
Looking for replacement kitchen faucet

May be in need of a replacement for out kitchen faucet--it is bronze finish with the control off to the right side, and the pull-out head.
Has anyone replaced this style already? Would like to find one similar in a better quality brand.
Thanks,
Joe

2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:22 AM   #2

Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
May be in need of a replacement for out kitchen faucet--it is bronze finish with the control off to the right side, and the pull-out head.
Has anyone replaced this style already? Would like to find one similar in a better quality brand.
Thanks,
Joe
Is something wrong with it or do you just want a change?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Just go to Homedepot, Menards or Lowes, a standard faucet is a direct replacement, there is nothing special about rv faucets except they cant get any cheaper
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Looking for replacement kitchen faucet

It sounds like you have a regular kitchen faucet. I just replaced the faucet in ours which was 1/2 inch and had to replace all the fittings as well since they were so cheap. Got an education about pex and the use of shark bite connectors since the new stuff is 3/8
Old 10-28-2018, 12:59 PM   #5

Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Don't know about your four winds but DRV uses 1/2". And they make a 3/8 X 1/2 shark bite.

Bill
Old 10-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Yep. That is what I learned on my third trip to Home Depot :-) I could not get my half inch replacement bathroom Fossett to stop leaking so I change that to three years with the shark bite as well
Old 10-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #7

THOR #3109
Ryan,
Having flow problems with the faucet and suspect clogging in the valving. If I have to take it out/apart, might as well replace it with a Moen or such.
Thor293,
This faucet, while like a home unit, is a long way from 'standard'--and I have found it saves a lot of time/mistakes if I can find someone that has already done what I need to do.
2017 F450 KR
Old 10-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #8

THOR #4314
Hi Joe,

We replaced the DRV faucet on our 2017 MS as soon as we got it home. Wifee didn't like the design. Got a Kohler long goose neck faucet off of Amazon. Replaced it in 10 minutes after I got two nipples from Home Depot to connect the water lines.

Wifee's sister, lives in NH, needed a new faucet so we just mailed it out to her two weeks ago. If we still had it you could have it.

You take care and good luck with the fix.

Maybe we'll get a round of golf in this summer?? Maybe this winter if you're in the RGV area??
Old 10-28-2018, 06:29 PM   #9

Model: 36 RSSB3
THOR #2152
We replaced ours with a Moen from Costco. We had to make the hole bigger but it came with a soap dispenser which fit in the original hole where the control valve was.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #10

THOR #3109
Mighty nice of you to offer, if it were still yours...is your kitchen faucet similar to ours in that it is a tower discharge with the pull-out spray end, and the separate to right side control? If so, can you tell me the model # of the replacement?
Golf? I am getting to the time when I no longer need to punish myself so badly as to swing at a little white ball about 100+ times over 5 hours, but maybe...
Where in the RGV do you stay the winter? Wife is thinking we need to check out S. TX soon.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
Old 10-28-2018, 07:13 PM   #11

THOR #4314
Here's the faucet we put in our RV. I thought I got it at Amazon but couldn't find it in my previous orders. So, I think I got it at Home Depot because it was less expensive. We got the one with the pull down spray and handle attached to the faucet goose neck. Utilizes the center hole. We also got the soap dispenser which fits perfect in the other hole. Didn't need to cut any holes larger. Everything fit just right. If you need a picture of it in the RV let me know. I'll try and figure out how to get it to you.

I hope the link below works.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohler-K-R780...76&ref=sr_1_76

We go down to Mercedes and stay at Llano Golf and RV resort. Nice park with concrete pads and grass adjacent to the pads. Yes, there's a golf course right next to the RV park.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:55 PM   #12

Model: Memphis
THOR #2341
Go to your favorite home store and pick out what you want. We replaced with a Moen, friends of ours did the no touch style, etc.