Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2022, 12:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostRetired View Post
One thing to note: They did say there was a great deal of pressure drop from the Kantleak. They said they could put their hand over the connection and stop the flow. They cannot do that with the bare hose supplying the unit.
Can you remove the tank supply line from the Kantleak and connect it directly to the City Fill connection or connect your hose directly to the tank fill line? Same threads I believe... then you by-pass the pressure drop of the Kantleak and test the fill rate.
Possible the check valve in the City Fill connector is the culprit?

Old 07-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #22

Model: Chateau V25
State: California
THOR #19470
Definitely check the vent tube. Had the same problem ... This was mine from the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210524_125331-COLLAGE.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	38853  
Old 07-24-2022, 06:23 AM   #23

Model: Delano 24RW
State: Texas
THOR #25563
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
10 hours!!! Disconnect the fill line and run an endoscope through the line. 10 minutes at most.
I second this suggestion. USB or WiFi endoscopes are cheap. I think I've saved a small fortune on my home plumbing issues and fixed a dryer with one one time.
Old 07-24-2022, 12:17 PM   #24

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Quote:
One thing to note: They did say there was a great deal of pressure drop from the Kantleak. They said they could put their hand over the connection and stop the flow. They cannot do that with the bare hose supplying the unit.

What connection did they stop the flow at? Was it the tank or the cold fixtures connection? There should be minimal pressure drop across the fill valve. It is pointing to a Kantleak valve issue and not a line/vent issue.
Old 07-24-2022, 01:23 PM   #25

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
The kantleak assembly is only open and closed valves along with a check valve at the inlet. If the check valve is bad it will cause problems on all the downstream lines.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #26

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Painfully Slow Fresh H2O Fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
The kantleak assembly is only open and closed valves along with a check valve at the inlet. If the check valve is bad it will cause problems on all the downstream lines.

And if the 4 function valve is blocked on the tank port the fill would be slow. Time to fool around with some valves. First thing I would do is go into dry camping configuration and see if I had good water flow and pressure. The tank port also is used to draw water out of the tank. Then I would hook the tank port hose directly to the inlet check valve and see if I got good flow into the tank. Like you point out, it is a simple device. The flow diagrams tell the story.

Looks like a simple repair: