Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2015, 02:03 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #1975
THOR Changes to DRV Yes Maybe or No

If anyone one from THOR is reading this, are you planning any changes to the DRV lineup? I would be interested in your feedback as I have not purchased yet and would find your future projections of great interest especially with the vast RV manufacturing experience behind THOR
Thank you
Bob

Old 05-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: Tradition 375KPS
State: South Dakota
THOR #2086
FWIW, everything I have read says Thor plans to leave DRV pretty much alone. Management will essentially remain the same for the foreseeable future. That could be good or bad depending on your point of view.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #1975
My personal view is that the DRV management have done very well over the past with their product and it seems that the DRV customers are satisfied with the product and the management
Old 05-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #4

Brand: DRV
State: Maryland
THOR #2090
We should all hope Thor leaves the DRV management and manufacturing as is...Because if the Thor number crunchers put there nose in the building process of these great coaches there is only direction DRV will go and that is down...
Old 05-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiteowner View Post
We should all hope Thor leaves the DRV management and manufacturing as is...Because if the Thor number crunchers put there nose in the building process of these great coaches there is only direction DRV will go and that is down...
I believe there is another side that you may want to consider. I have worked for a number of small companies that were the subject of larger firm's acquisition programs. In all of the cases the smaller firm's management team left within 6 to 12 months because they were unwilling to comply with the business strategy of the larger firm or in one case they were unwilling to adapt to the large firm culture.

Bottom line is even if Thor is willing to keep the management team in place is the management team willing to stay and adapt to Thor's culture. DRV is now a child of Thor Industries.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote