Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSB3
State: British Columbia
THOR #2087
Bedroom TV Removal

Can anyone give me some directions as to how to remove the TV from the bedroom cabinet. In previous coaches, there has been some form of release, such as a couple of chains that are pulled down to unlock the mount. I cannot find any chains or cables, and upward pressure does not seem to unlock anything. I am clueless on what should be a simple task. Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated.

2015 DRV MS 38RSB3 #7272
MORryde IS, MORryde pinbox, Curt 24K hitch
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
The bedroom TV in our 2014.5 MS 38RSSA is back-mounted, so this may or may not apply to yours. On ours, one must reach behind the TV and pull down on a spring-loaded bar, then pull outward on the TV. IIRC, this releases the bottom to swing forward which then allows the TV to be lifted upward to release the top from its slot in the latch.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #3

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
A picture of the location would help. If it looks like this the screws are visible on each side of the TV. It's a two person job with mine.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Try pushing in on the TV and then lift straight up on the unit. It sits in a slot on most mounts.
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:05 AM   #5

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
A picture of the location would help. If it looks like this the screws are visible on each side of the TV. It's a two person job with mine.

Wow, you did not opt for the 4th slide?
Old 02-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #6

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Ryan,

Back in 2010, when we were researching ours, we had the opportunity to see two units on the same lot; one with 4th slide and one without. I took pictures of both because it was obvious to us that we would lose inside storage capability with the 4th slide. The one without the 4th slide was the exact floor plan that we purchased.

Two cabinets at each end of the dresser in the one with 4 slides would be gone completely, the overhead storage would not be as deep, and the drawers in the dresser would be smaller.

As for when both of us are in the bedroom, it's nothing for one of us to sit down on the bed to let the other pass by.

Photobucket has been giving me fits lately, but below is a link to my photos.

Terry's 4th Slide Photos

Terry
Old 02-03-2016, 05:29 PM   #7

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Wow, you did not opt for the 4th slide?
Heck NO. Money was not the issue it was all about cabinet space. With the 4th slide you loose a LOT of space.

Is anyone else TV installed so poorly at that angle?

Fixed ours. Next is to raise it and install CD player under the TV and give the wife more cabinet room.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #8

THOR #1661
"As for when both of us are in the bedroom, it's nothing for one of us to sit down on the bed to let the other pass by."

I never go that direction, that's HER territory! There is still plenty of room between the bed and cabinets.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #9

Model: 43' MS Atlanta
State: Arizona
THOR #1683
Quote:
Heck NO. Money was not the issue it was all about cabinet space. With the 4th slide you loose a LOT of space.

Is anyone else TV installed so poorly at that angle?

Fixed ours. Next is to raise it and install CD player under the TV and give the wife more cabinet room.

Our TV does not have such a sharp angle. Somebody was asleep at the wheel at DRV that day. When you raise your TV, I want to see it. Ours does not seem to have any space to raise.

Joe
Old 02-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #10

THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
Our TV does not have such a sharp angle. Somebody was asleep at the wheel at DRV that day. When you raise your TV, I want to see it. Ours does not seem to have any space to raise.

Joe
Ok I will post pics then. I am betting you have the vanity slide, we do not. We opted for more cabinetry.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #11

THOR #1683
Quote:
Ok I will post pics then. I am betting you have the vanity slide, we do not. We opted for more cabinetry.
As a matter of fact, we do indeed have the vanity slide.

Joe
Old 02-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #12

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Quote:
"As for when both of us are in the bedroom, it's nothing for one of us to sit down on the bed to let the other pass by."

I never go that direction, that's HER territory! There is still plenty of room between the bed and cabinets.
Around our house, the wife lays claim to (almost) exclusive use of two areas; the rear of the coach where we've put in her sewing center and the kitchen. I'm allowed in the kitchen IF she is not there doing something. Even if all I want to do is refill my coffee mug, I get called down.

(In a teasing way, of course.)

And if anyone wants to see the difference in cabinetry, check out the link in my previous post.

Terry
Old 02-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #13

THOR #1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry and Jo View Post
Around our house, the wife lays claim to (almost) exclusive use of two areas; the rear of the coach where we've put in her sewing center and the kitchen. I'm allowed in the kitchen IF she is not there doing something. Even if all I want to do is refill my coffee mug, I get called down.

(In a teasing way, of course.)

And if anyone wants to see the difference in cabinetry, check out the link in my previous post.

Terry
We bought the Atlanta because it has a second bedroom. Silly me, I actually thought I would be able to utilize it from time to time for two purposes: one, to be able to take a nap on the bottom bunk since we have no couch, and two, to finally have room to perhaps do some ammo reloading. While I have been able to take exactly 2 naps back there since we got it, I am expected to return the room just the way it was when exiting it. And the ammo reloading thing.......NOPE, there is no room for that. Her sewing stuff completely fills the wardrobe slide and all the cabinets in the room and her sewing machine sits on the desk always at the ready for a bit of sewing.

Alas, I love my wife and am glad she has an area to call her own. However, she does have to share it with the dogs since we put them back there when leaving the coach.

We love our Atlanta.

Joe