Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2021, 01:21 AM   #81

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
Well I finally received acknowledgement from FedEx that the shipment will be delivered Monday, It was to be delivered Dec 15 and for 3 days FedEx could not tell me where the package was. Pending the time of delivery I suspect I will receive a call from Les on Tuesday.
The replacement hoses are in my car. For the record there was no leaks but one short had a weakened side from a kink. One long hose had a small cut (not a rub) near the middle, which would have over the Generator enclosure (from hose manufacture??). Anyway the hose will be routed and secured in a different location going back. New hoses are 4,000 PSI rated
Clay

You are saving your self a lot of grief by replacing those hoses!

The three hoses I bought from Desert Hose Supply in Indio, CA are 5,800psi. The one from Burlington, WA I can't tell. Both look MUCH better than OE.

Old 12-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #82

THOR #1661
"Well I finally received acknowledgement from FedEx that the shipment will be delivered Monday"

Spoke to Les, he said nothing delivered yesterday, Monday. Hopefully today???
Old 12-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #83

State: Texas
THOR #11383
I checked the tracking today and it says briefly. No scheduled date is available at this time. Signature is required.

I don't understand why Sat-Sunday delivery of those boxes wasn't attempted. I had a big box like those delivered last Sunday. All shipping seems to overloaded prior to Christmas.
Clay
Old 12-22-2021, 02:26 AM   #84

THOR #1661
Quote:
I checked the tracking today and it says briefly. No scheduled date is available at this time. Signature is required.

I don't understand why Sat-Sunday delivery of those boxes wasn't attempted. I had a big box like those delivered last Sunday. All shipping seems to overloaded prior to Christmas.
Clay
Signature required, does Les know this? He may have to go to FedEx to pick them up as his shop is not always occupied.

I can tell you talking to a FedEx driver in that area he said they normally have 200 employees at the local distribution facility but they only have 50 coming to work. I had a couple slow deliveries up there also.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:53 AM   #85

THOR #11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Signature required, does Les know this? .

I send him an Email after I saw it maybe 8 hour ago.

I know that under normal times a written message would have been left. This isn't normal times with the holiday packages and only 25% of the work force showing up. I'm not rushing Les but I don't want the parts lost or damaged.

Clay
Old 12-22-2021, 02:59 AM   #86

THOR #1661
Quote:
I send him an Email after I saw it maybe 8 hour ago.

I know that under normal times a written message would have been left. This isn't normal times with the holiday packages and only 25% of the work force showing up. I'm not rushing Les but I don't want the parts lost or damaged.

Clay
I am sure it will all turn out good, just sucks not knowing.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #87

THOR #11383
Quote:
I am sure it will all turn out good, just sucks not knowing.

2 out of 3 FedEx Customer Service people told me the delivery was scheduled for today BUTTT the FedEx message today says, "No scheduled delivery date available at this time".
I also found out the package has never left Tacoma. So part of the SUCKS is messaging. Something I will talk to Memphis about in January. MEMPHIS, WE HAVE PROBLEM.
Presently, Les is to receive a call in advance of delivery (whenever that happens) to be home for delivery.
Clay
Old 12-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #88

THOR #1661
I had a set of tires that FedEx said delivery was Tuesday and they arrived the day before so who knows!!!
Old 12-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #89

THOR #11383
The Golden Egg were laid yesterday. Eleven Business days vs four business days being normal but this isn't normal times.

Merry Christmas
Clay
Old 12-25-2021, 04:54 PM   #90

THOR #1661
Quote:
The Golden Egg were laid yesterday. Eleven Business days vs four business days being normal but this isn't normal times.

Merry Christmas
Clay

AWESOME, now let the fun begin.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #91

THOR #11383
Quote:
AWESOME, now let the fun begin.

You wrote on Dec 25 and at Mt Vernon WA the fun started.
I talked to Lester last night and they are presently having near record cold. Lester has been fighting frozen pipes.

Here in NW Illinois, we are to get our first snow today, its been a dry year.
Clay
Old 12-28-2021, 04:33 PM   #92

THOR #1661
Quote:
You wrote on Dec 25 and at Mt Vernon WA the fun started.
I talked to Lester last night and they are presently having near record cold. Lester has been fighting frozen pipes.

Here in NW Illinois, we are to get our first snow today, its been a dry year.
Clay

YES that really sucks and NOT fun. My place with the coldest temps I have seen there.

Old 01-28-2022, 06:56 PM   #93

THOR #11383
A little update and Solenoid question which i will start as a new topic.
For the jacks after it warmed up in Washington, Lester has been involved in water truck repairs after the extreme cold and trucks left outside. Then all this was followed by the Omicron Variant.
For my end, I was really wanting to dis-connect the truck from the RV. Earlier I had a still unknown water leak going from the top of the Black tank down on to a power cord at a electrical outlet. Each drip resulted into a little steam and burnt rubber smell. I have duplicated every action that could put water on top the tank, except flooding the floor which didn't happen. The toilet end of the Black tank is always dry and end where the water run leaked over the side is not visible.. The Electrical outlet has been moved and power turned off.

Clay
Old 01-28-2022, 07:32 PM   #94

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
A little update and Solenoid question which i will start as a new topic.
For the jacks after it warmed up in Washington, Lester has been involved in water truck repairs after the extreme cold and trucks left outside. Then all this was followed by the Omicron Variant.
For my end, I was really wanting to dis-connect the truck from the RV. Earlier I had a still unknown water leak going from the top of the Black tank down on to a power cord at a electrical outlet. Each drip resulted into a little steam and burnt rubber smell. I have duplicated every action that could put water on top the tank, except flooding the floor which didn't happen. The toilet end of the Black tank is always dry and end where the water run leaked over the side is not visible.. The Electrical outlet has been moved and power turned off.

Clay
If your black tank is what is leaking, I would think the smell would be more like burnt shit and not burned rubber. Hope that you get it resolved.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #95

THOR #11383
No I'm confident is not anything from in side the Black tank. It seems to be only pure water from both sight and smell. That gives me third source. Leaking water pipe/connect, either hot or cold or rinse water from washing machine. The washer waste connection maybe problem but I'm thinking I may have to find someone with stiff Digital Inspection Camera
Clay
Old 01-28-2022, 09:37 PM   #96

THOR #1658
Quote:
No I'm confident is not anything from in side the Black tank. It seems to be only pure water from both sight and smell. That gives me third source. Leaking water pipe/connect, either hot or cold or rinse water from washing machine. The washer waste connection maybe problem but I'm thinking I may have to find someone with stiff Digital Inspection Camera
Clay
An endoscope is a great tool to have. Always to to have an eye in tight areas to find the problem before you tear everything apart.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #97

THOR #11383
Endoscope is the word I was looking for Thanks.

Clay
Old 03-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #98

THOR #11383
Its been a long time getting to this point but yesterday the Jacks were re-installed. Getting the top bolts was the biggest problem. After determining that the jack needed to be extended a little, everything went normal.
In summary why did it take so long for repair.

Failure was Nov 23 and at Memphis it seemed the only person working was Santa.

After Thanksgiving at Livingston everyone had a back log and I didn't want to wait around.
At Kerrville TX, it took a week to find a place where the jack could be removed by dropping down rather raising the front end.

Arrangements was made with Lester in NW Washington who thought he repaired for before Christmas. The jacks were taken to FedEx for Ground Shipment. Stated delivery was 4 business days, I figured maybe 7 days with the Christmas rush. It took 14 business days making delivery Christmas Eve.
Then EXTREME Cold weather arrived resulting frozen water pipes to repair, frozen equipment to repair, flooding, Covid and etc.
Then I had a delay a week, due to truck traffic near the man-hole I would be using.
After over 3 months the weight is of the truck
Thanks for your support.
Clay
Old 03-06-2022, 06:14 PM   #99

THOR #1661
Clay I am happy you are done and back to normal. Unfortunate for you several things came into play delaying your return of your rams.

Now looking forward you can know that the repairs done with QUALITY parts will last a LONG time!!!
Old 03-06-2022, 07:25 PM   #100

THOR #1658
Quote:
Its been a long time getting to this point but yesterday the Jacks were re-installed. Getting the top bolts was the biggest problem. After determining that the jack needed to be extended a little, everything went normal.
In summary why did it take so long for repair.

Failure was Nov 23 and at Memphis it seemed the only person working was Santa.

After Thanksgiving at Livingston everyone had a back log and I didn't want to wait around.
At Kerrville TX, it took a week to find a place where the jack could be removed by dropping down rather raising the front end.

Arrangements was made with Lester in NW Washington who thought he repaired for before Christmas. The jacks were taken to FedEx for Ground Shipment. Stated delivery was 4 business days, I figured maybe 7 days with the Christmas rush. It took 14 business days making delivery Christmas Eve.
Then EXTREME Cold weather arrived resulting frozen water pipes to repair, frozen equipment to repair, flooding, Covid and etc.
Then I had a delay a week, due to truck traffic near the man-hole I would be using.
After over 3 months the weight is of the truck
Thanks for your support.
Clay
Awesome! Thanks for the update and that you reg is now standing on all of her legs.

Tags
front jacks, front landing gear, front rams, rebuild