Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Maryland
THOR #4040
Retrax roll top cover -- just won't work

Have had retrax for a long time so decided to put one on my 2017 F450.
With my TS3 hitch, 3 " spacer, and the DRV pin box it just ain't gonna work.
Twice the pin box has hit the rail to a point where the cover would not roll. I had to bend it back so that things would work.
We all know the new trucks have higher side rails. It is a problem.

Anyone have a F450 with the TS3 --- and a bedcover that works. I sure would be interested in what you have.

Thanks

Don

DonandPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Don,
Is the hit coming from the edge of the pin box outside plate where the flange is?
Joe
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:22 AM   #3

State: Michigan
THOR #5558
I have a Truxedo X15 soft tonneau and have the same interference with the tonneau rail and the back of the pin box. I have the Morryde pin on mine. I just picked up a 4" riser for my TS3, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Trailersaver/Hensley is not advertising the 4" spacer, but they have built a couple of them.

I also just installed an Air Lift Wireless One controller on my TS3 so that I can inflate and deflate the hitch remotely from the cab. I'm hoping that inflating to the max 100 PSI when I need to maneuver will give me enough clearance.

I just need to find some time to make all of the adjustments and try it out.

Mark
Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #4

THOR #4040
hitting the rail -- at the 4 o'clock position

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Don,
Is the hit coming from the edge of the pin box outside plate where the flange is?
Joe
The pin box hits the rail at the 4 o'clock position on the passenger side. This happens when I back into my driveway.

Don
Old 04-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #5

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr176 View Post
I have a Truxedo X15 soft tonneau and have the same interference with the tonneau rail and the back of the pin box. I have the Morryde pin on mine. I just picked up a 4" riser for my TS3, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Trailersaver/Hensley is not advertising the 4" spacer, but they have built a couple of them.

I also just installed an Air Lift Wireless One controller on my TS3 so that I can inflate and deflate the hitch remotely from the cab. I'm hoping that inflating to the max 100 PSI when I need to maneuver will give me enough clearance.

I made a bunch of changes to my TS3.

I use the Airlift wireless controller, but I do not use the mini compressor. The Airlift wireless controller will work fine if you use a solenoid in place of the compressor circuit.

I use the wireless all the time, especially with a toy hauler with varying pin weights.

Besides my normal memory setting for towing, I have the 2nd memory set at 5psi, as I am coming down my street I will dump all the air to gain rear bumper clearance for my driveway.

There is a height limiting bolt on the TS (hidden underneath the saddle on the passenger or right side). I replaced my bolt with a longer one to get the maximum amount of lift that the bags will provide. I also need the clearance for my roll top cover.

I also added a manual dump valve on the hitch for hookup and unhooking.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #6

State: Michigan
THOR #5558
Thanks for the tip on the limiting bolt, I'll have to check that out.

Mark
Old 04-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #7

THOR #4040
Picture of the limiting bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
I made a bunch of changes to my TS3.

I use the Airlift wireless controller, but I do not use the mini compressor. The Airlift wireless controller will work fine if you use a solenoid in place of the compressor circuit.

I use the wireless all the time, especially with a toy hauler with varying pin weights.

Besides my normal memory setting for towing, I have the 2nd memory set at 5psi, as I am coming down my street I will dump all the air to gain rear bumper clearance for my driveway.

There is a height limiting bolt on the TS (hidden underneath the saddle on the passenger or right side). I replaced my bolt with a longer one to get the maximum amount of lift that the bags will provide. I also need the clearance for my roll top cover.

I also added a manual dump valve on the hitch for hookup and unhooking.

Could you send us a PIC or the limiting bolt.

Thanks

Don
Old 04-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #8

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonandPatti View Post
Could you send us a PIC or the limiting bolt.

Not until the next time I take the hitch out and apart for maintenance. It is a bit difficult to see.

But - get a flashlight

Tilt the saddle over the left as far as it will go. Look under the saddle and behind the spring and you will see the bolt.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #9

THOR #4040
4" spacer -- for my T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr176 View Post

Mark
Ordered the 4" spacer for my T3 and it is being delivered today. I will put it on this weekend and try it out the following week. If it does not work I am going to look at another PINBOX.

Thanks

Don