Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2018, 01:42 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #13453
Fullhouse

I'm considering changing out my current fifth wheel for a JX450 Fullhouse next year. It seems (from pictures) to be a nicely equipped trailer with a garage, very liveable. The wife and I are full time, and we travel - we're not stationary full timers.

Any words of advice/recommendations/words of caution on these?

I've done a lot of looking, and it seems that there are very few of them on the used market - I guess this is a good sign, but bad for trying to save a bit. Any leads on where to find one, or am I best of just ordering one? Thanks!

Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 36 RSSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #2152
If you post your question on the more active Facebook page for Drv Suites owners you might get a better response
Old 10-23-2018, 05:49 AM   #3

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
I'm considering changing out my current fifth wheel for a JX450 Fullhouse next year. It seems (from pictures) to be a nicely equipped trailer with a garage, very liveable. The wife and I are full time, and we travel - we're not stationary full timers.

Any words of advice/recommendations/words of caution on these?

I've done a lot of looking, and it seems that there are very few of them on the used market - I guess this is a good sign, but bad for trying to save a bit. Any leads on where to find one, or am I best of just ordering one? Thanks!
I would think that you do not see many on the used market as it is a fairly new model for DRV. It would be different if you were looking for a Dallas or a RSB3. The best dealer to buy from is Rolling Retreats. Alicia is very dedicated and knows all the ins and outs. And then Slade in the shop really knows these rigs and I think that they perform the best PDI out there.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 AM   #4

Model: 36rssb
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3288
Jx 450

Not sure why,but that rig comes with leaf spring suspension.You can order moreryde.Rolling retreats as stated above very knowledgeable on these.Stay in there lot until your happy then pay.Depends on what you order but that rig will weigh at least 20k at the factory.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #5

Model: Fullhouse
State: Florida
THOR #4230
AK:

We have a 2018 JX450 and have been very pleased with it (fulltimed with it since May 2017); however, we are re-thinking our lifestyle choice and will be listing it for sale this coming month. The only issue worth noting is that we have spent 2 summers in the Northeast (where grandchildren are)and it is difficult to find campgrounds in that neck of the woods that can accommodate a 45 ft trailer. Plus, my wife does not feel comfortable driving the truck so all the driving falls on me. We tow with a Ram 5500 with hauler bed and there is no drama with that. Aside from some minor issues that have been resolved by either the dealer or myself, we strongly feel that it is a great rig. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss further.

Tim
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

Model: Fullhouse JX450
State: Texas
THOR #8939
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
Not sure why,but that rig comes with leaf spring suspension.You can order moreryde.Rolling retreats as stated above very knowledgeable on these.Stay in there lot until your happy then pay.Depends on what you order but that rig will weigh at least 20k at the factory.
I full-time in a JX 450. At the factory tour, I asked why they put leaf springs on my toyhauler when the other models have the MorRyde suspension. The answer was that the MorRyde is heavier and they didn’t want to make the toyhauler any heavier than they already are...I’m still considering changing it out some day, but it will raise the overall height.

We love the JX450 - have only had a few problems, e.g. cooktop cover falls down, auto transfer elec box failed, LED lights going out. Minor problems easily fixed.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #7

State: Manitoba
THOR #10343
We have the LX450 and it came with the Moride suspention. We were stuck in a Kansas RV park while we waited for a new suspention pack because one pack ripped and left us with 5 wheels on the ground. Could not find anybody who knew how to change the parts so i learned to do it myself! I think spring suspention might be more reliable and easier to fix, but not as smooth.

You must also to be carefull on what weight you put in the garage because the more weight in the garage the more weight is removed from the pin. A light pin compaired to the weight of the trailer WILL affect the handeling of the trailer to the point of "the tail wagging the dog"! A big heavy truck will minamize but not eliminate the "wag"!

The unit is a 2015 and so far i have done about $10,000 worth of warrante work to get it to perform to my standards.

Just my 2 cents worth and i hope it helps in your decision.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 AM   #8

State: Texas
THOR #3109
First I have heard of an IS coming apart--did Morryde work with you on this? Did the entire wheel/IS arm come off?
Or, what actually did happen to the IS part?
Thanks,
Joe
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 AM   #9

THOR #10343
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
First I have heard of an IS coming apart--did Morryde work with you on this? Did the entire wheel/IS arm come off?
Or, what actually did happen to the IS part?
Thanks,
Joe
On the IS system there is a swing arm with one end on the frame and the other end has the axle. The suspention is 2 sets of rubber blocks with steel plates vulcanized to each side. The plates are off set by about 3 inches or so. These 2 "block packs" when bolted together and to the IS swing arm makes the suspention work. The upward travel of the axle compresses the rubber in a shear action. What happened on mine was that the conection between the rubber and the plate failed, allowing the wheel to travel up and down freely with no weight on the tire. It also ruined the tire because before i caught it the tire locked up at every stop and made a number of flat spots!
I am not an expert on Moride but i learned enough to change the block packs ! Moride did send me the block packs on warranty but nothing for labour and nothing for the $600 tire! They did provide a link for a utube video on how to change the blocks!

Here is a link that explaines the system better than i can.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #10

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca View Post
They did provide a link for a utube video on how to change the blocks!

What is that link?

When I changed out my blocks last year (previous trailer) the PDF file they supplied had the wrong directions.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #11

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
You actually PAID $600 for a GH "H" tire???

Even with 17,500# axle weight my spring offset is well within MORryde's specs for a 8k spring set.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #12

THOR #10343
Sorry, the repair happened 2 years ago and i couldn't find the proper link. The one i posted gave a general idea of the parts involved in the operation of the IS system.
The $600 tire was in CDN$ with tax! It is now the spare.