Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2016, 01:03 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Sat Setup

We picked up our new MS yesterday and due to issues with the bedroom AC unit ran out of time to go through the satellite setup. We have a Directv HD dish at our site and I have both cables connected at the trailer at Sat1 and Sat2. I have our DTV receiver and SWM box connected to the pink cable in the overhead labeled Sat1 at the SWM box "Power to SWM" connection and the HDMI cable from the receiver over to the Sony box and connected to the SAT/CATV connection. When I bring up the DTV menu/setup I get "No Power to SWM" and am basically stuck at that. There are a maze of cables so any suggestions would be appreciated as I have no idea how to make this all work.

We traded a Landmark on the MS but it had much less wiring/cabling to get through to make it all work. I am beat right now from two days of dealing with issues and would love to at least get our living room TV up and working.

Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Kieth, You guys will have to come to the fall Louisiana Gulf Coast Campers meet this October So we can admire the new unit
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:34 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Well I am glad you got the new one but I am lost on you sat problem. We really loved Buckhorn RV resort and cant wait to go back.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:44 AM   #4

Model: Mobile Suite - Dallas
State: Florida
THOR #2074
Do you have a sat dish on your roof or just a separate stand a lone
Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM   #5

THOR #88
We have a stand alone DTV HD dish at our site and we use a Winegard Carryout on the road.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #6

Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
I know that you don't have this roof dish from Winegard, but check out page 6 and 7. It may be a help.
Winegard Company Antenna Support, Troubleshooting
Old 05-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #7

Model: 40 KSSB4
State: Illinois
THOR #1717
You have probably already tried it but sat 2 on my 2016 40 KSSB4 goes to the rear entertainment center and sat 1 goes to the bedroom.

I like it the way it is because the sat wire goes directly thru the door inlet to the sat connection.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #8

THOR #88
I will swap the cables that come from the dish into the trailer. The cable I have connected to the SWM box is labeled OS Sat1 but the DTV setup is saying it is not getting power from the incoming cable to the SWM. We are leaving on a trip in a couple of hours so once we get setup I will try the Carryout and see if I get a connection through it.

One other question, how do you turn off the bedroom speakers so you can have the TV sound come through the living room speaks but not the bedroom?

Steadfast, thanks for the link. I will give it a look.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #9

THOR #1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
One other question, how do you turn off the bedroom speakers so you can have the TV sound come through the living room speaks but not the bedroom?
Turn the Sony receiver around it will be Velcroed, mine were the two speaker connections on the far left side. I just pulled the red wire so if I wanted to reconnect I can do it easy.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #10

Model: 38RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #3539
My 2016 38 RSB3 was wired wrong when we picked it up. The orange cable in the LR entertainment center was labelled SAT1 and it was connected to SAT 2 on the access panel. I pulled the panel and swapped the connections. I have DirecTV and wish I could get a second Sat input to the LR entertainment center from the access panel. I cannot use my DVR to record a second program the way it is currently wired. There are two Sat cables from the roof but only one from the access panel.
Lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #11

THOR #3539
To turn off the bedroom speakers use the Home button on the receiver remote to go to Settings/Speaker Settings. Change the Speaker Pattern to 3/2.1 (you will still get surround when the show supports it) and then you will be able to assign the bedroom speakers (SB Assign) to B. Then the bedroom speakers will be Speaker B and will only be on when you select Speaker B on the receiver.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #12

THOR #1717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostshakerofsalt View Post
To turn off the bedroom speakers use the Home button on the receiver remote to go to Settings/Speaker Settings. Change the Speaker Pattern to 3/2.1 (you will still get surround when the show supports it) and then you will be able to assign the bedroom speakers (SB Assign) to B. Then the bedroom speakers will be Speaker B and will only be on when you select Speaker B on the receiver.
I like leaving the receiver on auto and get the full surround, I have no need for bedroom speakers.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #13

Model: Mobile Suite - Dallas
State: Florida
THOR #2074
Since you don't have the dish on top, you my have to have a power inserter for your land dish to work, thats what powers the SWM.

http://manuals.solidsignal.com/SL5-S...stall%20LR.pdf

Kerry
Old 05-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #14

THOR #88
Thanks for all the replies and info. We are at a different location for a while so I will try and get the system to work on the Carryout. I guess if I can't get it to work by the time we get back to our permanent site I will call DRV and have someone walk me through it.

Frank, we will see what we can do about the rally.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #15

THOR #88
Ok here is where I am as of now. I have the Carryout up and connected at the trailer. I bypassed the Sony box by pulling the HDMI "Out" cable and moved it to the DTV receiver on the "Out" position and went through the setup. I get no signal from the Carryout on either 1 or 2 position connection at the trailer. We have a rain shower about to hit so after that I am going to try and pull the panel and see what it looks like on the back side.

My though is if I can get DTV to the TV by going around the Sony box I would know it is just a matter of getting the setup right through the Sony box after that. Is my assumption correct?
Old 05-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #16

THOR #3539
I have a Winegard Carryout G2. Make sure it is set for DirecTV and you have power in. If it was used on a Dish network in the past the DIP switches will not be set correctly.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #17

THOR #88
Steve, thanks it is set for DTV and I have run the power to it just like when we had our Landmark. I pulled the outside panel and the cables were connected and tight. Pink cable on Sat 1 that runs back to the rear and a grey Sat 2 that runs up towards the bedroom. I have run the receiver setup more than once and keep getting "A satellite signal could not be detected." Now beginning to wonder if the pink cable is bad and not getting a signal from the panel to the receiver. I am out of ideas and getting tired of dealing with it.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #18

THOR #88
It appears we have a bad cable running from the front hookup panel to the living room entertainment center. I disconnected the cable running from the Carryout to the Sat 1 connection and ran it through the slide to the receiver and we get all the channels just like we always have. I hook it all back up through the connection panel and it does not see a signal. This is very irritating to have a brand new coach and have to take it back to the dealer to have them run a new cable.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:48 AM   #19

THOR #3539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter11 View Post
It appears we have a bad cable running from the front hookup panel to the living room entertainment center. I disconnected the cable running from the Carryout to the Sat 1 connection and ran it through the slide to the receiver and we get all the channels just like we always have. I hook it all back up through the connection panel and it does not see a signal. This is very irritating to have a brand new coach and have to take it back to the dealer to have them run a new cable.
Running the cable directly to the receiver was going to be my next suggestion. Glad you found out the issue. Too bad it requires a dealer visit.

We have a visit to DRV scheduled for mid-July and already have about 20 items on the list. The SOB we traded in had over 70k miles on it including a trip to AK and we did not have anywhere near the issues with it in the 6 years we owned it.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:29 PM   #20

THOR #88
Got it all up and working. Seems there are two pink cables running up to the entertainment center and one is kind of hidden in the back. Sure enough they had miss labeled it and had it connected at the wrong place. Once I found it and connected it to the receiver bingo. Took a couple of days but at least we don't have to take it back to the dealer. Thanks again for all that helped with suggestions and information.