Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 11:01 PM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 38ps3
State: California
THOR #17404
Ms60ocb, the cut out i have is much larger than yours, mine is clear open with no back. If i needed to adjust the pocket door at all it will very easy for me.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:37 PM   #22

Model: 38PS3
State: Idaho
THOR #2022
I was never of the opinion that the furnace in our PS3 needed more return air. The wood cover is still on the access panel inside the pantry.

If you notice, there is plenty of gap around the pocket door for air to get past and down to the furnace.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #23

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
The wood cover is still on the access panel inside the pantry.
If you notice, there is plenty of gap around the pocket door for air to get past and down to the furnace.

My access panel inside the panty is in place but wouldn't help the air flow except when pantry doors were open.
The gap around my door is on the back side the door and on the left. My closing the door a bit let more air travel around the left side and down.
Clay
Old 03-01-2020, 04:28 PM   #24

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS60ocb View Post
My PS3 is as you stated and has pantry below screened opening that Surron's picture noted. What I don't know, what is the intended depth of the opening). My pantry is deeper than some. My intentions have been to cut back side hole bigger but have avoided making mess. Anyway I solve part of the problem by closing the pocket a few inches in colder temperature. I think this gives furnace blower a better chance to move air.
Clay 2016 38PS3/Dallas

Looks like a hole to access the pocket door track. You the original owner?
Old 03-02-2020, 02:51 AM   #25

State: Texas
THOR #11383
Yes I'm the original owner. This was modified unit I ordered. Two things we didn't like about the 38PS3 was the small Bathroom sink in the bedroom and the small closet. We actually have the rear half of the 38PS3 and the front half is very similar to a Dallas. I wanted a unit 40 feet long which it is 40 feet and inches.

Yes that is the access to make pocket door adjustment but also is the access for air to return to the basement and the Furnace. Square inch area of the hole is smaller than require duct work.
Clay
Old 03-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #26

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
That is a very small hole. I would enlarge.