Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2015, 02:45 AM   #21

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tneagle View Post
Ok...now that we have gone thru who has the biggest... let's get back to my question I just quoted above. After all it should be all about me me me.
HighwayProducts tool box. 30" front to back and bed height. They make a couple styles that go at the back of the bed. My had one on his RAM Dually but sold it because it was hard to get into with the RV hooked up.

This baby holds a lot of tools!

Old 04-03-2015, 03:21 AM   #22

THOR #1661
Anyone in NW WA looking for the HighwayProducts tool box that goes at the back of the bed look on Craig's List Seattle under tools and search tool box. A steal at $375!
Old 04-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #23

Model: 39DBRS3
State: Illinois
THOR #1676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
This is on my 07.5 MS. Cant raise it off the ground with it's setup.

New MS, yes you can let the tires dangle!
Had level-up on my 05 and my new one. Have had the wheels off the ground with both.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #24

Model: 36RS3
State: Illinois
THOR #2847
Perfect picture of "HOW NOT TO". At an "Owners Group Rally" A Dexter representative was there to instruct us the correct way to change a tire. Under NO circumstance were we to do what you are showing! You are supporting the entire side of the RV on ONE spindle and spring. We were instructed to always lift (jack) from the frame. And NEVER lift from the axle. Just sharing before something bad happens.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #25

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SK
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2366
I always carry a non-contact voltage tester, 12volt test light, multi meter and some hand tools. The ones that I use the most are the testers and meters. I never hook into a power pedestal without checking it first.

Fred
Old 09-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #26

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
We just carry the tool kit our dealer gave us on purchase. Simple kit with the minimal tools, but it has everything I needed to date. I've changed my ATF, fixed doors, shower head replacement, etc.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #27

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
I carry a tool box with about anything I figure I might need. And of course the most important thing to carry: Credit card!
Old 09-20-2015, 11:59 PM   #28

Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Maverick, I think most of use will use the hydraulic jacks on the unit to get it off of the ground. I know that is what I have done when I nail found my tire on trip earlier this year. Impact to pull them off and to snug them up and a good torque wrench to install and check them after a few miles...
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #29

Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Perfect picture of "HOW NOT TO". At an "Owners Group Rally" A Dexter representative was there to instruct us the correct way to change a tire. Under NO circumstance were we to do what you are showing! You are supporting the entire side of the RV on ONE spindle and spring. We were instructed to always lift (jack) from the frame. And NEVER lift from the axle. Just sharing before something bad happens.
Our current 5th wheel has the LevelUp system, so tire changing won't be a problem. On our previous 2004 MS, however, that option was not available - it had electric jacks. I must confess that, although I have a hydraulic bottle jack in the toolbox in the bed of the truck, I also carry a ramp and have used the ramp method to get a tire changed on the shoulder of I-10 with semis whistling by a few inches from the road side of the rig. My primary goal in that situation was to get the tire changed and get my family and my rig out of danger as quickly as possible before some drunk came along and slammed into the rear of the 5th wheel.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:11 PM   #30

THOR #1661
I will probably still carry thew TrailerAide even tho I can lift the tires off the ground. It sure came in handy when my bearing shifted and rotor dug into mounting bracket on our 07.5 MS along HWY 101.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #31

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
I guess the real answer is if you have room bring it wth you. As you never know what you will need to fix or maintain a rig. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #32

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
That Snap On box setup, (and the tools inside), very likely funded the Snap On distributor's kids through college, their orthodontics, their first cars, and the down payment for their first homes!

I carry an SAE/Metric socket set from Harbor Freight, a Crescent wrench, a Leatherman knife, a Swiss Army Tinker knife, and a 10-in-one screwdriver from Ace Hardware.
Is that a metric crescent wrench? I have a set of metric screwdrivers and a metric hammer but I can't seem to find the crescent wrench. On top of that, I need a left hand one.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:22 AM   #33

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemusic321 View Post
Is that a metric crescent wrench? I have a set of metric screwdrivers and a metric hammer but I can't seem to find the crescent wrench. On top of that, I need a left hand one.
WOW, you seem to have all the tools. Where can I find some blinker fluid?

Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #34

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Louisiana
THOR #2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
WOW, you seem to have all the tools. Where can I find some blinker fluid?

I think you can find it across the aisle from the muffler bearings in most auto parts stores.