Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2019, 04:07 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Memphis
State: South Dakota
THOR #2341
Water Intrusion

If anyone has had water intrusion issues with their DRV, please send me a PM. I’d like to talk to you.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 AM   #2

Model: 38 RSB3
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
If anyone has had water intrusion issues with their DRV, please send me a PM. I’d like to talk to you.
Whet are you having it? With the slide floors?
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 AM   #3

THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
Whet are you having it? With the slide floors?
I've already documented my extensive rotten slide floor issue. Just wanting to see how many other DRV owners are willing to come forward and discuss their water issues.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:37 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #5584
Discovered fairly recently I have floor damage due to a ripped slide seal I didn't realize I had. The flooding did kind of tip me off, as did the frog that made itself at home. And the mushroom that sprouted between the rear wall and floor. It goes in the shop next Friday for a month or so. They tell me the slide has to be removed to get to all the floor boards. *sigh*
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #5

Model: MSA 40
State: North Dakota
THOR #10945
When they make the repair, what do they change to prevent this from happening again? There are a lot of people with rotted floor issues, and have been for quite a few years back, but nothing seems to change. I am having trouble understanding this.

Dave
Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #6

THOR #5584
All new seals, in my case. Since they're pretty much dismantling the thing, I'd think they'd end up damaging them enough to do that anyway.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:58 AM   #7

THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain View Post
Discovered fairly recently I have floor damage due to a ripped slide seal I didn't realize I had. The flooding did kind of tip me off, as did the frog that made itself at home. And the mushroom that sprouted between the rear wall and floor. It goes in the shop next Friday for a month or so. They tell me the slide has to be removed to get to all the floor boards. *sigh*
Is this a DRV Mobile Suite or Elite Suite or another Thor Brand? I'm specifically asking about DRV's with water issues. Thanks, though.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #8

THOR #1658
Quote:
I've already documented my extensive rotten slide floor issue. Just wanting to see how many other DRV owners are willing to come forward and discuss their water issues.
I must have missed it or did recognize your screen name over the many threads with this issue. I have a little rot on two of my slides. I watch it like a hawk. One thing that I have noticed over the past two months, that has not been said. Is I also think there is a thermal break problem happening. My bed slide floor gets wet when it is cold outside. I do not have a washer drier and have had those water lines cut off for 3 1/2 years at the water manifold. So my water lines are not leaking. I now keep a fan in that closet to increase air circulation. It seems to have really helped. And this does not even address the caulk issue that is the big elephant in the room.
What is it that you want to discuss about it?
Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #9

THOR #5584
Quote:
Is this a DRV Mobile Suite or Elite Suite or another Thor Brand? I'm specifically asking about DRV's with water issues. Thanks, though.

Had to look that up, since I don't speak acronym. Didn't realize it was to be a discussion about a specific unit. Sorry.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #10

State: Texas
THOR #3109
Hey, not a problem--when anyone mentions wet/rotted floors, all us DRV owners perk up...and, apparently, lots of us are all suffering from Thoritis.
2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:22 AM   #11

THOR #2341
Quote:
I must have missed it or did recognize your screen name over the many threads with this issue. I have a little rot on two of my slides. I watch it like a hawk. One thing that I have noticed over the past two months, that has not been said. Is I also think there is a thermal break problem happening. My bed slide floor gets wet when it is cold outside. I do not have a washer drier and have had those water lines cut off for 3 1/2 years at the water manifold. So my water lines are not leaking. I now keep a fan in that closet to increase air circulation. It seems to have really helped. And this does not even address the caulk issue that is the big elephant in the room.
What is it that you want to discuss about it?
I'm gathering information on the number of owners and the type of water intrusion issues. I would rather not openly discuss it further here. If you care to, send me a PM with your E-mail and I'll contact you.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #12

THOR #1658
Quote:
I'm gathering information on the number of owners and the type of water intrusion issues. I would rather not openly discuss it further here. If you care to, send me a PM with your E-mail and I'll contact you.
Will do.

What if you start a poll? And make it so you can see who voted? Sending you a PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #13

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
What was or is your clue to having a water intrusion issue?

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #14

THOR #2341
Quote:
Will do.

What if you start a poll? And make it so you can see who voted? Sending you a PM.
Replied to your PM, thanks.
If I knew how to do a poll I would.... I'm not that forum savvy.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #15

THOR #2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
What was or is your clue to having a water intrusion issue?
Duane, This is Jim Roach from the HDT group. We didn't know we had an issue on the slide floor until we took off the lower fender panel to replace it. From the top, it looked fine, from the bottom there were no ripples. It wasn't we exposed the edge that it became obvious.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #16

Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Duane, This is Jim Roach from the HDT group. We didn't know we had an issue on the slide floor until we took off the lower fender panel to replace it. From the top, it looked fine, from the bottom there were no ripples. It wasn't we exposed the edge that it became obvious.
OK, thought it might be you. In 15 years of RV'ing I never worried about this stuff until 7 months ago.
And the "just keep up on the caulk" is out of hand.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:34 AM   #17

THOR #1658
I posted a poll for you in another thread. And also linked this thread in it. Hope this helps see some number and information at a quick glance.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29...oll-16110.html
Old 02-18-2019, 01:19 AM   #18
MnP

Model: 38RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #2069
Paul Cross told me he had probably done 60 slide floors of various brands last October when I was there. At the time I was there he had 3 DRVs on the lot with rotten slide floors (one of them mine). Kay told me that most of the slide floors are manufactured by one vendor and all brands of RVs are having issues. This industry needs some regulation and some oversight on the consolidation that is/has taken place in the industry. The lack of quality in the build process and materials supplied by vendors borders on criminal intent.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #19

THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnP View Post
Paul Cross told me he had probably done 60 slide floors of various brands last October when I was there. At the time I was there he had 3 DRVs on the lot with rotten slide floors (one of them mine). Kay told me that most of the slide floors are manufactured by one vendor and all brands of RVs are having issues. This industry needs some regulation and some oversight on the consolidation that is/has taken place in the industry. The lack of quality in the build process and materials supplied by vendors borders on criminal intent.
The floor itself could prop only be improved, but the larger issue is making sure they are sealed up where water does not get to them. Thanks for taking to poll on the new thread.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #20

Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
THOR #1661
From the pics I have seen the plywood is delaminating, not rotting. PIZZ POOR quality glue from the plywood manufacturer.