Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14848
Bed cover

Hello all.....would like to pick some of experienced brains in the forum.

My wife and I are FT in a DRV Tradition. We are gearing up for retirement in maybe less than two years. We have been living in the trailer for about a year now...and really loving it.
That said, we still have yet to purchase a truck! We had the trailer moved to a park close to my work. I plan on making the truck purchase in the next few months. I will be getting a DRW...8ft bed....4 dr.....yet to be determined make.
So....my question is this:
I plan on using the bed for some storage....ie....folding electric bikes....small generator....tool box etc. I plan on leaving the hitch in. I’m asking for some suggestions on a bed cover that gives secure storage and remains on while hauling the trailer.
Also, the hitch I’m planning on getting is one of the air cushion models....if that makes a difference.

I realize that there are bed rail clearance considerations etc that I just don’t have data for since I don’t have the truck yet.

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #2

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I'm a bit hesitant to respond after being scolded for responding to a DRV post from another DRV owner!!
If I were to buy a bed cover again I'd have to go with the Roll n Lock, I believe that's the name. It rolls up into about an 8" space in the front of your truck bed & rolls out like a big window blind, very sturdy & lockable.
My son has it on his truck, it doesn't stick up above the bed rails, but does stick inside the bed sides a bit, shouldn't affect the turning radius.
They're a bit pricey, but look & operate very nicely.
Just another recommendation. When buying the truck add the 'Amp' steps to it, they automatically lower when the door opens, closes when it shuts & are lighted. They too are a bit pricey, but are awesome.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #3

THOR #14848
Excellent!.....I’ll look into both...thanks!
Old 07-31-2020, 12:44 AM   #4

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #9543
This post is a little old, but just saw it. I have a Pace Edwards electric bed cover on my 8' bed. It's a solid slat cover that rolls up inside of a canister on the cab end of the bed. It has a bed switch and a remote control. Installed it in 2012, and it has given very good service. A little pricey at about $2k in 2012.
2017 36RSSB3--2012 F350 KR, LWB, SRW, bilsteins, 1 1/4" anti sway bar, bilstein steering stabilizer, airlift air bags, on board wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, all synthetic fluids; KEM, Tyrant, and PIP tunes with SCT X4 programming, G37 2017 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission and torque convertor, Edge CTS gauge monitoring.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:21 AM   #5

THOR #14848
Yes...sounds like exactly what I’m going to get.. looking forward to it!!