Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2017, 04:13 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasinDallas View Post
We picked up our 2017 25.3 this weekend from MHSRV. Being first time RV owners I read bevedfelker's Axis/Vegas Owners' Manual front to back and back to front prior to going. While on the Vegas my wife and I went through the manuals Pre-Delivery Inspection line by line. This was an invaluable resource!(thank you again)
Everyone we dealt with at MHSRV could not have been more helpful. They encouraged us to stay onsite for a couple of days to become comfortable with everything and hopefully find and address any issues prior to leaving. We were assigned an RV tech for a couple of hours to run us through everything. We found two issues while down there, both of which were addressed within minutes. Throughout our two day stay, the salesman and RV tech stopped in on multiple occasions to check on us.
All in all, we had a great time and couldn't be happier with our purchase.

Glad you had a good experience at MSHRV, we did too! Nice people!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #42

Model: Synergy tt24
State: New York
THOR #8492
Did you have any issues that were in need of correction
Old 08-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #43

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
We picked up our 2017 25.3 this weekend from MHSRV. Being first time RV owners I read bevedfelker's Axis/Vegas Owners' Manual front to back and back to front prior to going. While on the Vegas my wife and I went through the manuals Pre-Delivery Inspection line by line. This was an invaluable resource!(thank you again)
Everyone we dealt with at MHSRV could not have been more helpful. They encouraged us to stay onsite for a couple of days to become comfortable with everything and hopefully find and address any issues prior to leaving. We were assigned an RV tech for a couple of hours to run us through everything. We found two issues while down there, both of which were addressed within minutes. Throughout our two day stay, the salesman and RV tech stopped in on multiple occasions to check on us.
All in all, we had a great time and couldn't be happier with our purchase.
Thanks for the update.

Having gone thought it, other than staying a couple days and going through every aspect of the coach, do you have any suggestions for an MHSRV pickup?

Did you take advantage of the courtesy car? Do they supply you a specific one or is it first come, first served?

I'm curious, did you inspect the roof and if so, did you use the ladder on the 25.3 or did they provide one?

Did you run the generator to try things on generator? Do they have any restrictions on that?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlevitt View Post
Did you have any issues that were in need of correction

2 issues that we found
1 very minor- the Velcro that holds the seat cushion of the dinette had many staples sticking out. That was fixed shortly after notifying them
The other issue was the windshield gasket had a buckle in the corner. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1342.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	6156
They tried to fix it but have to order the part.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #45

Model: Synergy tt24
State: New York
THOR #8492
Well did better than I. My wifi extender is not working along with the Mobile eye and solar panel. I fixed the horrible rattle in the screen door that developed. All in all nothing horrible thus far. I am certain all will be corrected.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #46

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
Check the edges of the dining table ours had some really sharp edges they replaced the table
Old 08-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #47

THOR #8252
No suggestions other than take advantage of everything they offer.
We had no need for a courtesy car so I can't comment on that. We live in Texas and drove. I did inspect the roof and used the ladder on the 25.3. They also ran it through a RV wash. As far as the generator, we took the Vegas for a drive so we could check out the Ford end of it. We stopped at a Walmart and stayed there for a coupe of hours to check out everything as if "boondocking". We found take out and relaxed there. It was 105 degrees that day (115 heat index). Everything including the generator worked fine. Not sure if they have an issue with running the generator at MHSRV but I would doubt it. They encourage checking everything.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #48

THOR #8012
Quote:
No suggestions other than take advantage of everything they offer.
We had no need for a courtesy car so I can't comment on that. We live in Texas and drove. I did inspect the roof and used the ladder on the 25.3. They also ran it through a RV wash. As far as the generator, we took the Vegas for a drive so we could check out the Ford end of it. We stopped at a Walmart and stayed there for a coupe of hours to check out everything as if "boondocking". We found take out and relaxed there. It was 105 degrees that day (115 heat index). Everything including the generator worked fine. Not sure if they have an issue with running the generator at MHSRV but I would doubt it. They encourage checking everything.
Based on how little you've found so far, might either be the answer to my question or that you got a "good one" but do you get the sense they live up to their 200 point PDI? A lot of dealers claim extensive PDI's, but based on customer experiences that are posted, it seems like those dealers do little or no PDI.

Even more than price, the two things that drove me towards MHSRV was that it appears they take the PDI serious, and the fact they have the dedicated orientation area, with dedicated techs to dealing with problems and encourage people to stay there one or more days (or until everything is resolved if not handled in a couple days).

The local dealer was like "we take a look to make sure everything is good, we don't have that many problems from the factory" and they have no formal PDI or handover process.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #49

THOR #8012
Oh, two more questions:

1. What type of starter kit did they give you? I think they mention one, but I'm wondering what I need to bring with me. Did they give you water hose, sewer hose, toilet paper, etc., or should I be sure I get some/all of that stuff first?

2. Do they push you to sign paperwork before PDI, or do they do a PDI walk through with you and then have you sign the papers, and then you go back and camp for a couple days?
Old 08-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #50
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I don't think I can trust the ladder, but I'm wondering if I can safely walk on the roof. I'm 270lbs. I've not found anything definitive on that.

Personally , if you do not feel comfortable on the roof/ladder, don't do it !

When we did our PDI, we did not go on the roof...of course, it was January, in Kansas City...nasty day... Ron checked our roof, when the weather was good.

My suggestion...if the fellow doing the PDI wants to inspect the roof for you...put your cell phone on video and hand it to him. Have him record the inspection for you.

I recorded our PDI while the fellow was walking Ron through the motorhome.
Even though we have had several motorhomes in the past, we wanted to make sure we knew what all of the different switches, etc. were for. Just make sure that the PDI is done with Shore Power and USE mode, to make sure all the elec. is working properly.

happy camping ! from Kay and Ron
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:24 AM   #51

THOR #8252
Quote:
Oh, two more questions:

1. What type of starter kit did they give you? I think they mention one, but I'm wondering what I need to bring with me. Did they give you water hose, sewer hose, toilet paper, etc., or should I be sure I get some/all of that stuff first?

2. Do they push you to sign paperwork before PDI, or do they do a PDI walk through with you and then have you sign the papers, and then you go back and camp for a couple days?

We did get a starter kit which consisted of a water hose, toilet paper, chemical for the waste water tanks, a water pressure regulator and a sewer hose. The salesman felt that the sewer hose was a joke and suggested getting a rhino hose from Walmart. I bought "the Sewer Solution" from Amazon and am going to try it out.

They had us do our PDI with the RV tech spending time with is and had us let them know when we were ready to sign.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:34 AM   #52

THOR #8012
Quote:
We did get a starter kit which consisted of a water hose, toilet paper, chemical for the waste water tanks, a water pressure regulator and a sewer hose. The salesman felt that the sewer hose was a joke and suggested getting a rhino hose from Walmart. I bought "the Sewer Solution" from Amazon and am going to try it out.

They had us do our PDI with the RV tech spending time with is and had us let them know when we were ready to sign.
Cool. Sounds reasonable on the PDI. I know generally you do a PDI first, but I've read a few people post about other dealers pressuring for signing paperwork before the PDI.

Good to know on the starter kit. Probably fine for the couple days there (if we fly down), but I'll plan on a better option. I will probably either go the sewer solution route or a macerator, as I wake up in cold sweats thinking about the black tank (ok, maybe not quite that bad) and for most of our weekend trips, I'll probably just dump at home.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #53
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Cool. Sounds reasonable on the PDI. I know generally you do a PDI first, but I've read a few people post about other dealers pressuring for signing paperwork before the PDI.

Good to know on the starter kit. Probably fine for the couple days there (if we fly down), but I'll plan on a better option. I will probably either go the sewer solution route or a macerator, as I wake up in cold sweats thinking about the black tank (ok, maybe not quite that bad) and for most of our weekend trips, I'll probably just dump at home.
Ron has a couple pair of rubber gloves on hand to use in regards to the black water tank...we have a separate 'black' hose for use with the black water tank and a sewer solution. He has the 45 degree elbows on our sewer hose
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:19 AM   #54

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:

We got all that plus a nice tool kit and a big rug that says MSHRV, both were actually pretty nice! I appreciated it!