Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1152
2006 Four Winds 31P

Just wanted to say hello and do the intros'.

My wife and I are 100% Newbies! (ok, back in the late 60's my grandparents had an RV....but I've slept since then...lol) We've been actively looking for a used RV and with our budget and financial goals we hoped to find a well cared for one. Going to the shows, looking at adds, visiting dealers we were beginning to think we'd have to possibly compromise. After actually walking thru many units and discovering what looks good in pictures and layout doesn't always (rarely) match our desires or needs.

Well as luck would have it, the wife found an add for this unit about an hour away and we set an appointment to see it. Prior to that we looked and values, archive brochures, etc. to get familiar with the unit. One walk around the unit and then one pass thru it, we were sold. Funny thing is we had all intention of offering a lower $$, but I told the wife that it would be insulting to them and us to do so. Only had 14,379 miles on the clock, more options than listed and brand new tires due to the michelin recall. I mean only had miles from the tire ship to the house new! The interior flooring (carpet and linoleum) looked like it just came off the showroom. The seating areas and coverings looked like they'd never been sat in. All items functioned flawlessly. All I can say is wow! If it ever had problems, they did the shakedown for us!
Our banker told us we stole it @ 63% of value and are walking into it with equity.

Everything is finalized and they are even bringing it to us from down south. Right to the bank to finalize the paper work signatures for lic, bill of sale etc. So, come Monday, we are motor-homers....lol. Not to late that the grand kids won;t want to hang out with Nana and Papa on camping trips and not to late for us to see all the places we want to see together.

Sorry for the long post, we're just excited and ready to hit the road. On a side note, I've contacted Thor and their folks e-mailed me an owner's manual (yes they are generic) and the "as built" plumbing and electrical based on our vin#. After seeing all the were is this and were is that people ask, I figured I asked the builder. It was easy and they were great! YMMV So, now I know exactly where the low point drains are and all other items including the add options.

See you all on the road!

Old 09-28-2014, 03:04 AM   #2

Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Mrrabk,
My wife and I own a 31F Four Winds and we are planning the same sort of thing, selling our house and all of our "stuff" and hitting the road for as long as we want or are able. Our grandkids like to "camp" with us as long as we've got cable or dish connections and can enjoy a campfire with "smores" after dinner.

Having two boys we knew we needed to dissolve our household preemptively in order to spare them of that task, so we've been reducing, simplifying, and planning to fade away gracefully in style. There are lots of places to see and things to do and our MH will get us there and to family holidays and birthdays with a little planning.
John & Gail
Athens, Ga
Old 09-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Welcome here and have a great time
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Congratulations on your find. Sounds like you got a great deal.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 31P
State: Florida
THOR #1171
Congrats on your find! Sounds lovely.
We are RV newbies also and just purchased a 2008 Four Winds 31P. The interior is not perfect but it only has 9500 miles. After much research we had decided that we could pass on the other available "fancier" rigs in order to get one with good "bones" at a great price. We don't get to take delivery until next week after the dealer preps all we asked for but we are looking forward to the walk-through and learning about our new adventure!
Happy Travels!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: c class
State: Europe
THOR #1211
Good luck and let us know your experiences ! Good luck, and share your experiences !!