Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #4106
2010 four winds majestic 19G

hi, all:
Bought a second hand 2010 four winds majestic 19G from cruise america, which they retired from their fleet. They do good refurbish before selling it: painting outside, new tire, check of the coach etc.

Before the purchase, I rent a same model one from Cruise America for about 5 weeks and love it. It's the only model that can park in regular lots, that mean I can park anywhere like a car when shopping in supermarket.

I love this new toy and eager to began my travel now.

BTW:
It's a surprise the insurance for RV is only 1/3 to a car.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 AM   #2

Model: 19G
State: Nevada
THOR #4459
Question 19g

I've got the same coach from Cruise America.

Does yours have air stem valves in a door by the fuel inlet?

If so what is it used for? Cruise America said it was some kind of winterizing systrm
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Congratulations.

I've inspected the 19G model various times while renting from Cruise America (when needing more room than our van can provide), and there is so much I really like about that design.

As mentioned above it's compact, the same length and wheelbase as my Ford E-350 Extended Van which shares same chassis. It's a little wider at 91 inches, which may seem small to most, but compared to Class Bs it's very roomy.

The aero front cap looks very modern and upscale, and combined with small dimensions, low weight, and V8 engine should return excellent fuel economy (by motorhome standards anyway).

I also like the single rear wheel design with aluminum rims. The overall package reminds me of smaller European motorhomes, except built on a heavier-duty Ford chassis (albeit limited by SRW 9,600-pound GVWR).

For many couples on the fence between a Class B and a Class C the 19G bridges the gap pretty well. Unfortunately they must have not sold well or Thor would still be making them.

In case you haven't seen Thor archives, here is a link to a very similar motorhome including specifications. Note that Cruise America may have ordered some minor changes during rental fleet purchase.

https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...rochure_LR.pdf
Old 06-10-2016, 05:24 AM   #4

THOR #4106
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkamm View Post
I've got the same coach from Cruise America.

Does yours have air stem valves in a door by the fuel inlet?

If so what is it used for? Cruise America said it was some kind of winterizing systrm

lots of small doors in the RV, not sure which one do you means.

The winterizing system has two valves in the rear part of RV body. But I do not learn it in detail, since I lived in CA.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:40 PM   #5

THOR #5383
Thor Majestic 19G

Earlier this year, I purchased a 19G from Cruise America with 170K+ Miles on it. I spent three months this summer traveling across the US and put 12K miles on it.. had absolutely no problems, just regular oil changes. I also found out that in Illinois, the toll roads cost more of you have two wheels in the back, so I actually saved money while driving through there (some times the toll attendant would get out of the booth and look to confirm there was only one wheel in the back!).
I noticed that everything in the coach was built tough to take rental abuse - all the appliances were Dometic, everything was simple to use. I didn't know what to expect, but we very surprised and pleased with how it performed.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #6

State: Hawaii
THOR #6325
Thor 19G - cab over bed

We are trying to find out how tall the space over the bed over the cab in this unit is. Tall enough to sit up? Does anybody own a 19G and can tell us how many inches it is from the mattress to the ceiling on the end facing towards the interior? Thanks for your help!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #7

Model: Majestic 19G
State: Quebec
THOR #6646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRVy View Post
We are trying to find out how tall the space over the bed over the cab in this unit is. Tall enough to sit up? Does anybody own a 19G and can tell us how many inches it is from the mattress to the ceiling on the end facing towards the interior? Thanks for your help!
This might help
28" height.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #8

Model: 19G
State: Washington
THOR #6585
Have you ever towed a vehicle behind your 19G?
Old 03-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #9

Model: Majestic 19G
State: Quebec
THOR #6646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little John View Post
Have you ever towed a vehicle behind your 19G?
No I haven't, I am still unsure about the towing capacity.
The manufacturer brochure says 3500/350, the hitch says 5000/500, but there is another sticker on the hitch that says 2500/200.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #10

Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Congrats on the new coach, and welcome to the forum!
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #11

Model: majestic 19g
THOR #11400
new majestic 19g owner

hey all,

just joined the club and bought a majestic 19g from cruise america a few days ago.

first thing i'd like to do is add a backup camera. did a google search and there are plenty to choose from, actually quite overwhelming. trying to keep it as simple as possible and leaning towards a wireless version. thoughts?

has anyone else added a camera and able to offer any suggestions especially as they apply to this coach. looking for a clean way to access power for camera. would love any guidance.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #12

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Check to see if you have air bags at rear a lot of times that is where they put the stems
Old 11-05-2018, 02:31 AM   #13

State: Maryland
THOR #13642
19 G Solar

Folks, I've owned a 19G for almost 4 years now. We love it as it is just the two of us and use it for regular weekend getaways. Question does your solar work? Has anyone replaced theirs or any tips on how to get it working. I can't even find a wiring diagram for it.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #14
cdr

THOR #16286
Gas MPG

Hi,

I'm looking to buy this model in particular because we would like to travel with my wife all the way down to Tierra del Fuego in South America but I would like if you guys can give me some idea of the MPG that this RV 2010 THOR MOTOR COACH FOUR WINDS MAJESTIC 19G has in your experience.

Thank you for your time
Old 08-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #15
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
cdr,
Welcome to the Forum!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:11 AM   #16
cdr

THOR #16286
Thank you Bob

Old 08-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #17

Model: majestic 19g
THOR #11400
cdr... we bought a 19g a little over a year ago and have taken a handful of trips. We have checked the mileage on a few of them but not everyone. We live at a bit over 6000 ft and most trips end up at sea level, so there is quite a bit of uphill on some legs, but that said, I think we have been getting about 12 mpg on most tanks.

After several years of towing pop up trailers and trying to figure out what we wanted we settled on the 19g. We couldn't be happier with our choice. Perfect size for two and our dog. Easy to drive and plenty of room for us.

Good luck on your adventure.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #18

State: Maryland
THOR #13642
Majestic 19g 2010 Dually

Folks has anyone converted their rig to a Dually? I am looking into this. I love our rig but really do not like the sway in the Mountains. Plus we had a blow out coming down a steep decline in Virginia right rear ripped apart the wheel well and we almost rolled. Scary moment. I know I'll lose gas mileage. Not sure if we need the conversion kit? To me it looks like the rear was made for a Dually. Thoughts please?
Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #19
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
This might be the perfect Toad; for the 19G owner...

Towing it "four-down": you'd be right at 2400 lbs.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1567107430
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bumper 05.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	19921  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:23 PM   #20

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy12 View Post
Folks has anyone converted their rig to a Dually? I am looking into this. I love our rig but really do not like the sway in the Mountains. Plus we had a blow out coming down a steep decline in Virginia right rear ripped apart the wheel well and we almost rolled. Scary moment. I know I'll lose gas mileage. Not sure if we need the conversion kit? To me it looks like the rear was made for a Dually. Thoughts please?

You’d be ruining one of my favorite features of the 19G — its Single Rear Wheels.

Before I’d convert to duallies, I’d install rear wheels and tires with greater load capacity. Maybe all four if budget allows.

After owning both, I prefer SRW over duallies, and understand why there is more interest in going from duallies to singles; provided load capacity can be met.

According to Ford specs, SRW E-350 Cutaway has extra axle capacity, but track width is narrower than duallies. You’d have to measure, but I expect inside tires would hit springs if you use normal Ford 16” wheels. You’d probably also have to go to narrower tires because of wheel-to-wheel spacing.

By the way, duallies will ride harsher too.

I’d stay with singles and upgrade in width to provide more load capacity, or consider 19.5” wheels and tires, but that’s expensive and not really needed. Have you weighed your 19G? It should be fairly light.