Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Washington
THOR #2603
Cool 2014 Palazzo in Northern WA State - Author

Hi All,
New to Thor, New to this forum, Not new to RV's or computers.
Check out my Profile.

Hopefully this will turn into a good place to meet others with 2014 Thor Palazzo's or similar coaches and ask questions and find answers.

Tim Clark
Author of "A Compilation of Dreams"

Old 08-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maryland
THOR #2676
Thor Palazzo

Hello Tim,

I am interest in the Thor Challenger 37xx, but also impressed with the Palazzo as well. I would appreciated if you could share some of your experience with your Palazzo... such as how was this beauty handling, especially with the air bag suspension, the power of 600 ft-lb of torque as well as the fuel mileage when fully loaded...

Thanks in advance...
Tam Le
Old 08-17-2015, 03:30 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Washington
THOR #2603
Cool Reply

Hi Tam,
The chassis has been wonderful, I love the ride and the highway driving is a dream. The turning radius is less than I would like and theres a lot of "road feel" in the steering wheel I could do without, but those are livable.
I hear theres a new improved steering Freightliner is coming out with. I would wait for that. Oh, and a few more adjustments in tilt and seat position would be good. I can fix that though.
As for mileage I havent done any trip calculations yet, I'm expecting eight to ten and if I get more than that it will just be bonus!
Theres been a lot of problems with the building or house part of the RV, just a lack of cleanup and attention to detail during the building of it. I think this is inherent to all Thor Rv's, and maybe all new RV's everywhere, like new cars I think they all have a unique set of issues.
Either way you go it will be an adventure!
Have Fun!

Tim