Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #2373
2015 ACE 30.1 New Guy

I'm glad I found this forum and thanks for all the information you have on it. I bought my coach in February and have nothing but problems since. I'm not sure why Camping World is still in business. I am sitting at a Ford dealer with a blown AC hose and Ford says its a Thor problem and Camping World won't call my back. Estimate from Ford is $660.00. Any suggestions?
I was supposed to be heading for Alaska last Friday.
Mike,McCall Idaho

Old 07-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMACE View Post
I'm glad I found this forum and thanks for all the information you have on it. I bought my coach in February and have nothing but problems since. I'm not sure why Camping World is still in business. I am sitting at a Ford dealer with a blown AC hose and Ford says its a Thor problem and Camping World won't call my back. Estimate from Ford is $660.00. Any suggestions?
I was supposed to be heading for Alaska last Friday.
Mike,McCall Idaho
First, welcome to the Forum

Second, call Thor customer service and explain the issue to them. They may authorize the repair be performed by Ford or find a dealer that will perform the work.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #3

THOR #2373
Thors response

I have been on Thor's phone on hold for 58 minutes. I finally talked to their operator without any success so she will ask someone to call me back. Their hold said I was 2 minutes out then 4 mintutes out then seven minutes out etc....
Thank you for your response. Frustrating to say the least...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #4

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Welcome and sorry for your troubles. We also bought a 2015 ACE 30.1 in Jan. and it has been good with only two problems so far. There was a leak in the pluming under the kitchen sink. Loosened the "P" trap and found the rubber gasket was not installed correctly, quick and simple fix.
Then I noticed a hydraulic fluid leak under the steering pump, not bad but still a leak. I never even called Camping World where we bought it because I figured it was a Ford problem. My call to Thor confirmed this and the Thor gave me the number to call at Ford. The Ford people offered to tow it to a shop but I told them it was not necessary. Ford called the nearest dealer that could handle the MH got the name of the person to talk to informed them it was approved under warranty. I called and set up an appointment they checked it out and it was the $1200 pump which was not in stock. Came home, went camping they got part and then went back to have it installed. I had nothing but great service from Thor and Ford. Ford gives a three year bumper to bumper warranty so unless Thor damaged something it should be fixed by Ford. I suggest a call to Thor and go from there. Jim.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:53 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #1499
There are RV repair shops in Boise, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, McCall and other locations. Most will handle all warranty work. Your problem should be under warranty if it's the overhead AC it's with the RV repair centers. If it's with the chassis/engine compartment it's with Ford. I can guaranty you that a Ford auto dealership would have no idea that you need to go to a Ford large truck shop..

So far with my Ace no Ford chassis problems except for driving like a tank..

Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #6

THOR #2373
AC / Generator

Thanks Jeff.
My Generator keeps quitting when I run the generator and gives me a code of 3 dashes a pause then 3 dashes again. The book says to push the prime button once and it with give you a new code. When I do it gives me one dash a pause and then 3 dashes which means its UNDER VOLTAGE and to reduce the load. "Reduce the number of connected appliances, especially air conditioners and battery chargers". The only thing that is running is the Air that's the reason why I am running it. I bring it to Camping World and they say they don't know what it is.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #7

THOR #2373
Bill at Thor did call back and took care of the $632.00 bill from Ford for the COACH AC broken hose.. They were very nice but did want me to pay the bill and they would reimburse me. Is that standard policy?
Old 07-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #2107
Generator issue

Hello New Guy.

Your generator issue might be a bad fuel pump. I had a similar problem - genset would run a few minutes and stall. It gave a code similar to the one you got, but the problem was the lack of fuel flow causing low speed and low voltage before it quit. After a while it would restart and run a few more minutes. Those pumps are pretty cheap quality.

I would suggest that CW check that pump.

Good luck.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Thor did call back and took care of the $632.00 bill from Ford. They were very nice ut did want me to pay the bill and they would reimburse me. Is that standard policy?
That is the way they handled my mobile repair service in Charleston earlier this year. Once the repair is done you need to send them the receipt and they will reimburse the cost. I emailed the receipt to the warranty individual I talked to eliminate time through snail mail.

A bit of advice, follow-up with them after sending the receipt. In my case the warranty tech didn't submit the voucher for payment until I asked about the status 4 weeks later. If I had followed-up earlier I believe the reimbursement time would have been cut shorter. I was also told Thor cuts reimbursement checks every Friday.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMACE
My Generator keeps quitting when I run the generator and gives me a code of 3 dashes a pause then 3 dashes again. The book says to push the prime button once and it with give you a new code. When I do it gives me one dash a pause and then 3 dashes which means its UNDER VOLTAGE and to reduce the load. "Reduce the number of connected appliances, especially air conditioners and battery chargers". The only thing that is running is the Air that's the reason why I am running it. I bring it to Camping World and they say they don't know what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrambler
Hello New Guy.

Your generator issue might be a bad fuel pump. I had a similar problem - genset would run a few minutes and stall. It gave a code similar to the one you got, but the problem was the lack of fuel flow causing low speed and low voltage before it quit. After a while it would restart and run a few more minutes. Those pumps are pretty cheap quality.

I would suggest that CW check that pump.

Good luck.
If you aren't too thrilled about having CW check the generator (since CW already said: "We don't know") take your coach to a Cummins shop: Cummins Service Locator

Our Axis had one of the bad fuel pumps: It quit and wouldn't restart again. Took it to a local Cummins shop and while the service write up guy was telling me that I should make an appointment and it would take them a month or so to get me in; the tech was replacing the fuel pump! LOL "Oh you're all done!"

It was really funny being at the Cummins shop with our little Axis parked next to all the big semi's--a little humbling (Same thing happened when we got it aligned at a truck shop.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #11

THOR #2373
Generator

Great idea guys. It actually started dying after they serviced it so if CW will call me back I will try that. Do you think Thor will honor the warranty if I go to Cummings?
Old 07-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Great idea guys. It actually started dying after they serviced it so if CW will call me back I will try that. Do you think Thor will honor the warranty if I go to Cummings?
Thor actually notifies you in the owner's manual that the generator is covered by a separate warranty offered by Onan and provides you with the phone number (800-888-6626) and web address (www.onan.com) for information regarding that warranty.

This info is in the section of the owner's manual titled "Suppliers Providing Separate Warranties"
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #13

THOR #2373
Thank you Dave. This Forum is great for us new guys. I will follow up on this...
Old 07-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Thank you Dave. This Forum is great for us new guys. I will follow up on this...
You might want to check on other components such as the refrigerator etc... to ensure there are not separate warranty registration requirements for those items.

This could save you some grief in the long run. For example my fridge and convection microwave are warranted by Whirlpool. If something goes wrong with the Whirlpool comes to the house, I do not have to go to the dealer nor do I have to call Thor for authorization.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #15

THOR #2373
OK I will Dave. Thank you
Old 07-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
In addition if you click on Dave's link you'll find that Cummins owns Onan so, yes they will honor the generator warranty (all I had to do was sign some paper once the fuel pump was replaced).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #17

THOR #2373
Thank you Jamie I will do that while I'm here in Boise. Mike
Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #18

THOR #2373
Noise Any Ideas???

Does anyone know what this noise is or what to do about it? Its loud !!!
Old 07-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #19

THOR #2373
Noise Video

I guess I don't know how to post a video. Sorry